U.S. Politics

maqroll

I think it might actually be quite a powerful motivator for dem voters, a bit like the abortion stuff. If the average punter in the Uk can see how presidential immunity is going to be harnessed for evil by Trump, then they sure can - it might be the difference between someone who doesn't care for Biden actually going out to vote. Not too different to our mission to kill the tories whatever we think of Labour. That said, they need to give Joe his gummiberry juice. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

I think it might actually be quite a powerful motivator for dem voters, a bit like the abortion stuff. If the average punter in the Uk can see how presidential immunity is going to be harnessed for evil by Trump, then they sure can - it might be the difference between someone who doesn't care for Biden actually going out to vote. Not too different to our mission to kill the tories whatever we think of Labour. That said, they need to give Joe his gummiberry juice. 

A moment of sincerity: Thank you. We need these bits of hope right now. It's appreciated. Hanging on to anything right now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Not a lot hence the reason i'm asking the question. I know the economy was decent before Covid, he was controversial on treatments but right on Ivermectin, no new wars. Very controversial over sensitive subjects such as immigration and abortion; just your standard republican except for being a lot more mouthy. 

But, I don't see anything that equated to the sensationalist comments i've been seeing on here such as America being doomed?  Moving out of the country etc? 

He tried to convince various other elected officials to overturn the result of the last election after he lost, then incited a mob to storm the seat of government which resulted in several people being killed. He literally tried his hardest to end democracy in America.

Oh, and he wants to pull America out of NATO and seems to trust dictators like Putin and Kim Jong-Un over his own intelligence services. Which isn’t going to be great for global stability.

11 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Not a lot hence the reason i'm asking the question. I know the economy was decent before Covid, he was controversial on treatments but right on Ivermectin, no new wars. Very controversial over sensitive subjects such as immigration and abortion; just your standard republican except for being a lot more mouthy. 

But, I don't see anything that equated to the sensationalist comments i've been seeing on here such as America being doomed?  Moving out of the country etc? 

I said it previously. He tried to end democracy when he lost. 

How do you think he might react when given power again?

45 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I said it previously. He tried to end democracy when he lost. 

How do you think he might react when given power again?

Still a bit of a reach to suggest America is doomed because some looneys went to the Whitehouse after the last election, and to be fair to him - he literally stated hours before to remain peaceful IIRC.

I see @Panto_Villan point about Nato, but really that affects us (in the UK) more than America who are safely nestled behind their years of over spending on military.

@bickster - Fair point. But it's also fair to state the general outcry towards his suggestion of Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine (yes I googled it) was greatly exaggerated, mainly because it was Trump.

I just don't understand this whole ferver towards America being doomed, because some buffoon is going to be in the Whitehouse? Is it really that bad? Am I being naive? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

Still a bit of a reach to suggest America is doomed because some looneys went to the Whitehouse after the last election, and to be fair to him - he literally stated hours before to remain peaceful IIRC.

I see @Panto_Villan point about Nato, but really that affects us (in the UK) more than America who are safely nestled behind their years of over spending on military.

@bickster - Fair point. But it's also fair to state the general outcry towards his suggestion of Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine (yes I googled it) was greatly exaggerated, mainly because it was Trump.

I just don't understand this whole ferver towards America being doomed, because some buffoon is going to be in the Whitehouse? Is it really that bad? Am I being naive? 

I can only assume you haven't looked at what he actually did if you're saying to be fair to him in regards to January 6th. 

You clearly have made your mind up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

👍👍

26 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I'm not sure why you don't see the problem - he tried as hard as he could to overturn the result of the election, but failed because a few key members of his own party stood up to him. Most of them have now been hounded out of the party, and the Supreme Court (which he stacked with hardline Republicans) has just ruled that pretty much anything the President does in power is above the law.

Even the lawmakers who were literally in the Capitol building when it was stormed by Trump supporters, and had to be evacuated after the secret service shot someone dead while they were trying to break down the doors of the room they were in, are now downplaying those events because they know Trump will end the career of anyone that crosses him. At the time, many of them were saying Trump should be permanently disqualified from office.

Trump refused to deploy the national guard to restore order for hours, or even give a speech asking them to leave. Whereas the defence secretary at the time is on record saying Trump asked if he could deploy the military to shoot the BLM protestors after George Floyd's death. Again, the Supreme Court has just ruled he's now immune from prosecution if he did that in his second term, and all his cabinet picks are going to be MAGA devotees that won't try to hold him back this time around (they weren't all MAGA-heads last time, because nobody actually expected Trump to win so he didn't really have many to call on).

Trump has demolished many of the checks on his power that were holding him back in his first term, and he's already shown everyone what he wants to do with unchecked power. What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 4

The idea that "the Trump economy" was great is simply bullshit -- and easily disproved. Trump inherited a decent economy from Obama and then along came covid. The pandemic caused all kinds of distortions and wild fluctuations that can be set aside.

Overall unemployment levels under Obama were virtually the same under Trump, and when covid hit, there was a worker shortage, and yes, that spiked employment numbers. Trump did nothing to prompt that. He was there.

Domestic product growth under Trump generally sucked -- until after the pandemic lockdowns, for obvious reasons.

A quick look at this criminal's own terrible record in business and the even dumber fools he surrounds himself strongly suggests he doesn't know **** about economics. He's an entitled malignant narcissist from Queens who screws workers at every turn he gets.

What about inflation? It's been up worldwide, and high in the US for one reason and one only: Consumer demand. Nothing to do with Biden. Puffed up by pandemic relief handouts -- something Trump rightly approved (Biden did the same), American consumers have been loaded with cash, and the corporate world has come to collect that by raising prices.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

🙄

If I were to stoop to such gross overgeneralizations here’s where I would say that you lot struggle with dental hygiene… 

But I’m better than that 

You know that bleaching teeth is not the same a dental hygiene, right? 

petridis-colgate.gif

46 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

He's certainly going to go all in on destroying Green Technology and industries in USA and go all in on oil. 

This will set America a long way back, with Bidens IRA they've been the only country challenging China. America will then end up relying on inefficient, expensive power making the American economy outdated and expensive in the long run as the rest of the world will be running on far cheaper, modern green energy. 

So not only will the American economy become sluggish and outdated, but China will run into an unfettered lead which it will be too late to catch up to.  

Read the news. Companies have spent the last 3 years quitting Europe and other places to set up factories in America bringing 8n lots and lots of investment and jobs. If Trump pulls the rug from under them they're going to either go bust of run back home. 

Not to mention the effect this will all have on the climate and global warming. 

Despite what he says abortion is probably going to be illegal in most places and women's right in general are going to be set back decades. Same with race relations. Expect to see a lot more black people shot in the streets with no convictions to follow. 

Putin and Jon Un and China are going to be massively emboldened causing probable global chaos. 

He'll likely also pull out of the World Health Organisation causing god knows what issues to global health. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Well that's not really a nice thing to say (out loud).

Im not a trump fan but he isnt exactly going say bidens a top guy is he 😂 he obviously angry and bitter about the charges against him

Trump looks in terrible shape in thag video

Edited by Demitri_C

Â