U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well it's not the same. I never voted him in but I'm glad he got in over Hilary.

Your right it's not the same, suspicion is arguably worse. Hate is one thing, but treating someone like a perpetual fifth column is dangerous as history has shown time and again.

"But Saudi Arabia" is a huge false dichotomy. Also textbook whataboutism.

Like it or not, us, Europe, the States, Australia etc make up 'the Western world'. When Trump enacts dictator-style policy, we react more strongly to it because it's closer to home.

The last State Visit (this is important) was in 2007, and they were protested. Not with the same enthusiasm as Trump, but that's easily explained by reasons above. People also protested last year due to Saudi actions.

But to be honest, RV, you're just moving from point to point without answering any questions.

I asked you questions about Hillary Clinton a few pages back and I still haven't got an answer. I'm still yet to believe you're not a white supremacist either when you're using terms such as 'invasion of Europe'. You say these views are more common than I think, then I'm worried. I really am.

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Protests all over uk. Where are these protests  when the Saudis visit? Where is the outrage from VT when the Saudis arrive  over here. 

Your point?

Where is your outrage when any number of horrendous things happen worldwide every day? Where is your condemnation?

Trump doesn't get a free ride because other bad people and things don't get the headlines.

The man's a moronic, evil puppet of a modern Nazi, shitting on his nations constitution, and making a mockery of Western ideals globally.

I'm **** glad people are outraged.

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

Why? Christianity is every bit as horrible as Islam. Christian extremists are every bit as bad as Islamic extremists.

You're letting your cultural biases show.

Extreme religion in any forms is evil. Only problem is it's much more widespread in Islam . Islam is by far the most troublesome religion in the world. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Extreme religion in any forms is evil. Only problem is it's much more widespread in Islam . Islam is by far the most troublesome religion in the world. 

Really? Have you seen what's happening in America?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is one of the very few posts you've ever made on a political topic that I'll (partially) agree with. :P 

There was nowhere near enough outrage when that bunch of human rights-abusing peices of shit came over here, or when we do deals with them.

Having said that, a failure to protest about one wrong thing doesn't mean that we should just ignore another. Trump gets more attention because it's a new development. Saudi Arabia is a backwards hellhole. It has been for a very long time, and they're not very likely to change. America, for all its faults, is generally fairly similar to us (apart from all of the gun murders, occasional gang warfare, and the superiority complex ;)). Seeing the far right gaining power and then being given a platform in the UK is bound to piss people off more than Saudi Arabia maintaining their status quo.

So because they are not likely to change they get a free pass?

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Even if it's only 9 and not 109 it makes no difference then? 

If it was one it would be horrifying.

Detaining legal immigrants at the airport because of where they are from, based on an EO being signed when they're in the air is **** disgraceful.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Really? Have you seen what's happening in America?

Suicide bombing? Decapitations? Kidnap, rape, torture and enslavement of people of other faiths? No? 

There's not even a remote comparison between the verbal bile of Christian extremists in the US and the daily slaughter and mayhem carried out around the world by Muslim extremists. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There are a lot of people who feel this way. People are fed up, look what's happening in the UK,US,Europe, the people are speaking. The west is moving to the right to save itself.

I agree with you Ruge.

The main reason is the ignorance from most liberals towards Islam. They prefer to see Islam as a exotic alternative to Christianity and to ignore the political side, the 'true & last word of god' and other aspects of Islam. They think that Islam can change as a whole to a more moderate dogma, like Christianity did, and they think that they can achieve that by being tolerant against intolerant beliefs merely by claiming that nearly every criticism of the faith is islamophobic and by saying that some of their intolerant beliefs are a part of their culture (cultural relativism), which is exactly the opposite of the essence of liberalism. They feel like they need to protect the believers of Islam and these people will then become grateful and more open to the western society.This has lead to a completely rigged view of Islam as a purely peaceful religion and most liberals became more scared to be called xenophobes themselves when they really need to have criticism. At its core Islam supports the killing of gays,  the oppression of women, and is against all our liberal values freedom of speech, freedom of religion etc. But it's trump that is the threat to liberal values? Some mental gymnastics going on in this thread.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

"But Saudi Arabia" is a huge false dichotomy. Also textbook whataboutism.

