U.S. Politics

maqroll

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

I hate to say it but senile, mad, mental Trump looks to be the more coherent of the 2 at the moment.

I knew biden was bad but **** me it was embarrassing at times. Its so sad to see biden be allowed to continue when he clearly is incapable.  It was like watching one of my older relatives before they passed away.

Trump suprised me how calm he was i was expecting him to be annoying and interrupt biden every time. But whoever was advising him must have said just like biden talk as he will kill himself and thats how it went. I very doubt there will be  a second one after this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Trump suprised me how calm he was i was expecting him to be annoying and interrupt biden every time. But whoever was advising him must have said just like biden talk as he will kill himself and thats how it went. I very doubt there will be  a second one after this.

The Microphones were turned off when the other person was speaking to prevent this  ... we should take note of it for future debates over here 

Its been fairly apparent  for a couple of years now that Biden isn't fit for a second term and there would have been no shame in retiring on the grounds of ill health  ...I'm not sure they can do much about it now except prepare for a second term of Trump 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Trump was president before and America didn't collapse. He might be worse this time but America will still come out of it okay. There's a limited amount of damage a US president can do, the French president has far more power for example. 

Its not Trump personally which will be the problem; its who is around him which will be the problem. Jon Oliver covered this the other day which would be very worth a watch if you have Sky/Now TV (don't think it has made it to YouTube yet). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025

So this is a plan set up by the Heritage Foundation (conservative think tank) and basically sets out a blueprint to ensure that all of the administration are going to be conservative led for the foreseeable future and in essence turn America into an Autocracy. There are also suggestions that with the Supreme Court that 3 of the conservative leaning Judges will retire and be replaced by younger versions of themselves, holding the Supreme Court for decades.

Yes, the 1st Trump term didn't collapse America, but arguably it was not expected by many so it took time for people to abuse it. Now a 2nd term is real possibility and people are ready.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Trump was president before and America didn't collapse. He might be worse this time but America will still come out of it okay. There's a limited amount of damage a US president can do, the French president has far more power for example. 

Whilst you might be right I think this time around he will be far more aggressive, especially with people and institutions which have tried to take him down. It will be very chaotic for sure. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

They have to swap Biden, the guy is a walking corpse. I sort of blame the dems for Trump, they've put up Hilary Clinton and now a dead guy against him. Give it Sanders. or Big Sam. 

Sanders would be a great president and still seems to be fully clued in. But he is older than Biden.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

He literally tried to end democracy in the country. 

And people are prepared to give him another chance to do that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The Microphones were turned off when the other person was speaking to prevent this  ... we should take note of it for future debates over here 

Its been fairly apparent  for a couple of years now that Biden isn't fit for a second term and there would have been no shame in retiring on the grounds of ill health  ...I'm not sure they can do much about it now except prepare for a second term of Trump 

Yeah noted about the mics but i bet if that was sunak he would still try interupt!

Yeah its too late now. Election is in November democrats have shot themselves in the foot but not making the change sooner. Im pretty suee if trump wins biden will be removed asap then newsom will take over

53 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Its not Trump personally which will be the problem; its who is around him which will be the problem. Jon Oliver covered this the other day which would be very worth a watch if you have Sky/Now TV (don't think it has made it to YouTube yet). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025

So this is a plan set up by the Heritage Foundation (conservative think tank) and basically sets out a blueprint to ensure that all of the administration are going to be conservative led for the foreseeable future and in essence turn America into an Autocracy. There are also suggestions that with the Supreme Court that 3 of the conservative leaning Judges will retire and be replaced by younger versions of themselves, holding the Supreme Court for decades.

Yes, the 1st Trump term didn't collapse America, but arguably it was not expected by many so it took time for people to abuse it. Now a 2nd term is real possibility and people are ready.  

I would imagine vivek and scott will be two major players in trumps cabinet if he wins.  I do wonder if he will bring a outsider like tucker in.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would imagine vivek and scott will be two major players in trumps cabinet if he wins.  I do wonder if he will bring an outsider like tucker in.

The first weeks and months would no doubt be dozens of people being sacked or resigning. The it would be a case of filling the vacancies with people who know how to nod and agree.

If Trump wins, the whole world is f***ed. They'll renege on Nato and Russia will steam into Europe, China will invade Taiwan. They'll renege on Paris accords and Climate Change will ravage the middle Eastern countries and cause massive flooding and forest fires everywhere. America will be like idiocracy, as all semblance of evidence based education is disassembled.

Trump is going to win.

48 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

If Trump wins, the whole world is f***ed. They'll renege on Nato and Russia will steam into Europe, China will invade Taiwan. They'll renege on Paris accords and Climate Change will ravage the middle Eastern countries and cause massive flooding and forest fires everywhere. America will be like idiocracy, as all semblance of evidence based education is disassembled.

Trump is going to win.

I think this is ott, honestly. I think it'd be a tragedy in America, stuffing the court with young conservative judges will damage the rights of us citizens for decades, but I'm not convinced we're going to see the collapse of NATO and China on the war path, we didn't last time

Â