U.S. Politics

maqroll

They keep calling this an act of "political violence". Is there any evidence for this? I'm reminded of Peter Gabriel's song Family Snapshot about an assassination attempt and the lyric:

I don't really hate you

I don't care what you do

We were made for each other, me and you

I want to be somebody

You were like that, too

If you don't get given, you learn to take

And I will take you

From a pure political perspective, I'll be interested to see what this does to his favourability, I think he's such a divisive character with opinions so locked in that it might not move the needle at all.

That doesn't mean some democrats won't be absolutely appalled by it, I just don't think it'll change their opinion of him, or have an impact on the polls.

Edited by Davkaus

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It would be a good thing in my book if he was killed, he's no loss. You're right though he was already going to win the election and now this cements that. Democrats might as well leave half dead Joe in the race now. 

What's surprising is that at these rallies the candidates aren't behind bullet proof glass. I'm sure that will change now. Anyone competent would have got the kill shot. 

The problem is you kill a political opponent because you dont agree with their political stance where does it end?

As well documented i dislike safiq khan as much as a lot on here do with trump. Do i want harm to him? Absolutely not. I cant even believe some people want him dead. Its just madness 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

How do you fire 8 shots and basically miss the person you are aiming at yet manage to kill someone else and critically injure two others. 

The ones killed were the people stood/sat behind Trump 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

How do you fire 8 shots and basically miss the person you are aiming at yet manage to kill someone else and critically injure two others. 

Trump was shot through the ear....amazingly, unreal it was that close.

The person who died and the one injured were in his vicinity.

It's not as easy to shoot someone from distance as you might think tbh.

The fact he was literally an inch from a straight head shot, is unreal tbh.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

It's not surprising many people thinking conspiracy/false flag. Weird photo op had Iwo Jima vibes. If was Russia or Turkey say, news media would probably suggest it. I want to say appalling security to allow sniper shot in obvious location that should've been locked down but US Airport security let 9/11 happen. I remember my Teddy bear getting checked as a 5 year old in early 80s at Auckland airport. 

Edited by Kiwivillan

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The problem is you kill a political opponent because you dont agree with their political stance where does it end?

As well documented i dislike safiq khan as much as a lot on here do with trump. Do i want harm to him? Absolutely not. I cant even believe some people want him dead. Its just madness 

He wasn't a political opponent of the shooter. Joe Biden didn't do this.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I didnt say biden was responsible i think you mis took what i wrote.

There is no conspiracy this was just some lunatic and it never should have happened.  Serious questions need to be asked about the security 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He didn't have to. The MAGAs will say he was behind it. 

We are in the post-truth era. 

16 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It would be a good thing in my book if he was killed, he's no loss. You're right though he was already going to win the election and now this cements that. Democrats might as well leave half dead Joe in the race now. 

What's surprising is that at these rallies the candidates aren't behind bullet proof glass. I'm sure that will change now. Anyone competent would have got the kill shot. 

If you think killing a politician in any democratic county is OK, you need to check your head.

If we can kill politicians in a democratic country that we don't agree with, that isn't a democracy.

Additionally, if you think trump is some form if extremist, this kind of thing only makes that extremism worse, and if anyone can kill a politician and people approve, that' only breeds extremism and makes anything acceptable 

Whether you despise or hate any politician, advocating them being killed for their politics, in a democracy, is absolutely the stupidest thing, and not only means we aren't in a democracy, but also makes extremism more likely 

Madness.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Trump was shot through the ear....amazingly, unreal it was that close.

The person who died and the one injured were in his vicinity.

It's not as easy to shoot someone from distance as you might think tbh.

The fact he was literally an inch from a straight head shot, is unreal tbh.

Yeh of course, I don't know how far away he was.

Just seems like a very shit attempt when you spray 8 shots and miss the guy you are aiming at yet hit everyone around him. Would like to know how likely that outcome is from the situation, maybe a 1% chance that he misses Trump completely? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

He didn't have to. The MAGAs will say he was behind it. 

We are in the post-truth era. 

They already are. And Farrage fanning the flames by saying Liberals and their voice on Trump caused this. Similar message from Russia.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I didnt say biden was responsible i think you mis took what i wrote.

There is no conspiracy this was just some lunatic and it never should have happened.  Serious questions need to be asked about the security 

You should have used the word politician not political opponent.

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Murder or assassination for perceived greater good. No turning back when you go there and where do you go from there? Anything is justifiable 

Doesn't matter if it's Trump, or Putin, or Hitler, or whoever. 

You don't beat the bad guy by becoming the bad guy yourself. Political assassinations are murder and wrong.

You beat scum like that by beating them the right way, by due process, democracy and rule of law.

Get them out of power, arrest them for their crimes and use the courts to show the world why what they did was wrong. Then let them rot in a cell forever more. Don't sink to their level and validate their actions. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I don't want Trump or Putin assassinated. 

I want them tried, exposed, publicly humiliated and locked up for a very long time. 

Exactly how it should be.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â