U.S. Politics

maqroll

8 hours ago, Genie said:

It might take an assassination to get them to look at the gun laws, might…

🤣 there’s not a damn thing that can/will happen to get “them” to take a look at gun laws…unless it’s to further loosen or outright abolish them altogether 🤬

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yeh of course, I don't know how far away he was.

Just seems like a very shit attempt when you spray 8 shots and miss the guy you are aiming at yet hit everyone around him. Would like to know how likely that outcome is from the situation, maybe a 1% chance that he misses Trump completely? 

Everything I read last night before crashing said the shots were taking from about 500 feet away. Have yet to read any news this so morning so this info may have changed overnight 

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

They way I see it if the majority of usa  voters elect him they get what they deserve. 

That’s the thing: with the damned Electoral College he can win without getting the majority of the votes. He already did it once 🙄 Same with Bush in 2000. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That’s hyperbole. It will be four horrible chaotic years and then the Democrats will spend 8 trying to set it right again. 

This is against a man who refused to accept the last presidential election and  who encouraged an insurrection. And now has a alt-right supreme court to go along with what he wants to do.  If he wins all bets are off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, choffer said:

All quiet on that front so far. Over here in the US, yours are the questions the news is repeatedly asking but seemingly nobody has the answers yet

It’s been less than 24 hours

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

How have his protection detail kept him on stage for this photo? 

From the time he went to the ground until they finally got him offstage their relative lack of urgency was stunning. Like they were moving at half-speed. The whole waiting until he had his shoes thing was 🤯

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Has Biden said anything about this? 

It would be diplomatic to condemn the shooting, at the very least. 

Yes, shortly after it happened. Both issued a written statement and spoke on camera 

19 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

This is against a man who refused to accept the last presidential election and  who encouraged an insurrection. And now has an alt-right supreme court to go along with what he wants to do.  If he wins all bets are off.

And his people are already quite publicly planning how to contest this coming election should he lose 

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/13/us/politics/republican-election-campaign-2024.html?unlocked_article_code=1.7E0.bRMp.ZZ1MLxVHYzVz&smid=url-share

The Republican Party and its conservative allies are engaged in an unprecedented legal campaign targeting the American voting system. Their wide-ranging and methodical effort is laying the groundwork to contest an election that they argue, falsely, is already being rigged against former President Donald J. Trump.

The campaign involves a powerful network of Republican lawyers and activist groups, working loosely in concert with the Republican National Committee. Many of the key players were active in Mr. Trump’s attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

But unlike the chaotic and improvised challenge four years ago, the new drive includes a systematic search for any vulnerability in the nation’s patchwork election system.

Mr. Trump’s allies have followed a two-pronged approach: restricting voting for partisan advantage ahead of Election Day and short-circuiting the process of ratifying the winner afterward, if Mr. Trump loses. The latter strategy involves an ambitious — and legally dubious — attempt to reimagine decades of settled law dictating how results are officially certified in the weeks before the transfer of power.

At the heart of the strategy is a drive to convince voters that the election is about to be stolen, even without evidence. Democrats use mail voting, drop boxes and voter registration drives to swing elections, they have argued. And Mr. Trump’s indictments and criminal conviction are a Biden administration gambit to interfere with the election, they claim.

“As things stand right now, there’s zero chance of a free and fair election,” Mike Howell, a project director at the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, said at an event this week. “I’m formally accusing the Biden administration of creating the conditions that most reasonable policymakers and officials cannot in good conscience certify an election.”

The legal campaign, which has come into focus as Republicans prepare to nominate Mr. Trump at their convention next week, has been quietly playing out in courts, statehouses and county boards for months, and is concentrated in critical battlegrounds.

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just watching latest update on AJ. Shooter was 150m away. I'm no expert but I'm guessing unless trained that's not an easy shot

Trained marksmen yes, bog standard shot, easy. A trained sniper is taking shots 400yrds+

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

FB_IMG_1720982276881.jpg

I never knew Kim Jong-Un was in the Secret Service.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, villarule123 said:

GSZsE3vWEAAi4_5?format=jpg&name=large

Well if he wasn't winning the Election, he certainly is now.

Isn't the flag flying upside down a sign that the country is in danger or something like that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

And one of the ninja turtles

Mbappe!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

They did another song?

Apparently 😉

I knew a guy, via one of my best friends, who managed Hanson. He also managed Bob Weir (of Grateful Dead), which lead to Hanson joining Weir onstage a few times over the years. Not with GD, of course, the other guys who never have stood for that 🤣 Weir, on the other hand, has no shame 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â