Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I don't want a manager who makes brave decisions.

I want one who makes the right decisions.

Not saying that isn't Lambert. Just Saying.

I think they are one and the same thing personally in terms of the decisions he is making generally.

A very simple question for you, given that you clearly don't want Lambert who would you want? And who do you think could do a better job with the resources he is given?

It's not his job to headhunt managers, that's Villa's job. Who thought Swansea would go out and get Michael Laudrup when they were managerless? I bet no fan thought of him yet the club had the ambition and know how to go and get their man.

The thing about our playing style and its perceived direction is that we've had a really tough start. I think our average possession stats for example are skewed by the fact that we've had to play Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal City and Liverpool in our first 8 games.

Lets hope your right. But I just have a horrible feeling that Cardiff at home - might not be that much different to Newcastle at home.

I think they are one and the same thing personally in terms of the decisions he is making generally.

A very simple question for you, given that you clearly don't want Lambert who would you want? And who do you think could do a better job with the resources he is given?

It's not his job to headhunt managers, that's Villa's job. Who thought Swansea would go out and get Michael Laudrup when they were managerless? I bet no fan thought of him yet the club had the ambition and know how to go and get their man.

There was already a structure in place when Laudrup took over. He just had to build on it.

Ah yes. Mr Laudrup who had more to spend on one player than Lambert had for his entire summer spending.

Ah okay, failing to respond yet again and deflecting more than anything.

I have to ask, if you're all about supporting the team and you say that these forums are where you're entitled to your opinion. Why (and if this is beyond guidelines, please flag me and delete etc) did you disappear when things were going swimmingly towards the end of the season?

You're posting frequently through December when things aren't going well and even in March after we started winning, you take a negative slant on that. This is your last post.

There has been a knee jerk and over the top reaction, IMO, of some fans screaming for the manager to go.

We haven't all touched him in a corridor once, Percy.
i met houllier and Mcallister too you know, had different opinions of them. So meeting the bloke has two fifths of feck all to do with it and it is to your discredit that you feel it does to be honest.
As I said I felt the over reaction knee jerk screaming for him to go was wrong and far to premature. I am glad that the las two results have gone our way and that lambert is showing it may be right to have a more long term pragmatic view, in my opinion of course.

Over reaction? We've just won two on the bounce and we're still one place above the relegation zone. That suggests a quite dreadful season so far. I'd say Lambert's got away with it so far. If this was a McLeish side he'd have been hung drawn and quartered by now.

Then we start winning and you're nowhere to be found. Forgive me for assuming, but it seems that unless you have something to moan about, then you're not posting. Again, forgive me for assuming that have obvious dislike for everything to do with the Villa. Your continuous comparison with McLeish is shallow at best and it makes me laugh how you can accuse me of being a 'young fan' (assuming that's implying naivety/lack of knowledge)  

Edited by StefanAVFC

Ah yes. Mr Laudrup who had more to spend on one player than Lambert had for his entire summer spending.

I'd like to think that even with limited resources the Villa would always be a bigger attraction to a manager than Swansea bloody City. Has Lerner sucked every bit of ambition out of this club?

I'd like to think that even with limited resources the Villa would always be a bigger attraction to a manager than Swansea bloody City. Has Lerner sucked every bit of ambition out of this club?

Did I say we weren't? I'm just going to stop replying to you as you seemingly don't actually read what I post.

Did I say we weren't? I'm just going to stop replying to you as you seemingly don't actually read what I post.

Yes it's best you do. It seems if you don't get the reply you want you get all hissy.

What's he supposed to say?

"Westwood, Weimann, and Kozak were shit. Hopefully we stop hoofing it."

It's just manager speak. They all do it

They don't. many are honest and say "We were poor" when that's the truth. Seems to me that provides a better basis for a grown-up discussion with the players about how to improve things. I'd like Lambert to have such a discussion with his defence about how to stop letting in stupid soft goals.

Yes his after match interviews are pretty awful but i rate him as a manager.

Yes it's best you do. It seems if you don't get the reply you want you get all hissy.

jim-head-shake.gif

Read your exchange back and tell me you responded to anything he said.

Has Lerner sucked every bit of ambition out of this club?

Yes.

Sadly I think you're right. Thank god some of us can see through Lerner's 'emperor's new clothes' syndrome.

What he's doing now is the right thing. He gave it a go and it failed miserably. Balancing the books is now more important than spending loads of money. Unfortunately.

The signing of Kovac for £7m

Fair play, I can see you know your stuff.
My god, a spelling mistake!

No, it's a completely different player.

Robert Kovac doesn't play for us. It's a pretty big spelling mistake.

Still, at least Elmohamady is playing well in midfield for us.

• Like 3

Has Lerner sucked every bit of ambition out of this club?

Yes.

Sadly I think you're right. Thank god some of us can see through Lerner's 'emperor's new clothes' syndrome.

I think Lerner has been a very good owner. I am amazed every year how much money he is willing to put into the club.

He tried spending his way to the top and it didnt work. Then he tried to control costs and stabilize in the top half, that didnt work. Now he is trying to reset the squad with a new manager and start building again, this time with a younger squad who can grow with the team. TBD whether that will work but it all seems fairly logical and sound to me.

Honest question and I don't mean this in a nasty, malicious way so please don't take it this way. But, if you think everything is such a shambles, why do you continue to support Villa? You obviously don't get any enjoyment from it so what's the point?

Because once you support a club, you stick with them? Pretty obvious answer.
Well stick with them & get behind them then.Do you think they purposely go out to play badly or to loose?We're no worse than any of the teams around us & better than some. Mid table is an improvement after 3 successive relegation battles-What did people expect? A top 6 finish?

My most hated argument in football. I will continue to simultaneously back the team whilst also making criticisms of things I feel are not being done correctly if that is alright with you.

If you hate any sort negative comment said about the manager, team, owner etc. then might I suggest that a fan forum probably isn't the best place for you.

Honest question and I don't mean this in a nasty, malicious way so please don't take it this way. But, if you think everything is such a shambles, why do you continue to support Villa? You obviously don't get any enjoyment from it so what's the point?

Because once you support a club, you stick with them? Pretty obvious answer.
Well stick with them & get behind them then.Do you think they purposely go out to play badly or to loose?We're no worse than any of the teams around us & better than some. Mid table is an improvement after 3 successive relegation battles-What did people expect? A top 6 finish?
My most hated argument in football. I will continue to simultaneously back the team whilst also making criticisms of things I feel are not being done correctly if that is alright with you.

If you hate any sort negative comment said about the manager, team, owner etc. then might I suggest that a fan forum probably isn't the best place for you.

Trouble is when do you actually back the team?

• Like 2