U.S. Politics

maqroll

20 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I disagree.  The fact that he put in that video of the crazy woman from Canton and implied she was a Haitian immigrant in Springfield says it all.  He was clearly going there trying to get footage to convince people open to believing the pet-eating bullshit that it was true while presenting himself as just some curious guy after the truth while painting the MSM as negligent or actively trying to hide the truth.  I have every reason to believe that he fed bullshit lies to his interviewees to get them riled up and eager to repeat rumors they'd heard and state them as fact.

Propagating the "fake news" myth about real journalists while he is the real fake news.  He's a shining example of everything that's wrong about MAGA land.

I think you’re making a few baseless assumptions there. I suspect those people had those views before this guy showed up and asked his questions.

If he was trying to push an agenda regarding Haitian migrants then why interview so many of them and present the footage of them laughing at the ludicrous idea of people eating pets? 

The MAGA types definitely came off a lot worse in that video. 

Surely Harris now needs to be giving TV interview after TV interview setting out her plans. This seems to be the biggest criticism of her. Jus get out there at every opportunity stating her policies. 

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Surely Harris now needs to be giving TV interview after TV interview setting out her plans. This seems to be the biggest criticism of her. Jus get out there at every opportunity stating her policies. 

To what end? All her policies are out there, the media would rather cover Trump's latest made up bollocks. I don't see why the media would pivot away from that.

I mean, Trump has a concept of a plan for health care that he promised was two weeks away continuously for four entire years.  Oh and childcare which will be paid for by bigly money from.... tariffs.

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think she’s doing the Labour / Starmer strategy of keeping her head down and not being Trump to hopefully see her over the line.

If being a bit vague on policies is the worst that can be thrown at her she should be fine.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think she’s doing the Labour / Starmer strategy of keeping her head down and not being Trump to hopefully see her over the line.

If being a bit vague on policies is the worst that can be thrown at her she should be fine.

I've been keeping an eye on the polls, and I don't think she should do that. Harris gets a bump every time she says something reasonable on TV. It reminds people of how much of a lunatic Trump is. Whenever there is radio silence Trump's numbers go up. People forget he's mental and project their own less batshit version of conservatism onto him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, limpid said:

To what end? All her policies are out there, the media would rather cover Trump's latest made up bollocks. I don't see why the media would pivot away from that.

I mean, Trump has a concept of a plan for health care that he promised was two weeks away continuously for four entire years.  Oh and childcare which will be paid for by bigly money from.... tariffs.

Because the constant criticism I hear is the public don't know her well enough and don't know her policies well enough. Her policies merely being out there isn't enough. This is America, they need to be force fed them, preferably with a side of popcorn. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

As above, this doesn't seem to be enough. 

There are plenty of swing voters still edging towards Trump, mad though that is.

48 minutes ago, Hobsons Choice said:

I've been keeping an eye on the polls, and I don't think she should do that. Harris gets a bump every time she says something reasonable on TV. It reminds people of how much of a lunatic Trump is. Whenever there is radio silence Trump's numbers go up. People forget he's mental and project their own less batshit version of conservatism onto him. 

Absolutely. They know he's a nutter already. It's astonishing that he's so close, he should be destroyed. Look at that woman last week who said as much but that she had more money under Trump so will probably vote anyway.

They're done with the Trump is a nutter line, they now need to emphasise what they will actually do for people rather than just be not Trump. That's the missing piece. As I said, that needs force feeding. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

they now need to emphasise what they will actually do for people rather than just be not Trump. That's the missing piece. As I said, that needs force feeding. 

hopefully they open that tap gradually over the next 6 weeks or so.

Just now, Genie said:

hopefully they open that tap gradually over the next 6 weeks or so.

That's what I meant about being on Telly as much as possible. Especially as there are no more debates for her to push her points home. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That's what I meant about being on Telly as much as possible. Especially as there are no more debates for her to push her points home. 

But she's only going to get on TV more if she does something which generates better viewing figures than whatever batchit stuff Wotsit man comes out with.

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

They're done with the Trump is a nutter line, they now need to emphasise what they will actually do for people rather than just be not Trump. That's the missing piece.

In my experience in America, elections at all levels are won by emotion. You might get there via some reasoning, but that's a sliver of the electorate (in a race where slivers matter, admittedly). The tone of the argument is more vital than the ideas. Hillary had zillions of great ideas, but she freaked out insecure white men and often sounded condescending.  Harris just seems happy and upbeat. Americans love that shit.

pathos >  logos or ethos

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â