U.S. Politics

maqroll

Biden isn't far off being put in a room, told he's the president, closing the door and the country moves on.

I like him and his politics but I've seen enough elderly people to know where he's at.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

WH doctors are always questioned from Ronny Jackson for Trump and I guess this guy (O’Connor) for Biden but take it as you will…

Edited by nick76

3 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

What makes you think Dwayne Johnson is a Democrat? Not that I keep up with him all that closely, but his words and actions strike me as those of a classic fence-straddler

Literally plucked the name of someone famous out of my arse.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

I asked that because his name gets mentioned here a lot, much of it due to him seemingly thinking he’s cut from presidential cloth 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I asked that because his name gets mentioned here a lot, much of it due to him seemingly thinking he’s cut from presidential cloth 

Now that you mention it I think I've heard that before  Says a lot about the state of western democracy.

I mean say what you want about Labour, but I doubt they ever thought "Boris is a tough one to beat, let's see if Jason Statham is up for it"

• Haha 1

A poll just came out having Harris leading against Trump by a point and also having Hillary leading him, with other possible Democratic replacements trailing Trump.  I frankly don't get too worried about other Democrats trailing Trump at this point.   A lot of it is name recognition, and a lot of the population isn't engaged enough (yet?) to have paid a lot of attention to alternatives to Biden.  The ones who like Trump are going to go for him regardless of who the pollster is putting against him.   The ones who aren't sure about Trump and don't know much about the prospective opponent are going to answer "undecided", meaning Trump shows as polling better against them than Biden or Harris.

One of the polls showing Michelle Obama beating Trump by double digits was telling in that Trump only got 39% in that poll.   That shows that a lot of Americans would love to vote for someone other than Trump.  But  Biden's age and the GOP's success at hammering it home combined with the higher prices that linger (despite the inflation rate declining and having been lower than most Western countries post-COVID) leads a significant number of them to side with Trump over Biden.  I also think that many of those voters aren't engaged enough to know about stuff like Project 2025 to be scared of Trump.  

• Like 1

If Biden stays I can't see anything other than a Trump win. He needs to swallow his pride and step aside, for the sake of the nation.

I believe he won last time on competency and that isn't there this time. It's painful watching/listening to him.

• Like 2

I find it mind blowing that people fear an old Biden over what Trump will be like in power. 

Biden could be in a coma and he'd be less damaging to the world than trump.

• Like 4

Just now, DCJonah said:

I find it mind blowing that people fear an old Biden over what Trump will be like in power. 

As someone who doesn't pay too much attention to the US, it seems like Biden must have a good team around him. He's done a pretty good job up until now, which given the state he seems to be in, I guess is down to those around him. So yeah, it seems crazy people would rather wannabe strong man like Trump with a team of nutty sycophants rather than a frail old Biden who will just let the competent people get on with it. 

• Like 1

A vote for Trump will be a vote for Project 2025.

Magalites will be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think there is people who would never vote for Trump but won't vote for Biden either.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I think there is people who would never vote for Trump but won't vote for Biden either.

This

it’s the independents that decide elections in the US. 

3 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I'd say not voting for Biden in this election is the same as voting for trump. 

15 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

He'd have to stop trying to grift his fan's by selling them every single random item and bit of junk that he possibly can or doing dodgy charity funding to be president. Although, after what Trump has gotten up to then I guess maybe not. 

16 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

George Clooney has waded in to say Biden should step down.  A big donor to the Democrats, incredibly famous and probably guaranteed the female vote.

Edited by sharkyvilla

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â