Gaming 2013

hogso

Is anyone in the world genuinely excited about the announcement of the same game Activision have put out since 2007 anymore?

Rumours are it's going to be running on a new engine. Whether that's just next-gen or not remains to be seen. But personally, no, I really couldn't care less about a game than COD. And i'm nostly into FPS games.

What is interesting though, is that the latest rumours on Respawn's next game (old Infinity Ward members) is apparently going to be Xbox only, even though it's an EA game which I find a little strange. Do EA usually do exclusive titles?

Here's a little more, as stated, it's only rumour.

The long-awaited first game from Respawn Entertainment—the studio helmed by the creators of Call of Duty—will be exclusive to the next-gen Xbox, according to two unrelated sources familiar with the game. One of our sources indicates that there will also be an Xbox 360 version, but no versions for rival PlayStation and Nintendo consoles.

Oh, you didn't think the console wars were over, did you?

The new game from Respawn is a futuristic multiplayer-centric online shooter, one of our sources says. The source describes the game as a battle of Davids and Goliaths. The Davids are heavily-armed foot soldiers. The Goliaths are the giant exosekeltons—Titans—that these soldiers can pilot. These Titans are big mech-style walkers that move with an agility not seen in games like Mechwarrior or Steel Battalions.

While the details of the game came to us from one source—a source who is in a good position to know what the deal is with Respawn's game—their assertion that the game is destined only for Microsoft console hardware was consistent with information another source gave us earlier this month. That other source had also told us that Respawn's game would only be for the Xbox brand. It is possible that the game could be a timed exclusive, but neither source indicated that was the case.

An Xbox-only Respawn game would be a coup for Microsoft and a fascinating twist to a number of significant sagas. It has implications for publisher EA's rivalry with Call of Duty publisher Activision; for Microsoft's competition with Sony and, less directly with Nintendo; as well as for the ongoing debate about always-online gaming. Two sources have told us that this new game is, in fact, always-online.

The new Respawn game, one of our sources tells us, is made on a modified version of Valve's Source engine, not on internal EA tech. The source believes the game looks very good on Durango but not as good as EA's internally-made Battlefield 4. That source also says that Respawn is only working on the Durango version of the game and is hand-picking a studio to make the 360 edition.

source: kotaku

Edited by PieFacE

I thought you was a fan, for some reason. The idea seems interesting, was it not executed very well? The reviews I saw last year of it were largely positive and looked like something that would interest me.

It's dull and frustrating. It has 2 tricks - one is the rotating thing which immediately makes every puzzle a matter of pressing the triggers until the puzzle is obvious.

As a platformer its nothing special at all, and seeking out the collectibles is made hideously annoying thanks to an absolutely incomprehensible map.

Its second trick's horse has bolted, and was very much a pretentious zeitgeist thing. Its a critic darling, nothing more. Had it been made by an established developer, everyone would have nodded politely, pointed out the flaws and never cared again.

EA have got the Star Wars license - opens up a number of possibilities, chief amongst them Battlefront 3 by DICE, and another Old Republic game from Bioware.

Sims 4 has also been announced for next year. I duno. Anyone play them? I played the PS2 version of one of them, and that's it.

Some great deals on PS store at the moment. All gta's half price. Gta IV Complete edition is £12. Best of all, Ni No Kuni is only £20. Everything's even cheaper if you have PS+.

Anyone getting Metro Last Light?

It's €49.99 per-ordered on Steam. A bit too much, I thought, though I loved the first one so I might not be able to resist.

Also, they are pissing fans off by limiting the game to normal difficulty and charging an extra €5 for the ranger mode (unless you pre-order) and at the same time commenting that ranger mode is the way the game should be played.

Well, maybe this time people vote with their wallets. I just don't hope it hurts this developer too much, cos in my opinion it's a unique game. It was orginally a THQ-title, but it was sold to Deep Silver after the THQ went bankrupt.

Have gamers wised up on pre-ordering after the latest fiascoes? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like Lovefilm have cancelled game rentals - anyone ever use them for that? Was just DVDs for me, so it won't affect me

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â