U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Yikes. But on the plus side surely we can now just put two fingers up to the bastards - no more red carpet for that lot. (By which I mean MAGAs)

No chance of that happening, we'll play nicely for 4 years and hope that normal politics returns in 2029, no sense in burning bridges with a close ally because of this pair of ballbags.

It will be a tense 4 years that our government try to grit their teeth through, knowing that the only "special relationship" Trump respects is his one with Putin at one end and a ballgag at the other.

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The special relationship has been dead for years. Our armed forces are a litteral laughing stock in the US, and US advisors have indicated to our counterparts that we'll need to get our act together because at this rate we're not even top 5 in Europe.

Look at it from the US perspective, they've invested a lot into their defense, and we've literally cut our once famed armed forces to shreds.

Excellent. Maybe someone else can be their lapdogs to get dragged into foreign conquests :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yikes. But on the plus side surely we can now just put two fingers up to the bastards - no more red carpet for that lot. (By which I mean MAGAs)

As much as we dont like it we have no EU membership anymore. The UK needs their strongest ally the US. Its not like we have a lot of friends these days.

I wonder how Putin cozying up to Iran and China will fare with Trump. Historically Trump has been extremely hard on both China and Iran, and now his best mate Vlad has ditched him for Xi and Teheran. It'll make his pea-sized brain work hard, for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

No chance of that happening, we'll play nicely for 4 years and hope that normal politics returns in 2029, no sense in burning bridges with a close ally because of this pair of ballbags.

It will be a tense 4 years that our government try to grit their teeth through, knowing that the only "special relationship" Trump respects is his one with Putin at one end and a ballgag at the other.

The only “special relationship” he has is with Ivanka 🙄

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Excellent. Maybe someone else can be their lapdogs to get dragged into foreign conquests :) 

I agree, but we're not exactly flush with friends. We'll need to either work together with Europe or the US.

• Like 1

I wonder if the average American will be able to see the danger that is now front and centre of Trumps' party. There is still some time to go and Vance is absolutely incendiary - we saw with abortion how it backfired against the republicans, I wonder if they've gone too far too soon.

In other news, our Liz showed up, must be trying to get in on the US grift now she's surplus to requirements.

It's not clear if she was able to find her way into the building.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Despite the ugly nature of the comments, it bodes well for the special relationship doesn’t it?

Plenty of Americans seem to have bought in to this trope - "I've heard Birmingham is under Shariah law, and is a no-go area for white Christians", etc. 

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In other news, our Liz showed up, must be trying to get in on the US grift now she's surplus to requirements.

Liz Truss has the personality of an amoeba and doesn’t have the capacity to board the grift train… it’s really quite sad and pitiful she is desperate to stay in the public eye.

let it go Liz, no one cares what you think or say - give it up and enjoy your lifetime pension for your 46 days of public servitude… 

• Like 1

At least after the botched assassination attempt half dead Joe won't have to endure another debate. Trump doesn't need to do anything special now to win comfortably.

Edited by villa89

57 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Plenty of Americans seem to have bought in to this trope - "I've heard Birming - HAM is under Shariah law, and is a no-go area for white Christians", etc. 

FTFY

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

😂

maybe she looking for another economy to crash. Worst PM ever

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

The only “special relationship” he has is with Ivanka 🙄

The only special relationship he has is with women who resemble Marla Marples allegedly

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â