2013 VT Deadpool

TrentVilla

Not on the list, but as The Wire thread got nuked and it's not really worth starting a new thread over, I'll drop it here:

rWGcCgS.png

Robert F Chew, who played the wonderful Prop Joe died of a heart attack in his sleep this week aged just 52. :(

A heart attack? So in a way it was cheese that did for him in the end.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ali's brother has come out and said 'He's in a bad way. He's very sick, It could be months, it could be days. I don't know if he'll last the summer."

which of course has headlines everywhere saying he's days away from dying :(

Damnit, the one thing I might win is something I don't want to win!

Ali looks very frail. He is 71 though, he has had a good innings.

71 isn't really that old these, but having your head hit by the human equilivant of sledgehammers (less than but still), plu with his illness, may take an effect

It's not what you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.  Ali did more in his first 40 years than most of us could ever manage in three lifetimes.  Not just an icon of a sport, or a place or even a decade, I think he is one of the defining people of the 20th century. The greatest. 

Ali looks very frail. He is 71 though, he has had a good innings.

71 isn't really that old these, but having your head hit by the human equilivant of sledgehammers (less than but still), plu with his illness, may take an effect

It's not what you've got, it's what you do with it that counts. Ali did more in his first 40 years than most of us could ever manage in three lifetimes. Not just an icon of a sport, or a place or even a decade, I think he is one of the defining people of the 20th century. The greatest.

You'll find no argument from me about Ali's greatness, merely saying that in this day and age with medical advancements 71 isn't that old

I am ignorant of Boxing. Im aware Ali was apparently a very good boxer but why all the superlatives? Is it a race thing?

He was a boxer who could string more than two words together. 

Can't now, though. 

Sorry and all, but I hate boxing. 

I am ignorant of Boxing. Im aware Ali was apparently a very good boxer but why all the superlatives? Is it a race thing?

Its down to a couple of things. He was an incredible boxer, basically had everything and a flamboyance with it, where other boxers ducked and weaved he did it with style and flair and arrogance.

But he was also able to create a mythos. Outside of the ring he got embroiled in controversy, he was able to sell himself better than anyone has ever been able to and he basically elevated himself beyond simply an incredible boxer into a legendary figure. He had the talent by the bucket but he also had the personality and the mythos, ultimately, to make himself more than that.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â