Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I worry Lambert has no answers for the midfield. Its no good having one of the best strike forces in the premiership if you are running out of ideas how to feed them. Why can we play a quality passing game, out pass Arsenal. Then look like we have no idea how to work together???

Answers on a postcard.....

inconsistent young players

I worry Lambert has no answers for the midfield. Its no good having one of the best strike forces in the premiership if you are running out of ideas how to feed them. Why can we play a quality passing game, out pass Arsenal. Then look like we have no idea how to work together???

But we invested loads this season, so this is not an excuse.

Lambert was an anti-manager today. Bringing on Tonev for Weimann at the 88 minute mark sums up Lambert's day today. Content to be a spectator. Really, really, disappointed with him today.

To be fair Tonev was waiting there around the 80th minute mark but the ball didn't go out of play!

It's not an excuse, it's a matter of fact. You buy young players because they'll grow into your system and become part of a decent team as they progress. The down side is that they're not the finished article, so there'll always be lapses and games where mistakes and lack of confidence cascades through the team. We've decided we're going with youth, so for at least another season or two, there'll be plenty of days like today. It's not a race, and it'll pay off in the end, people just need to have a bit of patience

It's not an excuse, it's a matter of fact. You buy young players because they'll grow into your system and become part of a decent team as they progress. The down side is that they're not the finished article, so there'll always be lapses and games where mistakes and lack of confidence cascades through the team. We've decided we're going with youth, so for at least another season or two, there'll be plenty of days like today. It's not a race, and it'll pay off in the end, people just need to have a bit of patience

Whilst I see your point, we will be cherry picked within the next year to 18 months and so it'll be a case of starting the process again, it will be never-ending.

Whilst I see your point, we will be cherry picked within the next year to 18 months and so it'll be a case of starting the process again, it will be never-ending.

Maybe we will, maybe we won't. If we are, we'll unlikely be letting players go cheap, so if you're trebling your money on everyone you sell, you spend double what they cost on their replacements, and you turn a profit on transfers. If we're as bad as everyone seems to make out after today, I doubt there'll be too many after our players anyway ;)

Ahhhh, so we need to watch shite for another season, maybe 2. Comon be real, we should be a team by now!!

Ahhhh, so we need to watch shite for another season, maybe 2. Comon be real, we should be a team by now!!

We'll have our best talent snapped up by then too. :(

1. MANAGER REACTION - Aston Villa 1-2 Newcastle

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "We never really got going in the first half. Credit to Newcastle on that side. We got back in the game with Christian's [benteke] goal. The second goal was a poor goal to concede. You pick yourselves up when you go behind and go again. We gave it a right go but you can't start the way we did."

2. Usual response.

We should be a real team after 13 months, given that Lambert has had to bring in literally an entire new squad, and followed Alex McLeish?

Our defence still has question marks for me.. with Okore it seemed more "solid" but there is still this panic unsettled feel about it even when they aren't under pressure.. can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly.

Midfield is another worry too, no right balance to it at all.

Upfront we have potentially one of the best strikeforce in the league.

I'm confused as to why there doesn't seem to be any attempt to change the way we play at home. If we play our high tempo counter attack game every single week home and away, we are always going to struggle, it's so easy for teams to come here and nullify it. I bet every manager has a laugh about it.

It's something we've suffered from for years now, I thought we'd at least start to see a change as we have players like Westwood/KEA who can control tempo and keep possession. It was absolutely criminal how much space and possession we gave Liverpool to play and it wasn't too dissimilar today, it's perplexing to say the least and by far my biggest criticism of Lambert. 

• Like 1

That team should not have lost today. It has quality all over and yet we had one shot in the first half and failed to make any real chances other than Gabby's and Clarke's, it is missing something. Following this team ruins my weekends.

To beat Aston Villa (or any Lambert team).

Step 1: Mark Benteke out the game.

Step 2: If this is not working, mark the second an third striker to avoid all goal attempts.

Step 3: Send your strikers up top to win the game and make yourself look like a tactical genius.....