U.S. Politics

maqroll

21 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

I'm not sure why you don't see the problem - he tried as hard as he could to overturn the result of the election, but failed because a few key members of his own party stood up to him. Most of them have now been hounded out of the party, and the Supreme Court (which he stacked with hardline Republicans) has just ruled that pretty much anything the President does in power is above the law.

Even the lawmakers who were literally in the Capitol building when it was stormed by Trump supporters, and had to be evacuated after the secret service shot someone dead while they were trying to break down the doors of the room they were in, are now downplaying those events because they know Trump will end the career of anyone that crosses him. At the time, many of them were saying Trump should be permanently disqualified from office.

Trump refused to deploy the national guard to restore order for hours, or even give a speech asking them to leave. Whereas the defence secretary at the time is on record saying Trump asked if he could deploy the military to shoot the BLM protestors after George Floyd's death. Again, the Supreme Court has just ruled he's now immune from prosecution if he did that in his second term, and all his cabinet picks are going to be MAGA devotees that won't try to hold him back this time around (they weren't all MAGA-heads last time, because nobody actually expected Trump to win so he didn't really have many to call on).

Trump has demolished many of the checks on his power that were holding him back in his first term, and he's already shown everyone what he wants to do with unchecked power. What could possibly go wrong?

Couldn’t say it any better 👏

22 hours ago, pas5898 said:

I just don't understand this whole ferver towards America being doomed, because some buffoon is going to be in the Whitehouse? Is it really that bad? Am I being naive? 

Sorry mate but if you have followed it in detail you would totally understand why what you are saying is naive.  It’s hard to overstate what will happen if Trump gets back in.  Not only because of Trump but the people around him have plans that are very scary.  If you want to scratch the surface then just start reading about ‘Project 2025’ which is just start and milder stuff of what they want to do before they go to the more extreme items on their list which have been rumoured.

• Like 2

On 04/07/2024 at 11:38, nick76 said:

Sorry mate but if you have followed it in detail you would totally understand why what you are saying is naive.  It’s hard to overstate what will happen if Trump gets back in.  Not only because of Trump but the people around him have plans that are very scary.  If you want to scratch the surface then just start reading about ‘Project 2025’ which is just start and milder stuff of what they want to do before they go to the more extreme items on their list which have been rumoured.

And just this weekend Trump denies knowing anything about Project 2025 🙄

12 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

And just this weekend Trump denies knowing anything about Project 2025 🙄

And in the same speech said that there were some things he likes in it and some he doesn't, but he's not heard of it.

He always takes both sides so that you can never be wrong. He's managed to take three sides on this one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

This SOB is bat 💩 crazy and further illustration of the downward turn my once great home state has taken 🤬

Who'd have thought a downward trajectory from Jesse Helms was even possible.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Do we see Biden dropping out? There are high profile people advocating he does.

Would a competent Democrat beat Trump?

I’d have thought so. Even an incompetent one is touch and go.

The age / coherence thing is likely to become a major distraction in this election (which is great news for Trump as he has plenty of things he wants people to be distracted away from).

42 minutes ago, Genie said:
1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Do we see Biden dropping out? There are high profile people advocating he does.

Would a competent Democrat beat Trump?

I’d have thought so. Even an incompetent one is touch and go.

The age / coherence thing is likely to become a major distraction in this election (which is great news for Trump as he has plenty of things he wants people to be distracted away from).

You still have the same problem I mentioned a few pages ago that there isn’t a viable candidate to replace him and I explained why of the main contenders.  

There currently isn’t a person that brings all the Dem voters together that doesn’t risk the change from Biden. 

The Biden having Parkinson's rumors probably not gonna help either, no matter if it's true or not and no matter how much they deny it. Could have potentially been a less damaging way out had they choose to use it as such.

Get the feeling Biden is too stubborn and has too big an ego to pull out (Kenneth) even if they found a suitable replacement.

Just now, NoelVilla said:

Biden have lost the media. He have no chance from here. Of course they can replace him. Idiots if they don't. 

Yes, I actually think he is done. They need someone to replace him, I haven't a clue who that is. Not Kamala.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

The Biden having Parkinson's rumors probably not gonna help either, no matter if it's true or not and no matter how much they deny it. Could have potentially been a less damaging way out had they choose to use it as such.

Get the feeling Biden is too stubborn and has too big an ego to pull out (Kenneth) even if they found a suitable replacement.

I think if senior democrats sit him down and tell him they want him to drop out he will.

• Like 1

I was reading that they supposedly run into issues with donations made to the Biden/Harris campaign if Biden drops out and anyone but Harris steps up. And Harris won't win.

21 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

But replacing Biden would mean by-passing the primary process?

There is plenty of time to do things in the proper way, I don't know if this would be an unprecedented situation.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

You still have the same problem I mentioned a few pages ago that there isn’t a viable candidate to replace him and I explained why of the main contenders.  

There currently isn’t a person that brings all the Dem voters together that doesn’t risk the change from Biden. 

It will need to be a decision about what is the least worst option.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â