U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

I genuinely think Biden trying to stick it out for weeks after it became patently obvious him staying on was untenable was one of the greatest (accidental) political masterstrokes in recent memory.

There’s no way the Democrats would have been this unified if he’d stepped down a year ago and they’d run an open primary.

Maybe that was the plan? Biden is a wily old operator.  He let Trump have a convention attacking Biden for being too old then he stood aside, in one stroke pulling the rug from the Trump campaign. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Maybe that was the plan? Biden is a wily old operator.  He let Trump have a convention attacking Biden for being too old then he stood aside, in one stroke pulling the rug from the Trump campaign. 

Nah, most people are saying he didn't want to quit.

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Michelle Obama is an incredible speaker. How many other “first lady’s” (ex or present) could speak like that? She’d wipe the floor with most world leaders.

So good that the Trump wife #3 once copied one of her speeches word for word.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

IMG-0350.jpg

😉

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

Trump appeared being bullet proof glass at latest rally

I know he spouts loads of obvious bollocks but this latest guise is totally see-through. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Hopefully someone helpfully tests the glass for him.

With a bit of luck it’s the same glass in the cyber truck prototype 

window-break.gif?w=600

Watched a few bits and pieces of the DNC. Most of it was political Pablum, for the most part well executed. The one surprisingly good speaker was Steve Kerr.

2 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Watched a few bits and pieces of the DNC. Most of it was political Pablum, for the most part well executed. The one surprisingly good speaker was Steve Kerr.

Why surprising? He’s smart AF and equally eloquent. Haven’t watched any of the convention but him delivering doesn’t surprise me in the least 

26 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

RFK is to drop out and endorse Trump, I wonder will that make any difference to the polling.

Aligning with Trump is the only way he gets a cabinet slot. No way in hell it happens if Harris wins. No idea if this will have any polling significance 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Why surprising? He’s smart AF and equally eloquent. Haven’t watched any of the convention but him delivering doesn’t surprise me in the least 

I have only rarely heard him speak other than a post game review. But he was a good speaker in a very formal setting. He was very 'votable' for, should he ever go political.

10 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I have only rarely heard him speak other than a post game review. But he was a good speaker in a very formal setting. He was very 'votable' for, should he ever go political.

👍👍 His background is really interesting, he’s got a helluva story. So much more than merely hoops

Vance is prepping for his debate with Waltz by having "a friend who embellishes and lies a lot stand in for him."

Guess it's nice of Trump to help him prepare. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Vance is prepping for his debate with Waltz by having "a friend who embellishes and lies a lot stand in for him."

Guess it's nice of Trump to help him prepare. 

Walz is going to cruise that. Vance doesn't even know what his standpoints are. He's like a flag in the wind.

Walz last night: 'While other states were banishing books from their schools, we were banishing hunger from ours'. How can you not like the guy?

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

RFK is to drop out and endorse Trump, I wonder will that make any difference to the polling.

I think it’ll have some effect, yeah. Previously polls were suggesting he pulled more voters from Trump than Harris.

4 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think it’ll have some effect, yeah. Previously polls were suggesting he pulled more voters from Trump than Harris.

Whether they will automatically move remains to be seen.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Whether they will automatically move remains to be seen.

No doubt some will abstain from the two options. RFKJ certainly has appeal to those “traditional” 3rd party voters who want nothing to do with the two big parties.

Just how many will abstain? Now that’s the crux of the biscuit 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â