Doctor Who

mikeyp102

Czechlad just seen your comment, I don't agree really. Let's not forget that Clara jumped into the doctor's timeline, that's pretty ballsy. Yes Amy was a bit more brash but she had her weak parts in that she needed Rory there to support her.

This weeks episode was getting better. And Clara oh my days she looked fantastic.

Have to ask this question as to be honest i've been more disappointed than not with this series, but is Capaldi actually any good as the Doctor?

I'm still undecided. He is very different to the last couple of incarnations (not that, that is a bad thing).

This has been the best run of episodes since the stuff with Simm as the Master (the first time) imo. The only episode I haven't really taken too was the Robin Hood one.

I think Capaldi has smashed it tbh, infinitely better than Smith (although he did have to cope with the drag factor of the awful Amy **** Pond so that wouldn't have helped) and more depth and gravitas than Tennant ever had.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Czechlad just seen your comment, I don't agree really. Let's not forget that Clara jumped into the doctor's timeline, that's pretty ballsy. Yes Amy was a bit more brash but she had her weak parts in that she needed Rory there to support her.

This weeks episode was getting better. And Clara oh my days she looked fantastic.

Sorry I was referring to Clara this series. I actually really liked her and Matt Smith together which makes sense because she was brought on to be his companion. Clara this season has been whiny and just another character, not really a companion. Although last week's episode was quite good. Clara seemed to changed which might bode well for the future episodes. 

Capaldi just gets better and better and is starting to lose some of the Tuckerisms that bothered me in the first few episodes. 

Clara is stunning and I'm ok with a totally helpless companion given that the Dr has always had a variety of companions, be it kick arse, useless, ballsy or whatever. I don't think she's the idea fit for Capaldi but very good. 

Amy Pond was a brilliant companion for the first series up to an including the Pandorica - but it really should have ended there. 

Yeah was a good episode, the doctor has taken a step back recently and Clara has taken more of lead and it works out well.. I'm going to miss series end though which will be a shame to see the Missy element unravel (going travelling which is far more exciting though).

Interesting concept, I think...

The next season (9) will have more to do with Gallifrey too, or so I am told. To be expected I guess. I don't mean as it was in the classics, just more of the 'going home' thing.

I haven't watched last weeks episode yet, but I had it spoiled by the Doctor Who twitter. Those bastards immediately posted who Missy was right after the episode aired. I was out with the girlfriend! 

It's not like I didn't expect that to be the case, but that was still very cruel of them!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â