U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

No, you'd have his son or some other member of the clan following him. He'd have had 4 more years to destroy things and set up his dictatorship. 

His loss, the attempted coup, his legal troubles, all potentially make people stand up and got him away again. 

Unless they totally dismantled the Constitution and the U.S. government and spawned a true dictatorship,  there is no way in hell any of his kids or their respective spouses would be elected POTUS. 

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The biggest ‘sliding doors moment’ was the Gore - Bush ‘hanging chads’ election. 

Imagine a world with no Iraq war, with genuine climate change action starting 20 years ago etc, and all taken away because Gore’s winning votes in Florida were disqualified by Republican judges. 

Thanks for the reminder 🙄

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Just mental.

The modern day Democratic Party are center right.

I'm starting to wonder whether he does actually know this is bullshit, and he's one of those guys just trying to 'move the Overton window' ever rightwards. He hangs out with people very invested in such ideals it seems.

Either that or he's a complete fool.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, limpid said:

I don't think those two options are mutually exclusive.

Ah yes indeed. I agree. He's both. And a massive clearing in the woods. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Trumps chances of winning election declining

Good read. A lot of the media seem to be portraying it as it's already over. Yet recent polls aren't showing that. 

I don’t really understand their model. All the polls are currently showing Trump ahead in the battleground states (plus Republicans have a natural advantage in the electoral college), yet Biden is more likely to win the election?

I assume they’re extrapolating from the direction of travel and historical trends that the polls will narrow as we approach November? Because based on the current polls Biden looks well behind, and if the election was run today he’d probably lose badly.

Edited by Panto_Villan

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Just mental.

The modern day Democratic Party are center right.

This is why left / right political analysis is and always has been meaningless nonsense.

Especially as Musk is only comparing based on his own views and especially currently he’s fixated on the California School Trans thing. Which has absolutely nothing to do with any left right economic issue. It’s a social issue and he chooses not to understand that 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rolta said:

I'm starting to wonder whether he does actually know this is bullshit, and he's one of those guys just trying to 'move the Overton window' ever rightwards. He hangs out with people very invested in such ideals it seems.

Either that or he's a complete fool.  

He's fallen down the rabbit hole. Like so many others, he just happens to have a high profile.

29 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He's fallen down the rabbit hole. Like so many others, he just happens to have a high profile.

I disagree. It's all part of Musk's ponzi. He needs the government funding to keep pumping the grift and this is his best angle to ensure that gravy train continues because Trump is so predictably transactional.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He owns the **** rabbit hole! 

• Like 2

Biden saying he will only consider dropping out if he has a medical reason and then just hours later CNN reports Biden has Covid :ph34r::D

13 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Bit of a meaty conspiracy theory. Enjoy it before it’s debunked! 

If you read to the end of the thread it seems he’s already got the explanation. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â