U.S. Politics

maqroll

A Reuters/Ipsos poll has 33% of Californians in support of secession. #Calexit

The world's 7th largest economy could easily fend for itself. 

Edited by maqroll

I'm guessing it means that refugees not being allowed in to the states means they'll be stuck in their hom country and facing death

its time for some other countries to step up and start taking them, there are plenty of developed civilised countries other than the states, the thing is none of those countries have spent the last 20-30 years screaming it from the top of their lungs about how incredibly free and accepting they are, the sad thing now about "make America great again" is that trump and his voters seem to be shitting all over the thing that historically is America...the American dream is give me your tired give me your poor...

• Like 2

If the US is going to become hard to govern, you have to wonder how he's going to respond?
Then there are his supporters.
Car crash.
Let's hope it doesn't end up spinning towards a police state.

Was wondering who Trump's tormentor in chief was?
CNN is owned by Time Warner. Time Warner are listed, the Chairman and CEO is a chap called Jeff Bewkes. Not your typical suit it seems, despite spells in finance.

In 1974, he graduated from Yale University with a bachelor's degree in philosophy. According to college friend Gary Lucas, a guitarist who went on to collaborate with avant-garde acts like Captain Beefheart, said that at Yale in the early 1970s, he fell in with “lunatic fringe types and free thinkers”. Bill Moseley, another college friend who went on to a career in horror movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, stated, “I think of him as an artist first and foremost”.

Wiki

Wonder how much is him, and how much influence the major shareholders have?

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I'm guessing it means that refugees not being allowed in to the states means they'll be stuck in their hom country and facing death

Fair enough. It's probably not the most sensibly worded placard, though, because I'd be surprised if it wasn't spun by the likes of Fox and other as something negative.

I think the more serious thing about this is how loosely it [the ban] has been written which rather lines up with something someone posted the other day about the Executive Orders being written by Bannan and Priebus without any legal advice.

49 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I just don't understand how this man is in power, and how a large portion of America is okay with this? 

When you grow up on a steady diet of Twinkies, Mountain Dew and right wing propaganda, Trump is like your Steve Biko. 

This administration is **** clearly deranged, and a very unhealthy cult of personality is becoming apparent. Trump has stepped in it every day in office so far. But he may have overplayed his hand with this one, the GOP brass may have to acknowledge they have a serious problem, and that the president might be mentally unstable.

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Habeas corpus no longer is exists in the United States by fiat decree of the president, to whomever and for whatever reasons he/she so whims. This is not Trumps doing. Thank you president Obama.

Edited by villakram
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, villakram said:

Habeas corpus no longer is exists in the United States by fiat decree of the president, to whomever and for whatever reasons he/she so whims. This is not Trumps doing. Thank you president Obama.

Though revoking the rights of all Green Card holders who are nationals of (at the moment) 7 countries by Presidential fiat has been carried out by Mr Trump today.

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Though revoking the rights of all Green Card holders who are nationals of (at the moment) 7 countries by Presidential fiat has been carried out by Mr Trump today.

My comment was in relation to lawyers complaining about the abuse of habeas corpus of people detained at JFK. Obama gave himself and all future presidents the power to detain at the presidents pleasure whomever, for whatever, whenever. 

Also, it was the official policy of NYPD and many other police departments to arrest people on mass during the occupy demonstrations. Similar actions took place during the inauguration related protests.  

I see these as precedents. The green card holders are in a world of trouble.

Personal anecdote: I know a few from these lands and non of them were going to travel under any circumstances around now as they were afraid of exactly this occurring. It has been flagged all through the election afterall. 

Edited by villakram

11 minutes ago, villakram said:

Thank Dick Cheney, actually. It was he who pushed so hard for expanded executive privilege. Obama turned it into statecraft, and now it's sitting on a silver platter for Trump to troll the world with.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Thank Dick Cheney, actually. It was he who pushed so hard for expanded executive privilege. Obama turned it into statecraft, and now it's sitting on a silver platter for Trump to troll the world with.

Yup. Cheney is scum, and still alive somehow.

But Obama codified ever single crime those Bush related fookers did. He dropped so far in my estimation throughout his presidency.

10 minutes ago, villakram said:

I see these as precedents. The green card holders are in a world of trouble.

Indeed. And perhaps not the ones from just those countries named at the moment.

I wonder where Mo Farah is at the moment?

Edited by snowychap

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â