Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I blame this fella...

randy-lerner-browns.jpg

I also blame him.

10fucking million net spend...

We've got some potential there and Paul has done wonders to spot talent, but we have gaping holes which needed filling with ready made first teamers.

10m net spent.

**** awful and an insult.

Moving Baker to left back was a stupid **** decision. I'm seeing no improvement.

So who would you have put there instead, Clark? This is a ridiculous criticism.

Lowton?

Getting really sick of this shite. Whats changed from last season? NOTHING. Keep losing, Cant keep a clean sheet. Dropping down the division. New faces but same crap. What the hell is going on? Lambert is deluded if he can honestly keep insisting that this bunch of knobs are unlucky. Bet the rest of the prem are itching to play Villa Nil. They are almost guaranteed to take the points. Spent £50 on a shirt and too embarrassed to wear it. Mrs reckons the Villa Nil players are stupid, no they're not they are getting paid £thousands a week for this garbage. Doubt any team above the 1st div would employ them. Totally useless the whole set up. What a waste of a good pitch. 

The tide is turning against him.

Mike, Den here.

Be reasonable - how can any manager improve a team with 10m net? There is a genuine case for questioning the owner. Lambert has done what he can on a budget which was less than Palace, Southampton, Norwich, Cardiff...!!!

Hi Den

Don't see how I have said anything unreasonable. I am currently in Malaysia on business and watched the game here. Good 1st half but it was terrible to see VP empty yet again ten minutes before the end - the boos were quite subdued but only because high numbers had left The fans are getting pretty sick of it.

PL took the job and I would guess he knew the available budget. Of course he should have had more to spend but he knew what the score was when he came in.

However I simply said the tide is turning. I back him for now but the fans at large fans will not continue to back him if he doesn't start to win at home. I like the vast majority of fans have been incredibly supportive.

I knew there was going to be an overreaction but this is just lol. We deserved to win this game, but the more clinical team won in the end.

We didn't deserve to win. Everton were the better team and also missed chances as well.

I blame this fella...

randy-lerner-browns.jpg

I also blame him.

10fucking million net spend...

We've got some potential there and Paul has done wonders to spot talent, but we have gaping holes which needed filling with ready made first teamers.

10m net spent.

**** awful and an insult.

Don't forget the peanuts that are being offered in wages to entice quality experienced pro's to come and play for us.  The reality is that any player we have signed in the last 2 transfer windows has been a work in progress and years away from being the type of player we need.  No manager is perfect and they all make mistakes but not even giving the manager a chance to sign some experienced quality is just idiotic and is going to end bad for our club if things don't change soon. 

So it's Lerner's fault still and nothing to do with Lambert? Nobody on here knows our budget or Lambert's preferred signings. We can bitch about lack of talent, but the lack of tactics and utilization of the squad is staggering. It's quite obvius though, if we have to take the game on we have absolutely no chance whatsoever. Of course, missing a penalty does not help us or Benteke. How boring are we, I have never felt so bored being a Villa-fan... For some strange reason

I also think it's unfair that anyone who criticises Lambert is attacked for having 'knee-jerk' reactions. He's been here for over a year, it's hardly knee-jerk and just because someone is critical of his management doesn't mean it is 'ridiculous' or an 'over-reaction'.

I don't think he should be sacked but I no longer have much faith in what he's trying to do. I can't see an alternative in terms of who can lead the team but he HAS to sort his tactics out.

Calling for the head of the manager would be the easy option when really all of our problems lie with the chairman and board. It is them who made two absolutely shocking managerial appointments and it is them who are expecting Lambert to operate on an absolutely shoe string budget, a near impossible task in this league.

• Like 3

I knew there was going to be an overreaction but this is just lol. We deserved to win this game, but the more clinical team won in the end.

No we didn't. We were better in the first half and completely impotent in the second. When it was 0-0 and a stalemate, Martinez brought on Osman whilst Lambert just twiddled his thumbs. 

Summer :-

Lambert out - Laudrup in. 

We need manager with ideas, Lambert has none.

So why would Laudrup take what would essentially be a career sidewards step? On top of that he probably has more to work with in terms of budget and wages at Swansea.

The tide is turning against him.

Mike, Den here.

Be reasonable - how can any manager improve a team with 10m net? There is a genuine case for questioning the owner. Lambert has done what he can on a budget which was less than Palace, Southampton, Norwich, Cardiff...!!!

Hi Den

Don't see how I have said anything unreasonable. I am currently in Malaysia on business and watched the game here. Good 1st half but it was terrible to see VP empty yet again ten minutes before the end - the boos were quite subdued but only because high numbers had left The fans are getting pretty sick of it.

PL took the job and I would guess he knew the available budget. Of course he should have had more to spend but he knew what the score was when he came in.

However I simply said the tide is turning. I back him for now but the fans at large fans will not continue to back him if he doesn't start to win at home. I like the vast majority of fans have been incredibly supportive.

Fair play Mike, I presumed you were putting yourself in as one turning on him.

What we do have to remember is that there is not enough backing there (in my eyes we were about 15m off in the summer) to make instant changes. There are a few positions which need better quality, a few who we should have looked at bringing in (PL admitted we had looked at a few attacking mids - we were in fact linked with three) we also need another "strong" midfielder - we wouldn't get him but Tiote is PERFECT, but again we cannot get a good quality player as the backing is not there.

I also think we need somebody who has good pace and can do the Weimann / Gabby role straight away (Tonev might come good, but right now he is the furthest away from being a finished article).

It takes players around 6 months to bed in and even longer in some cases, by the time we have some kind of form we are under pressure near the bottom, we cannot expect miracles from those we have bought, it is not their fault - they are just not first team ready (although Bacuna has been a revelation at right back, which is good to see!)

10m net is not money to move forward and it might just get you to stand still, unfortunately there are a number of clubs who are purchasing players who slot right in and who do improve their teams.

We're now behind even more teams than we were last year, or the year before, or before that.

And what will he do with 10m net?

He had double that to spend this August at Swansea!!!

Edited by dodgyknees

So why would Laudrup take what would essentially be a career sidewards step? On top of that he probably has more to work with in terms of budget and wages at Swansea.

Same reason Lambert did maybe? You think Swansea have a big budget? lol. Even during our period of austerity ours his bigger. The books will back in the green again come summer. 

Perfect chance for Laudrup to come in and work with a proper football club.