U.S. Politics

maqroll

9 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Sadly for Musk the EU actually cares about people’s data and controlling Russian troll farms. The UK? Not so much.

The UK is streets ahead of the USA in terms of data protection, and we have adequacy decision with the EU to say our data protections are at a safe enough level.

Controlling troll farms is a different matter but one that everyone struggles with.

31 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The UK is streets ahead of the USA in terms of data protection, and we have adequacy decision with the EU to say our data protections are at a safe enough level.

Controlling troll farms is a different matter but one that everyone struggles with.

Legislation wise yes. Political will? Not so much. The ICO remains grossly underfunded

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

Legislation wise yes. Political will? Not so much. The ICO remains grossly underfunded

Like virtually every regulator in the world.

You would hope that Trump resoundingly beaten beyond any ‘sensible’ level of doubt and conspiracy theory* would mean the Republicans needing to take a long hard look at what they have become and recalibrate to some extent.

* I know, I know

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You would hope that Trump resoundingly beaten beyond any ‘sensible’ level of doubt and conspiracy theory* would mean the Republicans needing to take a long hard look at what they have become and recalibrate to some extent.

* I know, I know

He could lose every state and would still say that he won.

16 minutes ago, andyjsg said:

He could lose every state and would still say that he won.

Trump and Musk are pretty much already saying everything rigged against Trump.

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

Trump and Musk are pretty much already saying everything rigged against Trump.

Personally I hope he tries the coup again, and this time gets sent down for it. 

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The US will probably deploy 100,000 troops on the streets of Washington

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

There's still nothing to say he won't get sent down for the last one yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The US will probably deploy 100,000 troops on the streets of Venezuela.

Ok, so it turned out much later after the inquiry that Trump and Musk weren’t Venezuelan, but that’s all a lesson learned now. What’s more important is how we monetise all this oil.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â