U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Just shows that Brexit means cutting through all that red tape 

I'm never sure if you're joking, or saying what Brexiters actually believe. I'm going to try and give you the benefit of the doubt. :P 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Just so we're clear, Arj and Ruge, what is your solution to this problem of Islam's intolerance. Any ideas short of closing the borders to muslims in their entirity?

If I knew the answers mate I'd tell you. I've never once said a complete ban on Muslims.

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Suicide bombing? Decapitations? Kidnap, rape, torture and enslavement of people of other faiths? No? 

There's not even a remote comparison between the verbal bile of Christian extremists in the US and the daily slaughter and mayhem carried out around the world by Muslim extremists. 

There are checks and balances in place in the US to keep the Christian extremists in line, that will probably be slowly eroded away mind you. Drop them in lawless Yemen or Afghanistan and you'll probably see something similar...for example, the CAR which is probably the worst of the lot.

Like @limpid said, it's simply cultural bias to say one is significantly worse or better than the other when they're 99% the same. A whole host of geopolitical and other circumstances explain the difference in actions among the followers.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Actually have a read of some sources that aren't the Mail and educate yourself. You come across a petty, ignorant racist.

MUSLIMS are the biggest VICTIMS of terrorism.

I know they are which is crazy but not surprising given the savagery of certain groups and governments. 

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I know they are which is crazy but not surprising given the savagery of certain groups and governments. 

But you literally just said "Muslims being victims is hugely overplayed"

Which is it? Are they the biggest victims of terrorism or is the "Muslims are victims" narrative overplayed?

No comment on the far-right terrorist who killed 6 Muslims 2 days ago?

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

But you literally just said "Muslims being victims is hugely overblown"

Which is it? Are they the biggest victims of terrorism or is the "Muslims are victims" narrative overblown?

No comment on the far-right terrorist who killed 6 Muslims 2 days ago?

I meant  in the west. yes it's disgraceful and I condemn it. I'm not asking for violence against Muslims because I'm not a white supremacist.

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I meant  in the west. yes it's disgraceful and I condemn it. I'm not asking for violence against Muslims because I'm not a white supremacist.

Right, because wishing for violence against Muslims is the only way you can be a white supremacist.

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

So the west is not tolerant? 

Clearly not, considering the leader of the West appointed a xenophobic misogynist into office.

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

So the west is not tolerant? 

You're missing the point, it is relatively tolerant (though it is getting increasingly intolerant, thanks in no small part to the type of rhetoric you've been displaying in here and the election of a certain Mr. Trump) but if Muslims are getting massacred like that out here, how can you say they're not victims at all when they face that but tenfold in the middle East?

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You're missing the point, it is relatively tolerant (though it is getting increasingly intolerant, thanks in no small part to the type of rhetoric you've been displaying in here and the election of a certain Mr. Trump) but if Muslims are getting massacred like that out here, how can you say they're not victims at all when they face that but tenfold in the middle East?

I know Muslims are targeted much more in the Middle East but so is everyone. There was an attack the other day which I completely go against but as a whole we are tolerant and things will remain that way. Everyone is jumping the gun about how they think things will end up. As a whole Islam is not a tolerant religion. Studies have proven this or is that all anti Muslim propoganda. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

I know Muslims are targeted much more in the Middle East but so is everyone. 

Really? This is your response? By the same logic,

"Yes Jews were killed in the holocaust but so were other groups!!!"

As a whole Islam is not a tolerant religion. 

As a whole, neither is Christianity. Look at the rabid Christians in America.

Studies have proven this or is that all anti Muslim propoganda. 

Link?

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm never sure if you're joking, or saying what Brexiters actually believe. I'm going to try and give you the benefit of the doubt. :P 

Sometimes I like to leave the smiley off the post and keep you all guessing :) 

• Like 4

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

I know Muslims are targeted much more in the Middle East but so is everyone. There was an attack the other day which I completely go against but as a whole we are tolerant and things will remain that way. Everyone is jumping the gun about how they think things will end up. As a whole Islam is not a tolerant religion. Studies have proven this or is that all anti Muslim propoganda. 

I'm not sure what the metrics are for what makes a tolerant religion that these studies proved but I'll take your word for it. The point wasn't that Islam is not intolerant but that it's no more or less intolerant than the Christianity that you have an odd reverence for. They're pretty much the same.

Just now, Keyblade said:

I'm not sure what the metrics are for what makes a tolerant religion that these studies proved but I'll take your word for it. The point wasn't that Islam is not intolerant but that it's no more or less intolerant than the Christianity that you have an odd reverence for. They're pretty much the same.

How can you compare the two.

46 minutes ago, Awol said:

Suicide bombing? Decapitations? Kidnap, rape, torture and enslavement of people of other faiths? No? 

There's not even a remote comparison between the verbal bile of Christian extremists in the US and the daily slaughter and mayhem carried out around the world by Muslim extremists. 

Read the context.

I was answering Ruge's question about "troublesome". I find Christian extremism in America every bit as troubling as Islamic extremism.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â