Formula One - 2013

BOF

Webber can see it ....just hes in no real position to demand anything as hes on the way out 

Was soooo hoping he'd catch Vettel in the last 10 laps. I reckon he would have done him over and put them both into the wall.

Great drive from Lewis and a fantastic final stint from Kimi on those tyres.

Kimi is a better driver than Vettel and I think it showed - given better tyres, a faster car and ten laps to do it in, Vettl managed one attempt to get by him and moaned to his put lane when Kimi didn't just give it up. If those two had been in the other cars, I can't help but feel that Raikonnen would have been through without too much fuss.

Be great to see those two in the same car next season at Red Bull. A client of mine does a lot of the PR for Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi and worked at the Ferrari F1 team at the same time as Kimi, and previously with Schuey too. He rates Raikonnen as the best driver he's seen on the track, as well as being an amazing asset in the development, set-up and testing of the vehicle.

They asked Vettel today if he'd welcome Alonso as a team mate next season and he said he'd prefer Raikonnen.

Vettel has just said on the podium he told Kimi he had squeezed him out and Kimi just laughed at him :clap::crylaugh:

Thought it was pretty pathetic when Vettel radio'd that he hadn't been given enough room. Utter bollocks and desperation from Seb. He had absolutely no right to be given any room there.

Worth asking the question? Maybe. But as Brundle alluded to, it wasn't even worth wasting Charlie's time on.

Interesting news concerning who will get the seat at Red Bull next season. 

If Alonso doesnt get the ride you would assume that he will sit pretty at Ferrari as he isnt going to improve his chances anywhere else really.

If Kimi doesnt get it and say Alonso does would he consider a return to Ferrari as improving his chances or not.

I would be surprised if its not one of those two who got the seat at Red Bull.

I don't think it's OTT to say that was the best Hungarian Grand Prix I've ever watched. Usually it's a procession but that was far from it. Made better by having several genuinely competitive cars that were all quick in phases. Great driving from all the front runners except Grosjean who just tweaked his 'apology template.doc' afterwards and printed out a few copies as per the norm.

If Kimi or Alonso went to Red Bull would they be given same treatment as Vettel and allowed to race? If all was even id expect either of them to beat him as they are better drivers maybe so is Hamilton 

Yes they would get equal billing. Webber had equal billing for a long time too until it became painfully clear he couldn't live with the youngster - and on the rare occasions where they're on the same piece of track they're allowed to race until after 2nd pitstop (whether they abide by that is another thing).

I'd be surprised if Alonso went there tbh because he, more than anyone, wants his own preferential treatment, whereas I get the impression Kimi couldn't give a **** as long he's not playing second fiddle himself. I also don't think Vettel would particularly care.

Adrian Sutil: I've lost all respect for Lewis Hamilton

Adrian Sutil: I've lost all respect for Lewis Hamilton

Adrian Sutil has admitted to losing all respect for Lewis Hamilton as a person. Ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix in May, Hamilton had suggested he and Sutil would get together to patch up their differences that arose in the wake of the 2011 race in China.

lewis-hamilton_2637647b.jpg

Sutil was involved in an incident in a Shanghai nightclub following Hamilton's victory in that year's Chinese Grand Prix.

The 30-year-old German had hoped Hamilton would serve as a witness in the trial that followed, but such an appearance never materialised.

Sutil was ultimately convicted of causing grievous bodily harm for assaulting Lotus executive Eric Lux with a champagne glass, incurring an 18-month suspended sentence and a £167,000 fine.

With Sutil returning to Formula One this year with Force India after sitting out last season, Hamilton had suggested in Monaco he wanted "to make sure we get things right".

Asked by GP Week whether he and Hamilton had yet to discuss their situation, Sutil said: "No, no. For some reason he never contacted me again.

"He always said he is my friend but he wishes to suddenly disappear, he changed his number.

"I saw him in the paddock and he always said 'yeah, we can sit down and talk about it', but he never arrived.

"So these kind of people I don't really respect. I respect him as a sportsman here, but in private he's not on my level and I don't need to waste time with those people.

"I'm happy I realised what kind of a person he is.

"I have good friends, people I can learn from and this is the most important. I'm happy that I found out earlier rather than later.

"On the circuit, this is business. He's a great racing driver but we haven't really spoken about it."

But that's what I don't get. He was pissed off with Hamilton for not backing him up when he said he would and now he's pissed off because they haven't kissed and made up. If I were Sutil, I wouldn't want anything more to do with Hamilton (and if I were Hamilton then I'd be super rich so I could buy more friends anyway). ;)

Edited by choffer

But that's what I don't get. He was pissed off with Hamilton for not backing him up when he said he would and now he's pissed off because they haven't kissed and made up. If I were Sutil, I wouldn't want anything more to do with Hamilton (and if I were Hamilton then I'd be super rich so I could buy more friends anyway). ;)

I don't think he wanted to kiss and make up. I got the impression he wanted to sit him down and ask him why he hadn't followed through on being a witness for him.

Anyway, Lewis has always struck me as being a bit of a dick. So I'm not hugely surprised.

I would assume multi-millionaire Lewis Hamilton doesn't give two shits about being liked in the paddock. 

If anything he would use it as motivation to beat people. It used to work for me. During my burgeoning Village Cricket bowling career I would regularly take random extreme dislike to people. I once felt the need to bowl chin high bouncers at the vicar from the next village because he had a beard like a sex offender. (I know!) 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â