U.S. Politics

maqroll

The American far right is liking what it's seeing in England at the moment. I'm sure their message boards are lit up about it, and I bet they're trying to make plans here for copycat street action, or even worse, like mass shootings of immigrants. The shooter who committed the El Paso atrocity was radicalized by Texas Governor Abbott and Trump, of course, among many others, including Fox News. Turns out that when you refer to Latinos as "invaders" and "rapists", some people will think they need to take action. 

• Like 1

On 03/08/2024 at 06:37, bannedfromHandV said:

Trump and Kamala debating, surely she will destroy him even on a Fox News hosted event? 

Yes. The only potential issue will be the border stuff, but I trust that she is already preparing for this.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Yes. The only potential issue will be the border stuff, but I trust that she is already preparing for this.

Agreed

She has huge financial/celebrity backing but didn't do too well in the previous presidential nomination debates. Hopefully she's improved, as give him his due, Trump chats **** but he can overwhelm and dominate his opponent which makes him a decent debater. Kamala currently just seems to grin a lot after saying a few prescripted sound bites, she'll need to be a lot more switched on to her policies and defending her immigration record 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

I hope it's Shapiro, future president I think.

I really hope not. He will lose at lot of voters on the left because of his support of Israel.

Biden was losing support in some demographics because of this issue.

I hope she picks Kelly. He can talk coherently about the border (and a sensible conversation is needed.) This addresses one of her big weaknesses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I really hope not. He will lose at lot of voters on the left because of his support of Israel.

Biden was losing support in some demographics because of this issue.

I hope she picks Kelly. He can talk coherently about the border (and a sensible conversation is needed.) This addresses one of her big weaknesses.

There is a bit of a problem with Kelly in that he is a Senator rather than just a governor and a Senator in a key swing state. 

If they pull him out of the Senate and create a vacancy there is no guarantee it will return to the Democrats. 

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

There is a bit of a problem with Kelly in that he is a Senator rather than just a governor and a Senator in a key swing state. 

If they pull him out of the Senate and create a vacancy there is no guarantee it will return to the Democrats. 

If the thunder don’t get ya then the lightning will 

Kamala steaming ahead in polls now. Even the right leaning pollsters have her above Trump, and Trump's favourite betting companies which he's used to show how awesome he was against Biden even have Kamala up by as much as 14% now.

The GOP is rattled. Nothing seems to be sticking. Kamala's team need to nail the point about Donald running from a debate home hard.

Dems new nickname for JD is so good. Shady Vance.

Edited by magnkarl

8 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Kamala steaming ahead in polls now. Even the right leaning pollsters have her above Trump, and Trump's favourite betting companies which he's used to show how awesome he was against Biden even have Kamala up by as much as 14% now.

The GOP is rattled. Nothing seems to be sticking. Kamala's team need to nail the point about Donald running from a debate home hard.

Dems new nickname for JD is so good. Shady Vance.

Where you seeing this mate? I had a look and i can only see harris 1% ahead?

To be honest i wouldnt read much in these polls when they are so close. This can go either way. I really do think it could go to the face to face debate (if it happens) as there seems to be alot of undecided voters

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Where you seeing this mate? I had a look and i can only see harris 1% ahead?

To be honest i wouldnt read much in these polls when they are so close. This can go either way. I really do think it could go to the face to face debate (if it happens) as there seems to be alot of undecided voters

Just bear in mind where she started, 3-5% behind.

The swing states are well and truly swinging to Kamala.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Thanks 1

Just now, magnkarl said:

Thanks very interesting. I still think this is going to be very close unless trump says something so stupid like he does.

The problem with the debate lies with kamala doesnt want to debate on fox, and trump doesnt on abc. Why dont they just have two one on each ffs or on a neutral network.

Its better to debate on enemy territory for each one see how they handle pressure.

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks very interesting. I still think this is going to be very close unless trump says something so stupid like he does.

The problem with the debate lies with kamala doesnt want to debate on fox, and trump doesnt on abc. Why dont they just have two one on each ffs or on a neutral network.

Its better to debate on enemy territory for each one see how they handle pressure.

Kamala said she'll do it on Fox, but prefers to do it where Trump already agreed to debate Biden. It's been scheduled for months and Trump was all for it until they took out Biden. It's a bad excuse. The moderation at these debates is all but non-existent and matter little.

Trump doesn't want to debate because he's just about as demented as Biden, Kamala will beat him no matter which channel it's on as he can't do anything but be a racist misogynistic idiot. 

Trump doesn't want to debate, don't fall for his lies about the reason.

Edited by magnkarl

Just now, magnkarl said:

Kamala said she'll do it on Fox, but prefers to do it where Trump already agreed to debate Biden. It's been scheduled for months and Trump was all for it until they took out Biden. It's a bad excuse. The moderation at these debates is all but non-existent and matter little.

Trump doesn't want to debate because he's just about as demented as Biden, Kamala will beat him no matter which channel it's on as he can't do anything but be a racist misogynistic idiot. 

I thought it was an attempt by Trump to get the debate cancelled and Harris didn’t fall for it. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I thought it was an attempt by Trump to get the debate cancelled and Harris didn’t fall for it. 

Kamala = if you have something to say, say it to my face.

Trump = err I don't like the channel we initially agreed to, let's do it earlier and on a different platform because I'm scared.

Kamala just needs to repeat that he's too chicken, either he'll be goaded into a debate which he'll lose, or he'll be proven to be a chicken when he wants to portray this image of never backing down.

I have a feeling he’ll pull out of the debate for some reason. I think from his point of view the damage being seen to be weak will be less than getting owned on the stage by Harris.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Trump doesn't want to debate, don't fall for his lies about the reason.

I dont like trump or harris tbh mate. Harris has been a collosal failure at vice president and trump well he is a collosal trump.

As much as i dislike trump i don't think he is worried about debating harris. If the polls show harris in front by a big margin at some point he will lose even more votes if he doesnt debate her.

If harris really wants the debate too she can do what he wants call his bluff then you know he is full of BS

Edited by Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont like trump or harris tbh mate. Harris has been a collosal failure at vice president and trump well he is a collosal trump.

As much as i dislike trump i don't think he is worried about debating harris. If the polls show harris in front by a big margin at some point he will lose even more votes if he doesnt debate her.

If harris really wants the debate too she can do what he wants call his bluff then you know he is full of BS

What is it that Harris has done that you think makes her a colossal failure?

As far as I can see, the metrics for the current pres/vp is by a mile better than anything Trump did. Debt, GDP, jobs, unemployment, more money for police/rescue/care, improving the child subsidies, more money for the border/Ukraine/Taiwan.

I don't know why you're bringing out the Trump-hit of her being a 'colossal failure', unless you've got something concrete that she's done badly?

Edited by magnkarl

49 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

As far as I can see, the metrics for the current pres/vp is by a mile better than anything Trump did. Debt, GDP, jobs, unemployment, more money for police/rescue/care, improving the child subsidies, more money for the border/Ukraine/Taiwan.

Watching from next door, Harris as VP has been a bit of a damp squib. She was not bad per se, but it's nothing exciting either. Pence did a better job as VP, especially at the end. But no way would I vote for Pence unless Trump was the other candidate. And even then ...

edit
some people are uncomfortable with her relatively soft stance on Hamas and her relatively Woke views.

Edited by fruitvilla

4 hours ago, magnkarl said:

The swing states are well and truly swinging to Kamala.

The swing state polling should be all that matters, national polling is irrelevant.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â