U.S. Politics

maqroll

59 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The problem is how do you get rid of him?

I'm not sure what you have to do to get impeached nowadays - the last President got caught bugging the  German chancellor, and not even for political reasons, he got caught bugging her in order to give US corporations a competitive advantage - the one before that got caught lying through his teeth in order to "reform" the economy of Iraq and killed a million people in the process; nothing. It seems it's almost impossible to impeach a President for anything in the political sphere and I don't think he's dumb enough to get into a personal position that'll see him off.

So, unless his heart packs up, I think he's here for four years.

Heart attack it is, then. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The problem is how do you get rid of him?

I'm not sure what you have to do to get impeached nowadays - the last President got caught bugging the  German chancellor, and not even for political reasons, he got caught bugging her in order to give US corporations a competitive advantage - the one before that got caught lying through his teeth in order to "reform" the economy of Iraq and killed a million people in the process; nothing. It seems it's almost impossible to impeach a President for anything in the political sphere and I don't think he's dumb enough to get into a personal position that'll see him off.

So, unless his heart packs up, I think he's here for four years.

The 25th Amendment 

The amendment is so ambiguously worded it could be used to remove him at any time (it was drafted to legislate removing a president who was unable to perform the role any longer, presumably for health or scandal reasons, but it's ambiguous enough to justify removing them for more or less anything).

The only thing standing in the way is the requirement of the Republican party to do something good, that would also simultaneously acknowledge they were part of a shambles and would have 'will of the people' ramifications.

26 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a "terrorist attack" in the US performed by someone from the seven banned countries.

Nor would I.

I wouldn't be surprised, too, if it were someone who had otherwise had their visa revoked last week and had rushed in like a 'bad dude' in this interim period since the 'so-called judge' had the temerity to question the wisdom of the President.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is getting ridiculous. He's basically inciting anger against judges doing their job.

Why does he talk like that :lol: 

I was thinking earlier about how Donald Trump is actually POTUS. Like it actually sank in. The dude from The Apprentice is actually the president. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a "terrorist attack" in the US performed by someone from the seven banned countries.

Nailed on certainty. The burning of the Reichstag. 

In terms of how long he lasts, I expect him to not only last his full term but to win another one as well. If he implements the economic pledges he campaigned on - reducing taxes, onshoring profits and jobs and big spending on infrastructure - his government will have a short-to-medium-term stimulative impact on the economy. I think most voters look in their bank accounts at the end of 4 years and realise Trump has been pretty good for their personal finances to be honest.

I'm pretty sure he's not gonna last the 4 years. Too many potential crimes and misdemeanors. He's making too many enemies, and he's only 2 weeks in. Unless his sponsor in the Kremlin works some more magic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm pretty sure he's not gonna last the 4 years. Too many potential crimes and misdemeanors. He's making too many enemies, and he's only 2 weeks in. Unless his sponsor in the Kremlin works some more magic.

The odds aren't terrible, I guess . . . out of 44 previous presidents, 4 died of natural causes in office, 4 were assassinated and 1 resigned. That's about 20% who didn't make it through, though none in the last 35 years. 

I'd still take the other side of your bet. 

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So it turns out Trump didn't know or 'was not briefed' on the executive order that put Bannon on the NSC. You literally can't make it up :lol:

FAKE NEWS.

The president couldn't possibly be signing things he doesn't understand.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

An hour before the Tweets, Fox showed the SNL clip with Bannon/Trump, showed TIME cover with Bannon and discussed Bannon calling the shots. He then tweets angrily that he's calling the shots.

He's an angry old man shouting at the news. The president is Abe Simpson.

The president is the archetypical Fox news viewer. Old, white, angry and incredibly misinformed. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The president is the archetypical Fox news viewer. Old, white, angry and incredibly misinformed. 

The president is Donald Trump.

I mean... what the actual **** has the World come to here.  The president is Donald Trump.

President Trump.  :unsure:

• Like 2

Â