U.S. Politics

maqroll

16 hours ago, Genie said:

I’d love to see Musk thrown in jail. Thinks he’s above the law because he has so much money and owns a social media platform where he can’t be silenced.

He’s a very dangerous man who must have skeletons in his closet.

Some day the axis of evil mark two will be known as Musk, Putin, Trump.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

I wonder why he's wearing plastic trousers?

Who knows….from plastic trousers to pads under his toes to a picture of him in the background in some hamptons or cricket style jumper…it’s all just weird.

35 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

For a supposed billionaire I can never understand why he wears such ill-fitting clothing. He's like an orange Tony Xia

He wears the classic American cut suit, which is then exaggerated because he's tall and fat. America, particularly for older generations, has a warped sense of what a suit should look like, coming from their tailors making suits fast and cheap using simplistic patterns back in the day, which look wank no matter how much they cost because the cut isn't flattering. That became the look of a successful businessman to America, and it's stuck ever since. 

It'll probably never truly go away, nothing that becomes culturally accepted does, but with the increasingly globalised world we've seen a more international look slowly enter American fashion and it'll eventually get into the conservative money and political spheres. 

It's also worth noting that Trump is all image, so in many ways his suit is a costume to embody what he is, even more so than a normal person does. He wants to portray himself as the absolute epitome of the American businessman, he wears what the people expect when they think American businessman.

Xia wore a shitty suit because he wasn't 'really' an extremely rich man. You could tell the moment you looked at him - a guy really worth the kind of money he was alleged to wouldn't be dressed in a suit that badly fitted.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, nick76 said:

Who knows….from plastic trousers to pads under his toes to a picture of him in the background in some hamptons or cricket style jumper…it’s all just weird.

He's the most preposterous human being I've ever seen, every now and then I sit back and let it sink in, it's absolutely insane that anyone could look at him and think 'yeah, that's who I want in charge'.  Just utterly bizarre, I've got just about enough faith in the American people to believe that Harris will win comfortably in the end.

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â