U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Harris hasn't put a foot wrong yet.

Great pick, Walz is a very likeable candidate. 

Great speech tonight.

Not sure if this is legit but seen several people say he’s a big fan of The Replacements & Husker Du. If so, massive 👍👍

• Haha 1

Trump used WWE entertainment formulas in his speeches on the rise to power, looks like the dems are doing the same. “Mind your own damn business” sounds very stone cold Steve Austin. It’s probably the perfect way to take him on - frames him as a WWE weakling if he hasn’t got a better one liner retort. Playground stuff but effective. 

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Trump used WWE entertainment formulas in his speeches on the rise to power, looks like the dems are doing the same. “Mind your own damn business” sounds very stone cold Steve Austin. It’s probably the perfect way to take him on - frames him as a WWE weakling if he hasn’t got a better one liner retort. Playground stuff but effective. 

And that’s the bottom line 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Ouch that Walz speech, Shady Vance getting hammered. 

I am glad somebody else here watches the MTN! Shady Vance is what I call him now 😁

I'm not a fan of personal politics, but it's the only way to take Trump on, and at this late stage they needed to be aggressive. I'm glad the Democrats have got someone who can highlight the absurdity of Don.

• Like 2

Walz made a comment previously that you never see Trump laugh, unless it's at somebody, and how strange that is in 8 years. So they choose to go all smiles all positive energy to really ram that difference home. I think there is a considerable amount of strategy behind what we see and they are doing well to make it feel natural. It's a bit Ed Davey. 

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Seems a good choice for VP. Midwest normal guy type vibes with an progressive agenda.

He's an extreme left wing Marxist, according to the Trump camp. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Walz made a comment previously that you never see Trump laugh, unless it's at somebody, and how strange that is in 8 years. So they choose to go all smiles all positive energy to really ram that difference home. I think there is a considerable amount of strategy behind what we see and they are doing well to make it feel natural. It's a bit Ed Davey. 

25 minutes ago, Hobsons Choice said:

I'm not a fan of personal politics, but it's the only way to take Trump on, and at this late stage they needed to be aggressive. I'm glad the Democrats have got someone who can highlight the absurdity of Don.

Trump is divisive.  Any semi normal - middle of the road candidate would beat him.

That's why the dems persisting with a clearly declining Biden for so long was confusing. They could have put anyone of 10 candidates up against Trump 5/6 months ago and won comfortably. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Ouch that Walz speech, Shady Vance getting hammered. 

Great speech, but you can see why these things go on for hours. Stopping every 5 words due to the cheering and whooping.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Great speech, but you can see why these things go on for hours. Stopping every 5 words due to the cheering and whooping.

Democrats have been starved of much to cheer and whoop about lately.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He's an extreme left wing Marxist, according to the Trump camp. 

Yes he is a dangerous fellow, what with having free school meals in his state and wanting women having the right to have an abortion.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â