U.S. Politics

maqroll

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

This sounds like a massive, totally unacceptable blunder by the security teams. That interview with the guy who saw the shooter on the roof... Just what were Trump's security guys doing? Madness.

US FB friend who served in Afghanistan post was how the hell did they not clear obvious sniper vantage point

• Like 1

Seems like a pretty big security issue this. I thought they'd have blocked of all roof tops that can look directly at where the rally is taking place. 

Having said that with how mental the world has gone I am surprised we don't see this happen more often.

Witness says he saw gunman on roof near Trump rally

A man with a rifle was seen on a rooftop minutes before shots were fired at a Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania, a witness has told the BBC.

Greg Smith said the man had crawled on top of a building just outside the event in Butler County on Friday evening.

He said he pointed the gunman out to police.

"I'm thinking to myself 'Why is Trump still speaking, why have they not pulled him off the stage'... the next thing you know, five shots ring out."

Mr Smith was listening from outside the rally and said he saw the gunman around five minutes into Trump's speech.

"We noticed the guy bear-crawling up the roof of the building beside us, 50ft away," he said. "He had a rifle, we could clearly see a rifle.

"We're pointing at him, the police are down there running around on the ground, we're like 'Hey man, there's a guy on the roof with a rifle'... and the police did not know what was going on."

Mr Smith said he tried to alert the authorities for three to four minutes, but thought they probably could not see the gunman because of the slope of the roof.

"Why is there not Secret Service on all of these roofs here?" he asked. "This is not a big place. "[It's a] security failure, 100% security failure."

He said he later saw the agents shoot the gunman: "They crawled up on the roof, they had their guns pointed at him, made sure he was dead. He was dead, and that was it - it was over."

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cn4v7v2g5l1o

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s only so much anyone can do in a country with so many high power guns circulating in the general public.

Someone motivated and organised could get it done I expect.

Yeah, I get that, but it was obviously a good sniper location for starters, and more concerningly, people were telling the police and security guys there was someone on the roof with a rifle prior to the shooting, I'd have thought they least they could have done was radio over and get Trump off the stage and start clearing the area. Sounds like they had time.

I guess maybe it didn't pan out that way in real time, and the guy talking to the BBC wasn't quite right in his recollections, but on the face of it it seems like a big error.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Of course it does, it goes some way to alleviating a republican vs democrat civil war.

Fair point. Has he always voted republican then? Oe just that voted for them in last election.  Would be interesting to see of he voted trump in the last two elections 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fair point. Has he always voted republican then? Oe just that voted for them in last election.  Would be interesting to see of he voted trump in the last two elections 

He was 20.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Registered republic in 2021. He wasn't old enough to vote at the last presidential election.

i was surprised to see VT’s first instinct was that this was  all faked , followed by regret that the would be assassin couldn’t shoot straight , followed by comparisons to Trump , Hitler and Nazi Germany

and then I remembered what forum I was on .. and wasn’t that surprised at all 😀

If someone put a bullet between Putins eyes , I’m fairly sure my reaction will be , take that you word removed , so I suppose in that regard I’d be  no different to some of the comments on here 

• Like 1

Absolutely appalling that he has been shot at. In no way do I want somebody dead, including Trump, but this empower Trump and cause more division. I do wonder if something worst than the Jan 6th event may happen.

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If someone put a bullet between Putins eyes , I’m fairly sure my reaction will be , take that you word removed , so I suppose in that regard I’d be  no different to some of the comments on here 

Yup, and I'd be with you, we might just disagree on why, because that son of a bitch has given the world far too many reasons to want him dead - Ukraine is one reason, but my take on it would be that when the target is someone that has absolutely crushed democracy, corrupted the instruments on the state and used them to lock themselves in power, frankly, violence is the only way to remove them.

Trump isn't in that position, but it certainly isn't for lack of trying, and if he gets in this time, his next attempt to secure power despite the election will be much better prepared.

The ballot box works brilliantly, while all participants respect the ballot box.

Edited by Davkaus

14 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'm somewhat being sardonic. But Trump isn't someone I'd mourn being killed. He's a bad guy. He's bad for humanity. He's basically no redeeming features as a person. What he represents is bad all ends up - he tried to prevent the peaceful transfer of power because power was useful to him personally and he leads a personality cult.

Trying to kill him and missing is about the worst possible outcome for everyone. It'll embolden him, and he's not the kind of man that is doing to have a come to Jesus moment about whether he has any responsibility for creating the environment that lead to his being fired on - he'll double down. And it boosts his chances against an already disarrayed opponent. 

So yeah, clipping him is a sad moment really. If you were going to go for him, you needed to get him. You'd open Pandora's box either way, but a world without him pursuing power is probably better than one where someone grazed his ear.

Put it better than I ever could to be honest.

If you get to take a shot at the king, you better not miss.

He’ll play up to this now. Shame.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Registered republic in 2021. He wasn't old enough to vote at the last presidential election.

What does it mean when people say someone is a registered Republican/Democrat? Is it like joining Labour/Tories, and you pay monthly fees?

6 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

What does it mean when people say someone is a registered Republican/Democrat? Is it like joining Labour/Tories, and you pay monthly fees?

It's basically just joining their mailing list, you don't even have to pay

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Ffs

Yeah this is going to end badly. He will win the Presidency based on this and Biden being incredibly poor. This is bad. That image will be used again and again. Scary times.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Ffs

Fortunately I think there are former cast members of Hollyoaks who hold more political gravitas than Truss. 

Just the latest attempt to ingratiate herself with the Trump folk in the hope someone will give her money and attention. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â