U.S. Politics

maqroll

7 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yeah, you can say Americans are "dumb" now that Starmer is coming in, but you lot have years of Rishi, Boris, and that Leave vote to live down first. 😉😁

Don't forget the 6 weeks of the silly cow who's name escapes me 😆

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah he’s done it twice, talking about taking the cognitive test with Ronny Jackson but calling him Ronny Johnson.  You just can’t make it up can you!

Quality center-back in his day though.

• Haha 2

😂😂😂😂😂

Will be overturned quickly as it violates the constitution but these days you never know…

Edited by nick76

42 minutes ago, nick76 said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Will be overturned quickly as it violates the constitution but these days you never know…

With the current SCOTUS? I wouldn’t count on it 

43 minutes ago, nick76 said:

😂😂😂😂😂

How did Alabama & Mississippi let Louisiana be first? 🤯

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Quality center-back in his day though.

Ron Johnson was the one who knocked up Stacy in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, yet Damone caught all the blame 

1 minute ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

With the current SCOTUS? I wouldn’t count on it 

Yep added my caveat at the end.

You could then see some Muslim, Islam whatever religion then putting up their equivalent in some sympathetic school and then all exploding by the far right wing Christians.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Yep added my caveat at the end.

You could then see some Muslim, Islam whatever religion then putting up their equivalent in some sympathetic school and then all exploding by the far right wing Christians.

The Church of Satan keeps doing that, Lucifer bless ‘em 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Not because there are more than 10?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nick76 said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Thall shall not commit adultery. Hmmmm. Does that not cause Trump difficulty with the religious nutters? 

1 hour ago, colhint said:

He's broken a few more than that

Full house for the orange one, I'd imagine, given that most Christians I know take a wide view on murder (in the thinking about it is the same as doing it kinda way).

The U.S. military launched a clandestine program amid the COVID crisis to discredit China’s Sinovac inoculation – payback for Beijing’s efforts to blame Washington for the pandemic. One target: the Filipino public. Health experts say the gambit was indefensible and put innocent lives at risk.

At the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. military launched a secret campaign to counter what it perceived as China’s growing influence in the Philippines, a nation hit especially hard by the deadly virus.

The clandestine operation has not been previously reported. It aimed to sow doubt about the safety and efficacy of vaccines and other life-saving aid that was being supplied by China, a Reuters investigation found. Through phony internet accounts meant to impersonate Filipinos, the military’s propaganda efforts morphed into an anti-vax campaign. Social media posts decried the quality of face masks, test kits and the first vaccine that would become available in the Philippines – China’s Sinovac inoculation.

Reuters identified at least 300 accounts on X, formerly Twitter, that matched descriptions shared by former U.S. military officials familiar with the Philippines operation. Almost all were created in the summer of 2020 and centered on the slogan #Chinaangvirus – Tagalog for China is the virus.

The U.S. military’s anti-vax effort began in the spring of 2020 and expanded beyond Southeast Asia before it was terminated in mid-2021, Reuters determined. Tailoring the propaganda campaign to local audiences across Central Asia and the Middle East, the Pentagon used a combination of fake social media accounts on multiple platforms to spread fear of China’s vaccines among Muslims at a time when the virus was killing tens of thousands of people each day. A key part of the strategy: amplify the disputed contention that, because vaccines sometimes contain pork gelatin, China’s shots could be considered forbidden under Islamic law.

The military program started under former President Donald Trump and continued months into Joe Biden’s presidency, Reuters found – even after alarmed social media executives warned the new administration that the Pentagon had been trafficking in COVID misinformation. The Biden White House issued an edict in spring 2021 banning the anti-vax effort, which also disparaged vaccines produced by other rivals, and the Pentagon initiated an internal review, Reuters found.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-covid-propaganda/

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Thall shall not commit adultery. Hmmmm. Does that not cause Trump difficulty with the religious nutters? 

Nah, they just trot out this kind of nonsense 🙄

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/3/5/16796892/trump-cyrus-christian-right-bible-cbn-evangelical-propaganda

It’s a typical morning segment on Pat Robertson’s Christian Broadcasting Network, late in 2016. The controversial Access Hollywood tapes, on which then-candidate Donald Trump can be heard boasting about grabbing women by the genitals, have just been released.

Standing on a sunny street, reporter Chris Mitchell says, “Christians are divided about what to do on Donald Trump.”

On 17/06/2024 at 09:57, Genie said:

I guess it’s the risk of how the public would react to some change. Whilst Biden is clearly well past his best he’s probably going to win.

Trump would be all over the instability of a late change of candidate. 

Whilst Biden might squeak through on the national vote, I don't see any evidence to be optimistic when you look at swing states.

If I could long Trump at better than evens I would.

10 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Wow - the immigrants are bringing their own prisons and mental institutions?

No wonder the US economy is booming!

Â