U.S. Politics

maqroll

Driving to/from San Francisco the past few days we passed a huge sign on the highway that featured that pic of Trump raising his fist from the assassination attempt and read “Trump- chosen by God to fight evil and save America.” We both gave it the finger each time we drove past. This was about an hour east of Berkeley, out where it becomes mostly agricultural and extremely red/MAGA 🙄

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Where do his voters go?  I would think (as he's mental) they'd more likely go to Trump?

See @magnkarl's post above with Florida polls with and without RFK.   When he drops out, his 5% goes 3% to Trump and 2% to Harris, apparently.  I don't know if Florida differs too much from the rest of the country in this case.  As others have pointed out, RFK attracts anti-vaxxer, conspiracy theory types that don't want to vote for Trump.   Initially, I think they saw him as a (comparatively) "sane" alternative, but he's giving Trump a run for his money in the loony race.   I would actually expect more like a 3:1 split to Trump.   I personally hope he stays in the race.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Strange.  I don't know his politics, my judgement was just that he seems a little nutty so I associate his fans with the more nutty party.

Still good news, just an extra 1% for Kamala Harris would make all the difference.

How/why is he still going?  Who is bankrolling him?  Seems the most pointless exercise ever.

He’s been calling up both sides and offering to drop out and endorse them in return for a cabinet position in the next government.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

The first part of the video made me think how it's actually quite odd how MAGA and Musk fans supposedly love their dear leaders so much, yet a shit ton of the images and videos they use of them are AI generated to make them look better or cooler, if they were so great why not show us real images of them?

I guess it's just typical propaganda like the Putin riding a bear stuff from around 2010 or Soviet era propaganda, but it's still weird, especially since AI is often so shit as well.

15 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

The first part of the video made me think how it's actually quite odd how MAGA and Musk fans supposedly love their dear leaders so much, yet a shit ton of the images and videos they use of them are AI generated to make them look better or cooler, if they were so great why not show us real images of them?

I guess it's just typical propaganda like the Putin riding a bear stuff from around 2010 or Soviet era propaganda, but it's still weird, especially since AI is often so shit as well.

I mean it's an AI generated video of them dancing to the beegees, meant as a bit of fun. 

I think you need some fresh air.

2 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

2 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

The top reply, interesting.

It is and it isn’t.

Firstly consider that the reply is from a Republican Congressional candidate. He considers that online polling favours Dems, it maybe that it doesn’t to the extent he’s thinking (I serious have doubts about the extent of that otherwise it would never be the highest collection methodology)

Secondly, that top methodology of having 25% of landlines in the responses seems a little nuts, presuming the US is like the UK and landlines are something older and likely more rural people have (more pro Trump) people have that would definitely have skewed the original methodology 

He didn’t complain about the former bias to his party in the polling, he’s only having a pop when the polls move and looking for a perceived flaw. All I see is an improvement of collection data methods

TLDR: he's amplifying his own biases, doesn’t understand what he’s talking about and isn’t objective.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, villan95 said:

So according to polls Harris is on anything from about 41% to 53% and Trump is on anything from 42% to 51%

Clear as mud

Close enough that if Trump loses, he'll have a tantrum and claim 'stolen election' again. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Polls are a waste of time

Nah, some US polls are a waste of time. US popular vote polls are certainly a waste of time for sure

Individual swing state polling is much more useful though

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â