U.S. Politics

maqroll

44 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Because Trumps rusted on voters will vote for him regardless but Biden’s unsuitability will cause enough voters to stay at home that the Democrats lose the election. 

16 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Because Trumps rusted on voters will vote for him regardless but Biden’s unsuitability will cause enough voters to stay at home that the Democrats lose the election. 

I’m not sure that second part is true.  

Aside from the Biden supporters, there are people that are anti-Trump, vasts that are sickened by the right wing attack on abortion and women’s health, the overreaching of the Supreme Court, nevermind things like Project 2025, Trump blocking bipartisan border agreement and Jan 6th.  

If it was Biden vs Trump you may have a point but it’s Biden/Anti-Trump vs Trump.

Trump has his base locked in but still plenty of Republican vote that wasn’t part of the base.  So yes Biden will lose votes but so will Trump.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not sure that second part is true.  

Aside from the Biden supporters, there are people that are anti-Trump, vasts that are sickened by the right wing attack on abortion and women’s health, the overreaching of the Supreme Court, nevermind things like Project 2025, Trump blocking bipartisan border agreement and Jan 6th.  

If it was Biden vs Trump you may have a point but it’s Biden/Anti-Trump vs Trump.

Trump has his base locked in but still plenty of Republican vote that wasn’t part of the base.  So yes Biden will lose votes but so will Trump.

IMG-9701.gif

🍻

5 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Biden just welcomed Zelenskky to the stage to give a speech and introduced him as President Putin...

It's so **** sad watching this, he's absolutely done. Put your feet up, Joe.

• Like 2

Biden just welcomed Zelenskky to the stage to give a speech and introduced him as President Putin...

When Trump came here after the disastrous Camp Fire in 2018 that virtually destroyed the town of Paradise (neighboring town to Chico) he called it Pleasure instead. It was also the same speech were he infamously mentioned raking the forests 

• Thanks 1

I think even if the Dems replace him now with 4 months to the election it will all be too late, should never have been allowed to go on this long.

• Like 1

I think even if the Dems replace him now with 4 months to the election it will all be too late, should never have been allowed to go on this long.

IMG-9420.gif

15 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Think that'll be the nail in the coffin for him.

He catches it pretty quick, tbf. It's the kind of minor gaff you'd just laugh off if it was a one off from a younger bloke, but on top of everything else...

3 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Oh Biden lad. This is your Milliband Bacon Sandwich moment. 

Oh this is far worse than that.

Just now, Avfc96 said:

Oh this is far worse than that.

Yeah I agree, as someone else posted, if it was a one off, it'd be laughed off, but when people are already unsure, this becomes a big stick to beat him with. 

• Like 3

On 03/07/2024 at 13:00, pas5898 said:

Still a bit of a reach to suggest America is doomed because some looneys went to the Whitehouse after the last election, and to be fair to him - he literally stated hours before to remain peaceful IIRC.

I see @Panto_Villan point about Nato, but really that affects us (in the UK) more than America who are safely nestled behind their years of over spending on military.

@bickster - Fair point. But it's also fair to state the general outcry towards his suggestion of Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine (yes I googled it) was greatly exaggerated, mainly because it was Trump.

I just don't understand this whole ferver towards America being doomed, because some buffoon is going to be in the Whitehouse? Is it really that bad? Am I being naive? 

You asked, here’s a a very thorough answer. It’s a long editorial but worth the time. I have “shared” this so no subscription needed to read it 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/07/11/opinion/editorials/donald-trump-2024-unfit.html?unlocked_article_code=1.6U0.FE52._SqsHCHtVwVk&smid=url-share

Mr. Trump has shown a character unworthy of the responsibilities of the presidency. He has demonstrated an utter lack of respect for the Constitution, the rule of law and the American people. Instead of a cogent vision for the country’s future, Mr. Trump is animated by a thirst for political power: to use the levers of government to advance his interests, satisfy his impulses and exact retribution against those who he thinks have wronged him.

He is, quite simply, unfit to lead.

The Democrats are rightly engaged in their own debate about whether President Biden is the right person to carry the party’s nomination into the election, given widespread concerns among voters about his age-related fitness. This debate is so intense because of legitimate concerns that Mr. Trump may present a danger to the country, its strength, security and national character — and that a compelling Democratic alternative is the only thing that would prevent his return to power. It is a national tragedy that the Republicans have failed to have a similar debate about the manifest moral and temperamental unfitness of their standard-bearer, instead setting aside their longstanding values, closing ranks and choosing to overlook what those who worked most closely with the former president have described as his systematic dishonesty, corruption, cruelty and incompetence.

That task now falls to the American people. We urge voters to see the dangers of a second Trump term clearly and to reject it. The stakes and significance of the presidency demand a person who has essential qualities and values to earn our trust, and on each one, Donald Trump fails.

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

Got asked if he had any concerns about Harris' ability to beat Trump if she was to be the Presidential nominee.

He responded, '"I wouldn't have picked Vice-President Trump to be Vice President if she wasn't qualified to be president".

They need to get rid of him in the morning.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â