U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Amatuers. Shagging couches is for beginners. Shagging pigs is where it's at. 

What can I say, Vance thinks women are furniture and furniture is women. 

Agree with you about his talent. He convinced a fox audience to change their mind on an abortion debate. However this is conservative religious America. I just think the gop would go full hatred mode. To go from an old white Male to a black women is one thing but to go a black women president and a gay vp would probably a stretch to far for too many Americans, even though it probably be the best ticket.

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Pete Buttigieg is such an awesome debater. He's been doing the rounds on TV absolutely demolishing Trump on Fox, CNN and everywhere he can show his face. He'd be a good VP, I just don't think it'll be him as he's from the wrong state.

He has the elements of a future president. Great speaker, pretty centrist, military background, local experience in Indiana and now federal experience in transport. A gay man as president will be difficult for some conservatives though.

I hope he gets a more visual position in the next administration.

This article about Vance from the NY Times is fascinating. He seems like he used to be quite a reasonable guy, then pivoted dramatically during the pandemic years to become a bit of a nutter. 

When his book, “Hillbilly Elegy,” was published in 2016, JD Vance sent an email apologizing to a close friend from his Yale Law School days. The friend identified as transgender, but Mr. Vance referred to them in the book as a lesbian. 
“Hey Sofes, here’s an excerpt from my book,” Mr. Vance wrote to his friend, Sofia Nelson. “I send this to you not just to brag, but because I’m sure if you read it you’ll notice reference to ‘an extremely progressive lesbian.’” 
“I recognize now that this may not accurately reflect how you think of yourself, and for that I am really sorry,” he wrote. “I hope you’re not offended, but if you are, I’m sorry! Love you, JD.” 
Nelson wrote back the same day, calling Mr. Vance “buddy” and thanking him for “being sweet,” adding, “If you had written gender queer radical pragmatist, nobody would know what you mean.” Nelson asked for an autographed copy, then signed off with, “Love, Sofia.”

https://archive.ph/SVMjx

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

This article about Vance from the NY Times is fascinating. He seems like he used to be quite a reasonable guy, then pivoted dramatically during the pandemic years to become a bit of a nutter. 

https://archive.ph/SVMjx

Does make me wonder if he's actually gone down the loony rabbit hole, or if he stands for absolutely nothing and just thinks riding Trump's coat tails will be enough to secure a future presidency

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Does make me wonder if he's actually gone down the loony rabbit hole, or if he stands for absolutely nothing and just thinks riding Trump's coat tails will be enough to secure a future presidency

He's been pushed there by Peter Thiel and Elon Musk. Thiel has essentially propped up his career and bought him the senator position two years ago. That's why he now sounds like he's from Gilead, because Peter Thiel and Elon Musk are essentially dreaming about the world dying and them saving it. Vance himself isn't dangerous, his backers are. Vance has been fired from every company Thiel has gotten him a job at.

Thiel and Musk gives Trump something like 50 million USD a month until the election just so he'd pick Vance. Deep down I don't think Donald likes Vance, but that cash is too much to turn down for the convict. Reports suggest that Trump is considering getting rid of Vance as JD goes from one trailer crash interview to the next.

Think about JD Vance debating Buttigieg or Mark Kelly, it'd be a bloodbath. Both served with honour in the armed forces, JD only lasted 9 months - both are extremely smart and educated, JD flopped out of school. I look forward to a potential debate.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It’s hard to believe someone can change so dramatically in such a short space of time. Then if he is faking it surely it will unravel as you can’t hold such a fake persona for long in a position under such scrutiny. 
Maybe it’s why he awkwardly tried to play off his “childless cat woman” quote as ‘just jokes’? He had miscalibrated his character there because it wasn’t coming from an authentic place?

Mark Kelly would likely appeal to average Republican more, he seems tough and could probably help her with her with sounding tough on immigration considering he's from Arizona. Think it'll be either Shapiro or Pritzker personally, who both hold large voting pools at their disposals in key battlegrounds. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Pete Buttigieg is such an awesome debater. He's been doing the rounds on TV absolutely demolishing Trump on Fox, CNN and everywhere he can show his face. He'd be a good VP, I just don't think it'll be him as he's from the wrong state.

Yeah, no way anyone from Indiana could ever become VP 😉

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I think it’s the latter 

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

He's been pushed there by Peter Thiel and Elon Musk. Thiel has essentially propped up his career and bought him the senator position two years ago. That's why he now sounds like he's from Gilead, because Peter Thiel and Elon Musk are essentially dreaming about the world dying and them saving it. Vance himself isn't dangerous, his backers are. Vance has been fired from every company Thiel has gotten him a job at.

Thiel and Musk gives Trump something like 50 million USD a month until the election just so he'd pick Vance. Deep down I don't think Donald likes Vance, but that cash is too much to turn down for the convict. Reports suggest that Trump is considering getting rid of Vance as JD goes from one trailer crash interview to the next.

Think about JD Vance debating Buttigieg or Mark Kelly, it'd be a bloodbath. Both served with honour in the armed forces, JD only lasted 9 months - both are extremely smart and educated, JD flopped out of school. I look forward to a potential debate.

Peter Thiel also bankrolled the Hulk Hogan lawsuit that destroyed Gawker, all because of a grudge 

4 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Peter Thiel also bankrolled the Hulk Hogan lawsuit that destroyed Gawker, all because of a grudge 

Thiel is why we should eat the rich 

8 hours ago, magnkarl said:

What can I say, Vance thinks women are furniture and furniture is women. 

People are identifying as furniture now?

Woke left cuck culture gone mad

7 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Mark Kelly would likely appeal to average Republican more, he seems tough and could probably help her with her with sounding tough on immigration considering he's from Arizona. Think it'll be either Shapiro or Pritzker personally, who both hold large voting pools at their disposals in key battlegrounds. 

Pritzker is from a safely blue state.   Shapiro or Kelly could potentiall help swing a state.   I think it will be one of them.

10 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Wouldn’t it be funny with a Pete vs JD Vance VP debate? I would absolutely love to see that debate, but even if Pete is picked as VP, the Trump campaign would never allow Vance on the same stage as Pete. 

Harris is not going to pick a gay running mate. She needs to make more inroads into white working class voters. Appealing to liberals twice as much is not getting her elected.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Even if he did like him, he'd detest him after a few months of having him as VP. Almost nobody who serves Trump gets much of a reward for it. I feel like being picked by Trump to be VP is a sure-fire way to torch your career.

I think she might actually go Walz. 

Which would be nice in the sense that it would be the first time a Dem ticket did not have two lawyers on it in quite some time. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â