U.S. Politics

maqroll

42 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Doesn't surprise me. The idea that this shooting was going to make loads of people either decide to vote for him or switch their vote for him seemed crazy. 

No one claimed it would switch voters to him.

It has energised his voters and energised voters are more likely to actually follow through and vote. 

Meanwhile Biden is busy putting his voters to sleep. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

It has energised his voters and energised voters are more likely to actually follow through and vote. 

Good point LL

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I think the threat of trump and what the supreme court is doing also energises voters. 

Many people predicted a red wave in the last mid terms but it didn't happen. Voters were energised by what the republicans were doing with abortion and other issues. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think the threat of trump and what the supreme court is doing also energises voters. 

Many people predicted a red wave in the last mid terms but it didn't happen. Voters were energised by what the republicans were doing with abortion and other issues. 

I agree, like what we saw in France, people who generally don’t vote might feel more compelled than usual to do so to block another Trump term. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think that is the only last slim hope - that there are enough reasonable people left who have woken up to how dangerous Trump is, that they'll turn out and vote for Biden, even against their better judgement, as a 'just stop Trump' vote. I can't really see it, though. 

And the MAGAs are so confident of a win, their 'stolen election' conspiracy would kick off even bigger than last time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree, like what we saw in France, people who generally don’t vote might feel more compelled than usual to do so to block another Trump term. 

What happened in France does give some hope. 

People should be energised by the serious threat 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Yes, I think the Democrat vote will largely be anti Trump rather than much genuine enthusiasm for Biden.

Which is why I can’t understand this claim that it’s too late to change candidates because “the new candidate doesn’t have Biden’s name recognition.”

• Like 2

Starting to wish Trump won in 2020.

That way he'd be almost done for good and the Democrats would probably be going into the election, more likely to win and with someone other than Biden.

18 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

That way he'd be almost done for good and the Democrats would probably be going into the election, more likely to win and with someone other than Biden.

A sliding doors moment with a football equivalent, perhaps, of us losing that first playoff final under Bruce, but with opposite wins and losses. 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

No, you'd have his son or some other member of the clan following him. He'd have had 4 more years to destroy things and set up his dictatorship. 

His loss, the attempted coup, his legal troubles, all potentially make people stand up and got him away again. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

His loss, the attempted coup, his legal troubles, all potentially make people stand up and got him away again. 

And yet here we are, so close to letting him back in, completely escaping punishment for trying to steal the presidency.

At least his supporters won't be able to pretend that they didn't know. Including his own Vice President calling him "a moral disaster", "American's Hitler", but going along for the ride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

The biggest ‘sliding doors moment’ was the Gore - Bush ‘hanging chads’ election. 

Imagine a world with no Iraq war, with genuine climate change action starting 20 years ago etc, and all taken away because Gore’s winning votes in Florida were disqualified by Republican judges. 

Yeah that's quite depressing to think about. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â