Like it or not, us, Europe, the States, Australia etc make up 'the Western world'. When Trump enacts dictator-style policy, we react more strongly to it because it's closer to home.

The last State Visit (this is important) was in 2007, and they were protested. Not with the same enthusiasm as Trump, but that's easily explained by reasons above. People also protested last year due to Saudi actions.

But to be honest, RV, you're just moving from point to point without answering any questions.

I asked you questions about Hillary Clinton a few pages back and I still haven't got an answer. I'm still yet to believe you're not a white supremacist either when you're using terms such as 'invasion of Europe'. You say these views are more common than I think, then I'm worried. I really am.

Not so keen to rant about anything else apart from our own axes of evil. She was the liberals vote and the way all them lovely celebrities were cosying up to her was enough to make you puke. So I'm a white supremacist   :D

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Suicide bombing? Decapitations? Kidnap, rape, torture and enslavement of people of other faiths? No? 

There's not even a remote comparison between the verbal bile of Christian extremists in the US and the daily slaughter and mayhem carried out around the world by Muslim extremists. 

Only a blind man could not spot the difference between the two but somehow our evils are on par with the savages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arj Guy said:

I agree with you Ruge.

The main reason is the ignorance from most liberals towards Islam. They prefer to see Islam as a exotic alternative to Christianity and to ignore the political side, the 'true & last word of god' and other aspects of Islam. They think that Islam can change as a whole to a more moderate dogma, like Christianity did, and they think that they can achieve that by being tolerant against intolerant beliefs merely by claiming that nearly every criticism of the faith is islamophobic and by saying that some of their intolerant beliefs are a part of their culture (cultural relativism), which is exactly the opposite of the essence of liberalism. They feel like they need to protect the believers of Islam and these people will then become grateful and more open to the western society.This has lead to a completely rigged view of Islam as a purely peaceful religion and most liberals became more scared to be called xenophobes themselves when they really need to have criticism. At its core Islam supports the killing of gays,  the oppression of women, and is against all our liberal values freedom of speech, freedom of religion etc. But it's trump that is the threat to liberal values? Some mental gymnastics going on in this thread.

We're in a field of strawmen.

Who here has condoned Islam? Who here has said any of the bolded?

The outage, and rightly so, comes from totally innocent people being **** detained in the airport due to a dreadfully written EO, rushed through while they were in the air.

As for the underlined, 'at its core', Christianity supports the same things.

The issue I have with the ridiculous view above is that it pigeonholes over a billion people into something they aren't, when really it's an extreme minority who support the totalitarian views you provide there.

The fact of the matter is, if Islam really was what people like you think it is, then the world would have been wiped out a long time ago as mobilising over a billion people with those sorts of views to overthrow the world would be easy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not so keen to rant about anything else apart from our own axes of evil. She was the liberals vote and the way all them lovely celebrities were cosying up to her was enough to make you puke. So I'm a white supremacist   :D

You have come across as a white supremacist due to calling Islam an invasion of Europe and saying we need to shift to the right to save Europe.

Not because you called Hillary a 'luvvie'. That was just you being wholly ignorant. 

5 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

I agree with you Ruge.

Islam is against everything these liberals believe in. Absolutely shocking. Go and live in parts of the Middle East and see how you get on I say. This whole Muslim victims thing is well overplayed. Infact they preach a lot more hate on our streets than Christians do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure how this has turned in to picking sides between Islam and Trump when it's perfectly consistent to say that they're both **** deplorable.

Well this is the exact argument they want us to have.

Either support Trump or you're against him siding with Islam. It's a **** nonsense.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

From the press association, the amount of time it takes to invite a President of the U.S.

C3b6lI-XUAA9eZJ.jpg

Just shows that Brexit means cutting through all that red tape 

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

This whole Muslim victims thing is well overplayed. 

Actually have a read of some sources that aren't the Mail and educate yourself. You come across a petty, ignorant racist.

MUSLIMS are the biggest VICTIMS of terrorism.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â