Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Made the right choices and we got a decent result

Agree. Now is not the time to post about how people would have reacted and put other forum members down by saying "if this happened, this would happen" now is a time to relax and accept a good draw.

Got the team completely wrong and was forced into 3 subs, paid off thank god.

He didn't get the team wrong, he couldn't start those players because they were just back from injury. To be fair to Lambert you have to admit that he got it spot on, had the balls to make 3 subs eventhough those players were all not 100% and it could have easily backfired. He's a good manager doing the best he can with limited resources.

The team was completely wrong unless i watched a different game, the 3 subs undoubtedly changed the game but the very fact that we made all 3 on 60 minutes shows that he knew full well the team was wrong and the end result backs that up.

Agree. Now is not the time to post about how people would have reacted and put other forum members down by saying "if this happened, this would happen" now is a time to relax and accept a good draw.

Actually, many of us are posting about how people did react. Lambert's getting slated for not starting Delph, Gabby and Weimann but it's blatantly obvious that they didn't start because they weren't fully fit.

Actually, many of us are posting about how people did react. Lambert's getting slated for not starting Delph, Gabby and Weimann but it's blatantly obvious that they didn't start because they weren't fully fit.

The looked fine when they came on.

They may not have lasted 90 mins but they were clearly fit enough to start.

I think PL was hampered with his selection due to the returning players only training since Friday, meaning they'd start on the bench.

The starting XI controlled Cardiff for 90mins, whilst not making many goal scoring chances we still ended up winning that one.

I'm sure PL would've loved to have started Gabby, Delph and Weimann but their match fitness obviously prevented it.

Tonight, the players gave away two cheap goals (esp the 2nd with that pass from Bacuna) and PL changed formation, rode his luck a little and then brought on the subs knowing they'd have enough fitness to make a difference.

I'd rather take the draw the way we got ours than the way Albion got theirs.

Oh... ?

If the situation was reversed and we'd taken a 2-0 lead only to be brought back to 2-2 after the opposing manager changed the game with 3 substitutions Lambert would be slaughtered on here and the opposing manager would be getting praise.

Oh... ?

If the situation was reversed and we'd taken a 2-0 lead only to be brought back to 2-2 after the opposing manager changed the game with 3 substitutions Lambert would be slaughtered on here and the opposing manager would be getting praise.

I was referring to the comments in the match thread.

I don't think any of what I said in your quoted post was wrong though.

Think hes got away with one tonight. Having Lowton, Gabby, Andi and Delph on the bench, we needed to start two of them, they would have been fine to play 45 mins then HT and another 10 mins and maybe take them off. It would have given us a more solid start and then worry about having to make the subs.

Start with

Delph/Westy/KEA

Bacuna/Tonev (Wingers with Lowts at RB)
Benteke

Look a lot more solid with attacking options to me, then bring on Andi/Gabby/Kozak if needed second half and replace Delph with Sylla at some point.

The result is done but it shows we cant afford to leave them on the bench, if they cant all play full game then sub one of for another, we cant afford miss that much quality from this team.

Edited by AndyM3000

You're obviously right.

Even though Lambert has said they only trained on Friday and they were nowhere near fit. But obviously, you know better than our manager :)

• Like 1

Still think he should have played Lowton instead of Sylla and put Bacuna in midfield. But we improved in the second half and managed to get ourselves a point which is not all bad. Definitely needs to make some changes for the Sunderland game next week

You're obviously right.

Even though Lambert has said they only trained on Friday and they were nowhere near fit. But obviously, you know better than our manager :)

Didn't Gabby and Delph also have to have a fitness test this afternoon as they were so unsure whether they would make the game?

• Like 1

You're obviously right.

Hilarious gifs and such witty responses. I've no idea why you spend so much time complaining about girl problems in off topic.

Oh... ?

I was referring to the comments in the match thread.

I don't think any of what I said in your quoted post was wrong though.

It didn't happen.. so no need to pick fault with forum members for things they haven't said. 

It didn't happen.. so no need to pick fault with forum members for things they haven't said. 

My point was that had the situation been reversed Clarke would be getting nothing but praise from fans on here for changing the game wheras Lambert is being slated by many for not starting players that weren't fully fit.