U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not posting these for any other reason than awareness before anyone attacks me for labelling anyone.

Cwzde98UoAI87lC.jpg

doesn't the college educated map dispel the argument that only uneducated hicks voted for Trump  ?

In UK related US news, Farage calls Obama "that creature, a loathsome individual"

Nigel Farage has described Barack Obama as a “creature” and joked about warning Donald Trump not to "touch" Theresa May.

The interim Ukip leader said the current US President was a "loathsome individual who couldn’t stand our country."

What the hell has been unleashed?

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This election was won by the white working class vote and the alt-right movement which is mostly white college educated.

that wasn't the argument as I saw it being presented on election night ... we were frequently being told that the democrats were all intelligent people that were college educated , the inference was that stupid people vote for Trump , as confirmed by political experts on Facebook.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

In UK related US news, Farage calls Obama "that creature, a loathsome individual"

What the hell has been unleashed?

didn't you post something a few pages back about stereotypes  ? Farage is the view of one person

from the post ,  I'm assuming you deem his comment to be racist in tone  ? (Go in the Tory thread and you'll find countless posts about various tory MP's being loathsome creatures ) but the article doesn't give any suggestion It is , Obama I believe in this instance is being deemed loathsome for his efforts to blackmail the UK into voting remain ... to an extent I agree , though I don't tend to use the word Loathsome unless I'm singing the  Oliver and Hardy hit song :) 

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

that wasn't the argument as I saw it being presented on election night ... we were frequently being told that the democrats were all intelligent people that were college educated , the inference was that stupid people vote for Trump , as confirmed by political experts on Facebook.

The alt-right were always a big part of this election.

My friend wrote this. I think it's really good and has me think about things more critically.

You know why Trump won right? He had a good narrative. His policies, illogical as they were, are easy to understand. Everyone knows them. He wants to build a wall. He wants to shut Muslims out. He wants to make America isolationist and curtail free trade. You may not like them, I don't, but you know them. They're there and theres no politicisation or fluffing up about it. He doesn't care if YOU'RE offended, god forbid. And you know what his message is.

Can someone tell me ONE Hilary policy in a single sentence please? One single sentence.

I'm going to put something shocking out there: Not all Trump supporters are racist. A great deal probably far from it. If you were living in the rust belt of America (Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin. All areas that unexpectedly voted for Trump) and you lost your job in the former industrial heartlands due to big corporate bosses offshoring your job to a region halfway across the world because its cheaper and it resulted in you working overtime in two minimum wage jobs, you had two or three kids you could barely afford to feed and had a shitty life in general compared to your parents, you too would maybe vote for Trump. I'd probably consider it. Why would you vote for Hilary? What was she actually offering you?

And this is where the left have failed. The Democrats did not offer anything new to the working class, who are supposed to be their base. Does anyone even know what they offered them? The working class were abandoned in favour of playing identity politics. Lets be honest, a white working class man struggling to make a living for himself is not "privileged". Yet when he is told that he is by some on the left it is really shocking that the left believed that vote was in the bag.

This isn't just in America, it's happening everywhere. This is why the far-right is having a renaissance. It's not because working class people are racist, most probably aren't. It's because their class issues are ignored by the left, their natural home, in favour of identity. Patronising and shouting at the white working class and telling them they voted Trump, or Brexit, because they are all a bunch of racists does not help, it only makes them gravitate towards a poisonous and disgusting ideology which is taking hold.

I'm going to leave it there and I'm going to try to stop talking about politics for a while, mostly because it's probably **** annoying to people. All I will say is there are IMPORTANT elections coming up next year in Europe. Let's see what happens.

How do the left get that demographic back?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

doesn't the college educated map dispel the argument that only uneducated hicks voted for Trump  ?

No. You've missed something significant. The "college educated" map you refer to isn't "all college educated" it's college educated white people (only) - i.e. it excludes latino, black, Asian...college educated

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

the country voted in a narcissist who's openly abusive to women, a sexist, mysogynist, racist, idiot, willfully ignorant of world politics. As a symbol, it's a symbol of monumental failure on behalf of the american populace. a failure of the system, a failure of the media, a failure of the culture, the education, the politics, the economics and all the rest. It's twilight zone insanity. The guy has said the most outrageous quotes insulting anyone who isn't white, and come up with ludicrous policy ideas. Sure it'll pass, someone else will replace him eventually, but a revolting human being, a bully of all stripes, a liar, a tax dodger, a coward has been voted suitable to hold Presidential office. There is nothing good that is indicated by that "human" winning a vote. It's despair inducing, and a fundamental indictment of the failure of capitalist west. To dismiss it as something that will just blow over is to show a complete disregard for anything of any value whatsoever. 

