U.S. Politics

maqroll

You're basically gonna get 1 good shot off. The rest will be rushed and more random as trump is shielded and people move about in panic.

So 1 shot at 150m for an untrained (I'm making this assumption - probably self taught) shooter.

He didn't miss from 30 yards.  150m is a long distance and he actually got his ear. 

Edited by Jon
Sentence structure

I’ve fired a shotgun in Ireland when visiting family and it’s not easy at all. Someone who’s not experienced in firing guns will find it hard to hit a specific target(Trumps head) even at close range. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

As much as we all hate Trump with their history of assassinations of presidents and would be presidents this is another bad day for the USA. All it will do is galvanise the support for Trump as well. 

I fear what some of the gun nuts would have done if he had died 

2 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He wasn't a political opponent of the shooter. Joe Biden didn't do this.

He would’ve fell asleep lining up the crosshairs then woke up, not knowing where he was

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Donald Trump, Champion of democracy.

Do you honestly think he could end democracy? He might try to but he wont be able to.  Not a chance in hell that happens

1 hour ago, Jon said:

With the info we have on the shooter, the fact he wasn't a trained sniper and was at a pretty long distance, him actually getting his ear is actually a fairly decent shot.  

Nah, with all the gun ranges in the US do some practice. You know it's you only chance to get kill on the board, got to be out there doing the hours on the range to hone your technique. He had max two shots to get the job done. He blew it.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

They way I see it if the majority of usa  voters elect him they get what they deserve. 

I would agree if it only affects them, but unfortunately it will affect the world. 

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

You realise he already tried to overturn a democratic decision? I can’t believe any one can ask this question

He tried and what happened?

Edited by Demitri_C

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He tried and what happened?

It's a lot easier to make it happen once you're in situ. He'll be doing everything he can whilst in power to extend his authority. If he's tried it once so brazenly and openly you can be damn sure he'll try again. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It's a lot easier to make it happen once your in situ. He'll be doing everything he can whilst in power to extend his authority. If he's tried it once so brazenly and openly you can be damn sure he'll try again. 

He failed last time and will fail again. Just like i said in the post and it was spinned differently to what i actually said

Just now, Demitri_C said:

He failed last time and will fail again. Just like i said in the post and it was spinned differently to what i actually said

People probably said that about Hitler until Paul von Hindenburg passed The Enabling Act of 1933. It's entirely possible for a democracy to be hijacked.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

People probably said that about Hitler until Paul von Hindenburg passed The Enabling Act of 1933. It's entirely possible for a democracy to be hijacked.

Yup, I posted earlier in the week, I'm certain he'll try a third term. If trump gets back into office, he isn't peacefully walking out in four years.

Best case scenario is he dies of natural causes before he tries to overthrow democracy again.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â