The Shay Given thread

RotaxMax125

Given is a better shot stopper. Guzan is better at commanding his area and collecting crosses. Guzan has been disappointing for me this season. (who hasnt though..)

I would pick Given on form but long term its obviously Guzan.. do you maybe pick Given for a little while till he drops form and risk upsetting Guzan? 

Tough call. Not as clear cut as some may believe. 

Edited by KSV

Given is a better shot stopper. Guzan is better at commanding his area and collecting crosses. Guzan has been disappointing for me this season. (who hasnt though..)

I would pick Given on form but long term its obviously Guzan.. do you maybe pick Given for a little while till he drops form and risk upsetting Guzan? 

It's not a remotely tough call. Given isn't fit to lace Guzan's boots

• Like 1

Guzan is not in good form.. so yes i disagree with you.

Nor is Given.

Given has had one game where he made one excellent save.

He didn't really have anything else to do.

You can't claim that as good form.

I love Given. I've been one of his hardest supporters on here. I've defended him a lot, for example when people blamed the Bradford defeat on him, which is ludicrous.

But he's not better than Guzan, and one save doesn't change that.

Nor is Given.

Given has had one game where he made one excellent save.

He didn't really have anything else to do.

You can't claim that as good form.

I love Given. I've been one of his hardest supporters on here. I've defended him a lot, for example when people blamed the Bradford defeat on him, which is ludicrous.

But he's not better than Guzan, and one save doesn't change that.

Agree with that although I dont think Guzan has had his best year season compared to previous ones

Would it be that crazy? Would certainly make every player realise straight away that they're all starting from fresh with the new manager and that performing keeps you in the team.

Wouldn't be the worst mindset for the players to be in for the next 13 games.

Would it be that crazy? Would certainly make every player realise straight away that they're all starting from fresh with the new manager and that performing keeps you in the team.

Wouldn't be the worst mindset for the players to be in for the next 13 games.

Good point but Guzan didn't play because it was a cup game. It would be unfair to continue with Given when the only reason Guzan didn't play is because of rotation, not form or injury.

Also, Guzan is a lot better.

Edited by sexbelowsound

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â