U.S. Politics

maqroll

44 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Do you not know how strong the Jewish lobby is in the US? Political suicide if you pointed his war crimes out. 

Jewish lobby, what sort of cool-aid did you drink?

Do you call it Christian lobby when Germany sends someone to lobby American politicians to sell cars?

6 hours ago, villaglint said:

The never ending posting of little clips with no context (by both sides) is a major reason why the world is in such a polarised mess in my view. 

That said. I have no idea what the context could be for that to make any kind of sense. 

Exactly the above trump clip is just silly just the ones of biden being incapable to  remember what day it is.

Both embarrassing 

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is america

I know, I live here 😉

I get your point that we are screwed up. No argument there. But it’s ludicrous to say Hogan would win in a landslide. 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I know, I live here 😉

I get your point that we are screwed up. No argument there. But it’s ludicrous to see Hogan would win in a landslide. 

I concur. No chance in hell he would get anywhere near being nominated for the MAGA cult

4 minutes ago, Withnail said:

I concur. No chance in hell he would get anywhere near being nominated for the MAGA cult

He wouldn’t even get enough votes from rasslin’ fans. He’s far from being universally popular. 

Quite surprised to see that there's still a good percentage of 'undecided' voters in the polls. The most recent Reuters one with a Harris lead is promising though. My gut feeling is that enough people will unite to defeat Trump now the Dems have a competent candidate.

11 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I know, I live here 😉

I get your point that we are screwed up. No argument there. But it’s ludicrous to say Hogan would win in a landslide. 

But he is a real American  😛

6 hours ago, villan95 said:

Quite surprised to see that there's still a good percentage of 'undecided' voters in the polls. The most recent Reuters one with a Harris lead is promising though. My gut feeling is that enough people will unite to defeat Trump now the Dems have a competent candidate.

Seems the Reuters one is a bit of an anomaly and Trump is still ahead in most other recent polls since Biden dropped out.

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

Is it just a case of who can get the voters energised to vote? How can any serious person be weighing up Harris or Trump?

Why not Harris? 

Just now, Seat68 said:

Why not Harris? 

Sorry, I mean how could anyone be undecided between the 2. You couldn't possibly be weighing up who to vote for.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Can you expand? Would it really be that influential?

Unfortunately it would. Taylor Swift has been extremely apolitical, at least publicly, and for years there has been mass speculation about the impact of any potential endorsement from her. Most agree that she would bring a huge amount of young voters to the polls, people who otherwise are the least likely to vote. Same to a somewhat lesser degree with Beyoncé, as I think her massive fan base is a bit older and mostly already likely to vote 

2 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Taylor Swift has been extremely apolitical

She's been vocal about Harris getting the nod for VP in 2020 I thought?

3 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

If so your memory is better than mine 👍👍 I honestly do not recall 

No. I read it yesterday after you pointed out that the Beyonce / Swift gig might be fake news (it was)

af8561037be9187890a5e025e548a15c

Is her boyfriend not going to be an all out Trumper? Wouldn't surprise me from the (very, very) little I know about him.  American footballer, beard, likes to shout in peoples faces.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Unfortunately it would. Taylor Swift has been extremely apolitical, at least publicly, and for years there has been mass speculation about the impact of any potential endorsement from her. 

Not really. She spent much of Autumn 2018 openly campaigning for Phil Bredesen against Marsha Blackburn in the Tennessee Senate election. 

Her endorsement clearly didn't make that much of a difference, Blackburn still won comfortably. 

Only The Young is a full-throated anti-Trump protest song, widely used by Democrats at events.

I imagine any eventual endorsement is being saved for the last two weeks when it might swing the dial. But it almost certainly wouldn't.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Not really. She spent most of Autumn 2018 openly campaigning for Phil Bredesen against Marsha Blackburn in the Tennessee Senate election. 

Her endorsement clearly didn't make that much of a difference, Blackburn still won comfortably. 

Only The Young is a full-throated anti-Trump protest song, widely used by Democrats at events.

I imagine any eventual endorsement is being saved for the last two weeks when it might swing the dial. But it almost certainly wouldn't.

I totally forgot Blackburn 👍👍 Tennessee politics is not a strong suit for me 🤣

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â