The Shay Given thread

RotaxMax125

we are lucky to have such great goalkeepers at the club. Whoever Sherwood picks will do a great job. I hope Guzan keeps his place as he is our long term option. I am just happy that Guzan may be feeling a bit of pressure from Given (especially as Sherwood seems to rate Given) as IMO he has been below his best this season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Now that all this nonsense about Given playing instead of Guzan has been put to bed, it will be interesting to see if Given retains his place on Saturday.

Sherwood has said he isn't going to play a weakened team, so I wonder if he's including Given in that.

FWIW I think he probably will play Given, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he didn't.

West Brom's only threat yesterday came from set plays so that would be a worry, Pulis will tell them to crowd round Given so I don't expect a clean sheet.

No issue with him starting though based on his Leicester peformance.

I kind of hope he picks Guzan now, instead of just for the final (I'm not saying we are definitely getting to the final) like last time with Friedel and Guzan.

what has given done to deserve being benched....

i say play given as far as we go, guzan in the league, why rock the boat

He did have a couple of shaky moments though coming off his line. One particular one in the first half where Clark had to give away a corner as a result and was absolutely furious with Shay

I would like to see Guzan play the final if we get there. He has deserved it and it will probably be his only chance of playing in a final of a major competition. It really is a horrible situation to be in, because Given hasn't put a foot wrong.

I think Given's got us this far, I'd be disappointed if we took it off of him in the last two games.

He's done a great job so far for us and I have no reason to believe Guzan could have done any better. It's not to say I prefer Given over Guzan, because I love the Goose, but he's done a great job so far, let's let him finish what he started. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â