I saw a fella on a show saying that the press/media have been totally one-sided regarding the stuff Trump has said about women. This guy was saying that Trump's businesses have seen more women promoted to management levels in America than any other company. He also said that Trump's businesses had won business awards for the way they treat women fairly in the workplace with regards to how they are paid and working conditions etc.

Ask yourself this; how bad has it been - and how bad did the future look with Clinton in charge - for the people of America to vote in Trump? It's OK highlighting all his failings but it just goes to show that to the majority of American people they would rather have someone like that in power than the poor cheated on wife of former president Bill Clinton.

The elite powerhouses run America - not the president. Trump has known this, together with most open-minded people, for a very long time. At last, someone has come along who has shown a big middle finger to those elite overseers and given the average person hope that change can happen. Now, personally, I think that the elite won't allow such things to happen and will find a way of getting rid of Trump, probably by way of a car or plane crash or an apparent suicide etc.

You say the media failed but, who do you think controls the media? Not Trump, that's for sure! The people he went up against are unlawful beyond care and reason and many people have claimed to have witnessed Clinton do terrible things. The media did fail in their pursuit of trying to ridicule Trump and help Clinton into office. But, they should fail in that instance because she would have been a terrible president, not just for America but for the whole world. I am not saying Trump will be great but, I do think he will be better for everyone than Clinton would have been. They elite will no doubt cause uproar in an attempt to make Trump's voters feel like they made a mistake, just as they are doing over here with regards to Brexit. The people just need to have balls, see through their bullshit and lies and, carry on regardless to show them that they can't always control us and get what they want!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

No. You've missed something significant. The "college educated" map you refer to isn't "all college educated" it's college educated white people (only) - i.e. it excludes latino, black, Asian...college educated

got ya  ... though tbf people haven't been making that distinction , it was just "the educated" during the election night .. though to be fair they may not have had that breakdown to hand at that time

40 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not posting these for any other reason than awareness before anyone attacks me for labelling anyone.

Cwzde98UoAI87lC.jpg

All of this is just guess work and utterly meanigless, most of the maps were produced before the election, some were even done in mid october and were based on small samples of surveys/polls.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

Of all college graduates, 49% were for Clinton and 45% for Trump.  Among white college graduates those figures were reversed.

Perhaps more significant is that among people without a college degree, 67% of whites voted Trump and 75% of nonwhites voted Clinton.

My personal favourite in all the wailing is Amy Schumer ( I'll be honest I know the name but not actually who she is )

She managed to twit "People who voted for him you are weak. You are not just misinformed. You didn't even attempt information,"

and then posted a faked quote of Trumps that she acknowledges  "Yes this quote is fake but it doesn't matter"

celebs ... got to love them

Just now, tonyh29 said:

My personal favourite in all the wailing is Amy Schumer ( I'll be honest I know the name but not actually who she is )

She managed to twit "People who voted for him you are weak. You are not just misinformed. You didn't even attempt information,"

and then posted a faked quote of Trumps that she acknowledges  "Yes this quote is fake but it doesn't matter"

celebs ... got to love them

She's a "comedian" and I use the term very **** loosely.  The pathetic irony being that she is showing exactly the kind of continued arrogance, even after the event, which resulted in the Trump win in the first place.  YOU'RE NOT LISTENING, AMY ! Until people acknowledge the extent of the discontent over there then nothing is going to change.  And the big city media telling the big city people that they're right and that the others are wrong is only going to hold the whole process up.

You would hope the allegedly progressive democratic voter would now demonstrate the kind of intelligence and awareness that they proclaim to have in spades, and admit that something needs to be done to try and rectify the disconnect that currently exists.  How you achieve that I don't know.  But you start by admitting that it **** exists.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

But you start by admitting that it **** exists.

Yep, my eyes have been opened by this. Not sure what i can do personally but I acknowledge it's there and why it's there.

21 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

They should all go live in North korea, Absolute trash!

How dare they protest against democracy failing! They should go and live in a dictatorship instead. Don't agree with rioting though. We live in a free world where opposition against the victor only helps move us forward, not a dictatorship where everyone has to sit back and accept it.

Do people read what they write before posting it?

Edited by StefanAVFC

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â