U.S. Politics

maqroll

14 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Schumer claims there are 10/12 Republicans who want to hear witnesses and Turtle head McConnell has admitted he doesn't have the votes.

Things will get interesting if Bolton is called in to testify.

So he claims.

I don’t think the republicans are going to break ranks. They want to wrap this up and claim the democrats wasted time

This utter moron is his lawyer, apparently.

One of Trump’s lawyers, Alan Dershowitz, made the controversial argument that the president’s request for Ukraine to investigate Democrats was in the public interest because Trump considered his reelection to be in the public interest. Many commentators responded by pointing out that such logic could justify nearly any action carried out by a sitting president.

I've heard stronger and more intellectually rigorous arguments from three-year-olds, admittedly not on the same issue.

Dershowitz was friends with Epstein, (as was Trump.)

Part of me thinks the establishment (Dem & Rep) wants to keep Trump there because if he's ousted he might go rogue. It's entirely possible that he has dirt on lots of powerful folks and he's unhinged enough to blab about it. His cult following (sorry I mean base) are unhinged enough to believe anything he says.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

As slimy as they come, and maybe even a pedo

Maybe? He decided to defend one and helped get him a ridiculously light sentence.

When Jeffrey Epstein found out in 2005 that he was being investigated by police for the sexual abuse of underage girls, he called Alan Dershowitz.

A Harvard Law School professor and high-profile defense lawyer, Dershowitz helped negotiate a “non-prosecution agreement” under which Epstein served just 13 months in a county jail, much of it spent on “work release” in an office.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/7/30/20746983/alan-dershowitz-jeffrey-epstein-sarah-ransome-giuffre

How is this legal at all: Rand Paul writes down a question with the alleged whistleblower's full name mentioned, and hands it to the judge to be read aloud. Judge thankfully refuses since it contains confidential information, so Rand Paul proceeds to just tweet his question instead with the name listed. 

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

How is this legal at all: Rand Paul writes down a question with the alleged whistleblower's full name mentioned, and hands it to the judge to be read aloud. Judge thankfully refuses since it contains confidential information, so Rand Paul proceeds to just tweet his question instead with the name listed. 

What whistleblower? 😂

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Paul's strings are being pulled by Trump and/or Putin. 

He is trashing the Senate with this stunt, such an abhorrent character. Kentucky has given us two absolute words removed from Hell.

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

Paul's strings are being pulled by Trump and/or Putin. 

He is trashing the Senate with this stunt, such an abhorrent character. Kentucky has given us two absolute words removed from Hell.

Compare his question to the question that actually got asked by Roberts and which Shiff answered. Identical, except the accepted multi-senator(R) endorsed question didn't explicitly name the publicly known name of the whistleblower.

Kabuki theatre.

This statement just sums up the whole R party.

“It was inappropriate for the president to ask a foreign leader to investigate his political opponent and to withhold United States aid to encourage that investigation. When elected officials inappropriately interfere with such investigations, it undermines the principle of equal justice under the law. But the Constitution does not give the Senate the power to remove the president from office and ban him from this year’s ballot simply for actions that are inappropriate.

https://www.alexander.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=PressReleases&id=AA7E4960-6788-43A9-AF03-5DC456A0D448

Trump can do whatever he wants, and the people will decide whether what he did was bad enough.

The heavily manipulated, gerrymandered and brainwashed people.

And anyway, I thought Trump didn't do it? I thought the whistleblower was a fraud? I thought it was a perfect phone call?

Nah, the defence is now 'he did it, but whatever'.

Edited by StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

This statement just sums up the whole R party.

https://www.alexander.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=PressReleases&id=AA7E4960-6788-43A9-AF03-5DC456A0D448

Trump can do whatever he wants, and the people will decide whether what he did was bad enough.

The heavily manipulated, gerrymandered and brainwashed people.

And anyway, I thought Trump didn't do it? I thought the whistleblower was a fraud? I thought it was a perfect phone call?

Nah, the defence is now 'he did it, but whatever'.

The Imperial presidency must not be imperiled!

Victory for Trump day incoming.

Huge thanks to Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi, without whose hard work and dedication, none of this would have been possible!

Edited by villakram
that's VT day just so we all can feel happy...
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â