U.S. Politics

maqroll

17 hours ago, Jareth said:

I can't believe that Trump is still in the race. If he wins it will be seismic. I still cannot believe that this happens. But if it does, pass the popcorn. 

Pass the popcorn whichever way it goes!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Genie said:

International markets will collapse on the news he has won the election is my prediction. There will be chaos.

Short answer is the US markets don't care who the president is   , the person inside the Oval Office doesn't influence the market that much , the federal reserve do that , all be it the president can appoint the head of the FR .

but , if we assume Wall street and US interest rates influence international markets 

from their policies (domestic) 

Harris is proposing to hike corporation tax by 7%  , put in more regulation  , and including tariffs as a sales tax ( i.e goods become more expensive)  ...I doubt Wall street will like any of that  

but a Harris win would probably see interest rates continue to fall and US bonds rise ( international markets will like this) 

Trump appears to want to lower Corporation tax , relax regulation  , wall street will like that  ..

but Trumps almost certain to go into another trade war with China  likely sparking interest rate rises  , international markets won't like this  .., although there is talk of a deal with India to replace Chinese goods 

Interestingly experts are still advising people to invest in US equities ( as they were when it was Trump v Biden and a Trump victory looked more likely) , so they don't seem to be concerned of the outcome either way 

Israel , Ukraine , another Covid like plague will affect the market more than Trump will ( all be it , his decisions on these events could be key ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

And just who is this “they,” MTG?

And somewhat impressively, the same people will also tell you that man-made climate change is a myth and a hoax.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

And somewhat impressively, the same people will also tell you that man-made climate change is a myth and a hoax.

Ha! Great point.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â