U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Normally the opposite of ‘progressive’ is ‘conservative’ when you are talking about politics. 

Essentially you have two groups of people, those who think society needs to change in order to get better and people who think too much change has made society worse. 

The fun thing about American politics is that is was the Republicans who used to be libertarians and liberals, they've gone completely away from their roots and are now just an excuse for conservatives. Hopefully if Trump loses we'll see the old type of conservative libertarian back in the GOP, because a balance is always good and the Dems can sometimes be a bit too wacky in their approach to things. 

Bring back the old fiscally prudent libertarian conservative, not this new right wing fascist cult of personality worshiper.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 2

JD Vance, gotta give it to him, he goes to interviews but he can't for the life of him give a credible answer and seem like he means it.

Meanwhile, after bashing on trans, gay people and generally people of different sexual orientation, here's JD vance in his college years sent to the press via his then friends who he's long sent under the bus.

The guy is the biggest hypocrite in the world. Explains the guy's use for eyeliner to this very date though.

If anyone did just 5 minutes of vetting of Shady Vance he wouldn't be a VP pick. The world is laughing at the GOP.

Edited by magnkarl

On 11/08/2024 at 18:20, Xann said:

American VTers might want to pick the bones out of this series of loonbag videos, or perhaps give us their thoughts on Propublica who have made them public?

Nope.

I lasted about 4 mins and had an urge to head to a Walmart to purchase a weapon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I assume when people could actually get to hear Trump just spewed his usual mixture of bile and nonsense whilst Musk got his tongue further and further up his arse. 

Edited by sidcow

And Trump sounded like Daffy Duck throughout, it's trending on both his own social media platform and twitter. Haha!

These two morons, jesus.

They both praised dictators, wanted to eliminate the department of education, the usual slop.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm hoping against hope that Trump and the Republicans are running this campaign as effectively as Sunak and the Tories did theirs. 

With a similar outcome. 

My dislike of Trump has lead me to checking every couple of weeks what are the odds of him becoming President again. Thinking that the safeguards that would have surrounded  Biden if re-elected would still be much better for the world than another Trump presidency, I was very disappointed to see the bookies had Trump as a slight favourite back in June. I'm pleased that since Harris' nomination, Trump is now slight favourite not to win. Although hopefully that's not just a honeymoon period for Harris.

13 minutes ago, brommy said:

My dislike of Trump has lead me to checking every couple of weeks what are the odds of him becoming President again. Thinking that the safeguards that would have surrounded  Biden if re-elected would still be much better for the world than another Trump presidency, I was very disappointed to see the bookies had Trump as a slight favourite back in June. I'm pleased that since Harris' nomination, Trump is now slight favourite not to win. Although hopefully that's not just a honeymoon period for Harris.

Every couple of weeks? I'm checking every **** day! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Every couple of weeks? I'm checking every **** day! 

Back in the spring there wasn't much movement, just a slight nudge towards Trump as Biden's frailties became more and more apparent. I've moved from checking every couple of weeks to every couple of days since Harris was nominated. Please not Trump!

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

When does RFK Jr. pull out of the race? 

Where do his voters go?  I would think (as he's mental) they'd more likely go to Trump?

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Where do his voters go?  I would think (as he's mental) they'd more likely go to Trump?

They would go democrat mostly. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Strange.  I don't know his politics, my judgement was just that he seems a little nutty so I associate his fans with the more nutty party.

Still good news, just an extra 1% for Kamala Harris would make all the difference.

How/why is he still going?  Who is bankrolling him?  Seems the most pointless exercise ever.

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

The polls suggest most would go to Trump. He seems to be capturing some of the conspiracy theorists who would otherwise vote for Trump. 

Edit: He used to be polling at about 10% when Biden was running but since Harris took over he dropped to 6%. Presumably that 4% went to Harris and the majority of those remaining with him are disgruntled Republicans. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

I think the opposite. The people I know of/ have encountered who support RFK Jr. definitely are more in line with MAGA: anti-vax, prone to conspiracy theories, etc. And not to mention reading numerous articles in which his supporters seem more in line with Trump. These people are not traditional democrats who will fall in line when he’s out of the race 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The polls suggest most would go to Trump. He seems to be capturing some of the conspiracy theorists who would otherwise vote for Trump. 

Edit: He used to be polling at about 10% when Biden was running but since Harris took over he dropped to 6%. Presumably that 4% went to Harris and the majority of those remaining with him are disgruntled Republicans. 

Agree. And I should have read your post before making mine. Consider it me further supporting your post 🤣

I've said before. I follow right-wing channels on YouTube. Faccinates me to see what they say to overlook what DJT does. Redacted and Liberal Hivemind are two that just baffle me. Seeing the work they put in to completely ignore the insanity of Trump is just entertaining.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â