U.S. Politics

maqroll

Assuming Harris is the nominee, how would people take it if she chose Romney or Kinzinger as VP? Would it help attract moderate Rs or put off too many left leaning Ds

never going to happen though, just a thought. I do think the VP will be a white straight male (sorry Buttigieg).

Surely SURELY she'd appeal to more of the floating voters than Trump. 

The whole world has been banging on about the ridiculous choice between two ancient white men. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I just can't see Harris delivering the swing states like old joe did. In 2020 he managed to unite the progressives and the more traditional rust belt democrats to win, picking up key states of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Biden received the most amount of votes ever by any presidential candidate.  Unforuntaely age has beaten him not his opponent. Though in hindsight it was a diaster calling an early debate and he was obviously not in the right physical condition to do so.

I think while Biden had a higher floor (rust belt), Kamala has a greater overall reach in the Sunbelt states (Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, NC) that are back in play. 

Biden had a very narrow path that had become near untenable in recent polling. Kamala has has a lot of upside in states that were almost out of the question for Biden. 

Edited by DJBOB

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The whole world has been banging on about the ridiculous choice between two ancient white men. 

American friends of mine agree with this. They were worried after the debate that voters intending to "hold their nose, and vote Biden" to stop MAGA wouldn't.  So you would think Harris can win them back at the very least.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I think while Biden had a higher floor (rust belt), Kamala has a greater overall reach in the Sunbelt states (Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, NC) that are back in play. 

Biden had a very narrow path that had become near untenable in recent polling. Kamala has has a lot of upside in states that were almost out of the question for Biden. 

Didn''t Biden win both sets though? That is the point Harris could do a Clinton and get more votes but lose the electoral college.

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Very hard for a non-white, woman to pick up floating voters IMO. A lot of Americans will stick to what they perceive a US President to be --> Old white man. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Very hard for a non-white, woman to pick up floating voters IMO. A lot of Americans will stick to what they perceive a US President to be --> Old white man. 

Then they deserve all they get. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

There's only about 4% floating voters in the US. It's going to be super tight no matter what.

Get her in front of a camera egging on Trump for a debate, do it persistently - and when he says no mock him for it.

If he shows up for a debate, channel her inner prosecutor and go hard after all his lies and felonies. You wouldn't even need to smear him, he's done so many horrible things.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 4

I wouldn't discount the influence of faith, more than ever. Trump getting lucky last week will be (and already has) been pushed as a his being divinely chosen. 

The Democratic nominee is, perhaps more than ever also, relying on the Republican being divisive enough that people hold their nose and vote Democrats or choose to stay at home.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

or...he is an incredibly popular political figure, maybe one of the most popular and well regarded political figures in recent memory and what we need is for him to come back because he would beat trump who is pretty much the opposite but the yank system means he cant so instead he'll need to dress up as a woman in order to do it, so then take kamala harris and dress him up as her...

not everyone sees the world in black and white

Just one tiny click on the profile of the Tweeter (X-er?) would answer this for you.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Do you mean to replace Harris because she'll be resigning to campaign?

Yeah. Running mate 

Wonder if it wilm be newsom. Thats who i have my money on

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Just one tiny click on the profile of the Tweeter (X-er?) would answer this for you.

yeah i aint clicking twitter profiles...

there's nothing offensive in the photo itself, I can kind of get the joke that what America needs now is obama back and for me there's no racism to that but if that's stemming from a right wing nut job then i am probably interpreting it differently from its intention

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

yeah i aint clicking twitter profiles...

there's nothing offensive in the photo itself, I can kind of get the joke that what America needs now is obama back and for me there's no racism to that but if that's stemming from a right wing nut job then i am probably interpreting it differently from its intention

"Italian-American | Conservative Populist | Political Commentator | Digital Marketing Strategist"

Subsequent tweets entirely racist or anti-LGBTQ.

I'm sure it was nothing! :D 

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Didn''t Biden win both sets though? That is the point Harris could do a Clinton and get more votes but lose the electoral college.

He did win both sets, but he didn’t need to. That he over performed in GA and won the sweep of sunbelt states was indicative of a pretty commanding win. 

But his re-election path was much smaller and had his polling held in the 3 Rust Belt states, he still had enough for 270. 

But he fell behind in 2 (PA and Michigan) and was significantly behind in the Sun Belt states. 

Moreover, Biden was polling behind other Dems running in the same states. Kamala just needs to close the gap to the same Dem candidates to close the gap. 

10 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

He did win both sets, but he didn’t need to. That he over performed in GA and won the sweep of sunbelt states was indicative of a pretty commanding win. 

But his re-election path was much smaller and had his polling held in the 3 Rust Belt states, he still had enough for 270. 

But he fell behind in 2 (PA and Michigan) and was significantly behind in the Sun Belt states. 

Moreover, Biden was polling behind other Dems running in the same states. Kamala just needs to close the gap to the same Dem candidates to close the gap. 

Sorry what was GA?  The demographic changes are more extreme in the US- I believe some of the southern states are getting younger and more diverse with people moving down for job opportunities like Georgia and the Carolinas. And some of the northern states are getting older and more Republican, along with Florida which doesn't seem to be  a swing state anymore. So yes maybe there is another path to victory but as ever it is probably a couple of million votes in  a few swing states to decide the fate of the free world.

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah. Running mate 

Wonder if it wilm be newsom. Thats who i have my money on

Unlikely imo.

She’ll pick someone who’s male, white and crucially who’ll appeal to middle america. Why would she pick the guy from California. A state she can already bank on and that she has covered herself. It’s got to be someone who can deliver a swing state.

edit - Shapiro would see to fit the bill. Pennsylvania.

Edited by desensitized43
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sorry what was GA?  The demographic changes are more extreme in the US- I believe some of the southern states are getting younger and more diverse with people moving down for job opportunities like Georgia and the Carolinas. And some of the northern states are getting older and more Republican, along with Florida which doesn't seem to be  a swing state anymore. So yes maybe there is another path to victory but as ever it is probably a couple of million votes in  a few swing states to decide the fate of the free world.

GA = Georgia.

And with Kamala on the ticket, Georgia is very much back in play. 

But with so little known polling-wise, it will take weeks to discover where the race is at now. 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whens the debate harris vs trump. Going to be very interesting 

Certainly won't be the car crash we that was the last one. Hopefully she give the Don both barrels. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â