U.S. Politics

maqroll

Just now, bickster said:

Nah, some US polls are a waste of time. US popular vote polls are certainly a waste of time for sure

Individual swing state polling is much more useful though

The margin of error is bigger than the gap between the 2 candidates so it’s a bit pointless. 

It’s interesting to see the trend over time I guess. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The margin of error is bigger than the gap between the 2 candidates so it’s a bit pointless. 

It’s interesting to see the trend over time I guess. 

So polling is only good when it shows a clear winner?

If The margin of error is bigger than the gap between the candidates it means it’s close or as they say, too close to call. Right now in the swing states that’s a massive improvement for Harris/Walz

Willie Brown to Donald Trump: Mention My Name Again and Get Sued

The former president has falsely claimed that he nearly died in a helicopter ride with Mr. Brown, and that Mr. Brown said “terrible things” about Kamala Harris.

.Link

Let’s see if this is a hill Trump is willing to die on, as he is apparently threatening to sue the NYT for claiming his story as false

Trump forgot where he was speaking today referring to the audience as North Carolina when he was in Pennsylvania. 

Imagine if Biden had done that. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Trump forgot where he was speaking today referring to the audience as North Carolina when he was in Pennsylvania. 

Imagine if Biden had done that. 

Fake news. He was actually addressing some audience members from NC.

So first she turned many of the rust belt states, and now this.

Not looking at all good for Trump, he can't afford to lose two rust belt and two sun belt states.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Genie said:

Has Trump started suggesting the election is rigged yet? That’ll be the first tell tale sign he isn’t confident.

Since 2015.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Started? He’s never stopped

I’m expecting him to really push the message as we get closer to the election. The more he says it the less confident he is of winning.

On 19/08/2024 at 07:31, Genie said:

Has Trump started suggesting the election is rigged yet? That’ll be the first tell tale sign he isn’t confident.

He hasn't stopped. He has said they will find ways to win the election in December and that it could be stolen. I also suggest watching Redacted on YT, it's bonkers, but a good insight into the minds of Maga. More spin than a Mazepin F1 race.

If he does lose, once the "stolen" nonsense recedes, what happens next? 

What fills the void? Does someone else take up the mantle or do the MAGA lot slowly dissolve? 

How long can he keep grifting once he's no longer a Republican force?

There's going to be a lot of obsessive brainwashed people milling about all confused. 

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If he does lose, once the "stolen" nonsense recedes, what happens next? 

What fills the void? Does someone else take up the mantle or do the MAGA lot slowly dissolve? 

How long can he keep grifting once he's no longer a Republican force?

There's going to be a lot of obsessive brainwashed people milling about all confused. 

Project 2025 gets edited substituting 2025 with 2029.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Like the Tory Brexit dolts, but with more guns and religious zeal.

39 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Trump using fake AI images of Taylor Swift saying he has her support. 

A week after claiming (falsely) that Harris was using AI generated crowd images and saying that doing so is election interference.

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I've watched a lot of rallies and political conventions over the years and of course they are very partisan. But I don't think I've ever seen a reception like Biden just received. It seemed to go on for ever. I am the biggest cynic but it really seemed very emotional.

He went on to speak the most harshly he ever has about the Israel war on Gaza. Everyone can agree his debate performance was abysmal but this was an absolutely barnstorming speech.

And a final thought is: All policy debates aside, this man had his wife and youngest daughter introduce him in the most loving and inspirational way. Trump's wife won't even hold his hand at photo ops FFS. How can anyone believe that the orange idiot is a human with any quality whatsoever.

One of the sad aspects of 2024 has been the way that Trump propaganda about Biden's cognitive ability became accepted in the mainstream.

Is Biden still the man he was? No absolutely not. Is he still a capable politician who would perform better as a president than Trump? Absolutely yes.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â