U.S. Politics

maqroll

54 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Too late and its all the democrats own fault. Clown show.

It's so weird how they've played it even from the start. After 2020 it seemed the obvious plan should've been to have Biden front and center for 12-18 months then slowly transition Harris more and more into the spotlight so that she was the clear successor to step up for this election, but the DNC is apparently full of weirdos obsessed with political dynasties

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Every time this happened a Republican became president.

More of a factoid than a grand conclusion 

Well, the conclusion is that the electoral college is biased toward the lower populated states which overwhelmingly vote Republican.

7 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

It's so weird how they've played it even from the start. After 2020 it seemed the obvious plan should've been to have Biden front and center for 12-18 months then slowly transition Harris more and more into the spotlight so that she was the clear successor to step up for this election, but the DNC is apparently full of weirdos obsessed with political dynasties

It is because Harris has been crap and has had until recently even lower poll ratings for doddery old Joe. 

6 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Kinda sorta the way it played out with RBG and SCOTUS. She/everyone knew she was on her last legs but she didn’t read the writing in the wall & retire while Obama was still in office. The rest is painful history 

Well it should energise those that were bored of Biden. 

The main thing should be stopping trump. If voters don't get out and do that then America deserve what they get. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Michelle, do it for us. It's just 4 years. You can bring Barack and the dogs, I'll fly over and help you with the wallpaper, I'll even charge less than what I did Boris.

There's no way Boris paid for anything. Unless you're one of his kids?

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I find it interesting that so many are behind the notion that he’s too far gone to stay in the race yet believe him still able to effectively serve out his term until next January. 

If it’s Harris that runs then the GOP aren’t going to push that angle because it would push her front and centre for the months leading up to the election.

A couple of other unrelated thoughts…

If it is Harris, they already have $200mil in the pot for campaigning, that’s a hell of a head start.

The Dem media can now also start pushing the Trump mental state much harder than previously, for the obvious reason

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

If it’s Harris that runs then the GOP aren’t going to push that angle because it would push her front and centre for the months leading up to the election.

A couple of other unrelated thoughts…

If it is Harris, they already have $200mil in the pot for campaigning, that’s a hell of a head start.

The Dem media can now also start pushing the Trump mental state much harder than previously, for the obvious reason

And race/religion/gender/age/moral standing/education/life experience.

The shots should be coming hard and fast whoever they pick. 

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

One note, an immense gratitude to Biden, last of an old kind of politics that have some semblance of doing the “right” thing for the good of the country. Many of lesser men would’ve clung on to the bitter end, much as Trump did. 

Two, while there are some downsides to Kamala, I do think this has ironically been best timed for her to win. Only those engrained into politics will have any idea of her political history. To the general populace, she’s just VP Harris. 

While she is not charismatic as an Obama or amongst contemporaries, Newsom or Buttigieg, she has that normalcy of a boring politician. While far from a normal person, she is the opposite of a salesman, which is no surprise given her prosecutorial background. Despite the obvious gender and race difference, she is not so far apart from Starmer. A mostly center left bore (political ideology shifted right for the US of course).

And on that end, she has an advantage. The structural fundraising and campaign already built for her (she is a terrible campaigner). The soft incumbency of a VP. Being different and younger than either Trump or Biden. And not as many days to build an attack against her - only 60 days until early voting. And - again I don’t have the data to back this up - but maybe a repeat to have the first woman President without the baggage of a Clinton and the knowledge instead of the unknown of a Trump presidency. 

The progressives are okay with her. The moderates will back her. The youth vote is way more apt to vote for her than Biden. And there are never Trumper millennials like me who were voting no matter what. 

Still an underdog but when you’re losing, do you want to swap out Trezegeut for El Ghazi or bring out the wild card Duran?

• Like 4

Regarding the polling of Harris. Surely it's unreliable to rely on data gathered when it was merely a hypothetical question when everyone was thinking it was going to be a Biden v Trump contest. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Don't think I could cope with constantly hearing her nasal whiney voice mind. 

You'd prefer Trump's braying? 

I guess a better man / president would have fallen on his sword months ago when it became obvious to all that he’s no long mentally fit for the demands of the role 

But at least he’s been forced to give his party a fighting chance now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I guess a better man / president would have fallen on his sword months ago when it became obvious to all that he’s no long mentally fit for the demands of the role 

But at least he’s been forced to give his party a fighting chance now 

I don’t know, I think all leaders (Presidents or even managers) are going to back themselves until almost the bitter end. 

And time will tell, but I do think the timing here is actually more helpful than harming for Harris. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â