U.S. Politics

maqroll

57 minutes ago, sne said:

Robert Kennedy Jr pulling out (Kenneth) and endorsing Trump according to AP. Press conference tonight.

I can only think that the Trump campaign have ended their tie-up, because it wasn't serving them as they thought it would. 

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I can only think that the Trump campaign have ended their tie-up, because it wasn't serving them as they thought it would. 

One can only hope that the bulk of the RFK support was crazies who just couldn't bring themselves to vote for an insurrectionist and now won't vote at all.   I doubt many conspiracy theorist anti-vaxxers are going to move to Kamala.

4 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Great speech from RFK if you can watch it objectively. Could hurt Kamala's chances.

Trump nearly got assasinated - it'll take more...

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Trump nearly got assasinated - it'll take more...

I guess if you did nearly get assassinated then having a Kennedy around the place to improve the odds of them not aiming at you next time, isn't the worst idea in the world.

• Haha 3

On 23/08/2024 at 23:16, TreeVillan said:

Great speech from RFK if you can watch it objectively.

Great speech by what standard? It was hard work to get through.  The guy has no credibility so it’s hard to be objective when he speaks but I did try and watch it objectively as you said.  It was a nothing speech.

On 23/08/2024 at 23:16, TreeVillan said:

Could hurt Kamala's chances.

I’m not sure it will even bend the needle to be honest.  It wasn’t a great speech, his campaign was virtually dead in recent weeks and he’s not respected by anybody apart from a small band of fans. By September people will have forgotten he was even in the race.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

Great speech by what standard? It was hard work to get through.  The guy has no credibility so it’s hard to be objective when he speaks but I did try and watch it objectively as you said.  It was a nothing speech.

I’m not sure it will even bend the needle to be honest.  It wasn’t a great speech, his campaign was virtually dead in recent weeks and he’s not respected by anybody apart from a small band of fans. By September people will have forgotten he was even in the race.

Well I thought his points on children's health, the situation in Ukraine and what the Democratic Party has become in recent times were very well put and hard hitting. 

If anyone would like to read his speech in full it can be found at RFK jr Speech

Sixteen months ago, in April 2023, I launched my campaign for President of the United States. I began this journey as a Democrat. The party of my father and my uncle, the party which I pledged my own allegiance to long before I was old enough to vote. 

I attended my first Democratic convention at the age of six, in 1960. And back then, the Democrats were the champions of the Constitution and of civil rights. The Democrats stood against authoritarianism, against censorship, against colonialism, against imperialism, and against unjust wars. We were the party of labor, of the working class. The Democrats were the party of government transparency and the champion of the environment. Our party was the bulwark against big money interests and corporate power. True to its name, it was the party of democracy…

28 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

But this (from your link) is the sort of thing that only absolute morons believe?

It's proper brain-worm fueled, deranged idiocy.

Was just about to post much the same

• Like 1

On 15/08/2024 at 09:43, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Driving to/from San Francisco the past few days we passed a huge sign on the highway that featured that pic of Trump raising his fist from the assassination attempt and read “Trump- chosen by God to fight evil and save America.” We both gave it the finger each time we drove past. This was about an hour east of Berkeley, out where it becomes mostly agricultural and extremely red/MAGA 🙄

Did it again twice this weekend 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â