U.S. Politics

maqroll

18 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Absolutely sinister. The thought of Musk being anywhere policy decisions makes my blood boil 🤬

Musk is the head of several major businesses but spends all day posting shit on Twitter. I don’t imagine he will devote much time to that job if he were to get it.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Musk is the head of several major businesses but spends all day posting shit on Twitter. I don’t imagine he will devote much time to that job if he were to get it.

Good match for Trump then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Absolutely sinister. The thought of Musk being anywhere policy decisions makes my blood boil 🤬

Yet he's managed to

-Create a company that completely outperforms NASA and any other countries space set up, delivers 88% of the WORLDS payload into orbit,  and will be collecting astronauts stranded by Boeing. 

-Created a worldwide internet

-Restarted the electric car revolution

Elon Musk is a lot of things, and for his status he should utilise more decorum, but either he, or any other private sector person ripping apart the bloated public sector is exactly what's needed. I think it's a very shrewd move, and one the democrats should emulate (in their own way with different people); The reality is the majority in the US, UK and EU are paying more in taxes and getting less back. Addressing this is important to most normal working class families (swing voters). 

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Yet he's managed to

-Create a company that completely outperforms NASA and any other countries space set up, delivers 88% of the WORLDS payload into orbit,  and will be collecting astronauts stranded by Boeing. 

Elon Musk is a lot of things, and for his status he should utilise more decorum, but either he, or any other private sector person ripping apart the bloated public sector is exactly what's needed. I think it's a very shrewd move, and one the democrats should emulate (in their own way with different people); The reality is the majority in the US, UK and EU are paying more in taxes and getting less back. Addressing this is important to most normal working class families (swing voters). 

careful-fanboy.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ah yes, the Billionaire candidate with only good intentions hiring another Billionaire to do his bidding. That can only go well.

It's what the common man needs. No one else is looking out for them. 

15 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

The efficiency changes/cuts Musk implemented at Twitter have famously worked so well.

I assume his role would be to make sure they do the opposite of whatever he did.

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

either he, or any other private sector person ripping apart the bloated public sector is exactly what's needed. I think it's a very shrewd move, and one the democrats should emulate (in their own way with different people); The reality is the majority in the US, UK and EU are paying more in taxes and getting less back. Addressing this is important to most normal working class families (swing voters). 

Do you have any specifics in mind? And how sure are you that you're not just parroting neoliberal (aka millionaires and billionaires not wanting to play democracy) excuses for cutting tax? 

We all pay tax and tax pays for things. Our crumbling infrastructure in the UK and USA implies that austerity and cuts aren't really the answer. Our councils have been so cut to the bone that it's affecting their ability to just barely maintain what we have. And forget about innovating and trying to make any improvements. Forget about getting those planning permissions through. 

Most actual 'public' government goes hand in hand with private businesses and investment already. I'd argue that 'cutting the bloated public sector' is a very very convenient bad faith argument put forth by some very wealthy dickheads. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Yet he's managed to

Assuming this were to happen, do you think anything that he would address would, in any way, help said working class families? He’ll look out for tech bros, crypto douches, & other billionaires, while everyone else be damned

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Yet he's managed to

Tesla was founded by Martin Eberhardt and Mark Tarpenning, Elon bought his way into that company. We can also argue about who created SpaceX, as the scientists who made the actual rockets did that and not Elon. He was twiddling his thumbs pretending to be smart in a boardroom.

The Musk of 2002 who actually did things is long gone, he's been brainwashed by his own playtoy, X. He's become a far right lunatic who is essentially living of a bloated Tesla stock. Once that comes down, Elon comes down - hard.

Edited by magnkarl

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

James Murdoch supporting Kamala Harris 

shook-scooby.gif

He's got some weird think tank thing going on.

Corporate "green" let's trade pollution for cash. Let us broker it. Cheers Bub.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

James Murdoch supporting Kamala Harris 

shook-scooby.gif

I don’t think it’s that big of a surprise is it? He’s always been a liberal. He supported Clinton in 2016 and he and his wife have donated millions to the Democrats and left wing organisations.

Having said that even Rupert Murdoch supposedly hates Trump, though he would not let that cloud his business interests. 

Dick Cheney coming out and saying he’s voting for Harris is more of a shock than James Murdoch. I should add that Cheney isn’t much of a shock either, the announcement maybe but the Trump hatred has been there a while

14 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Tesla was founded by Martin Eberhardt and Mark Tarpenning, Elon bought his way into that company. We can also argue about who created SpaceX, as the scientists who made the actual rockets did that and not Elon. He was twiddling his thumbs pretending to be smart in a boardroom.

The Musk of 2002 who actually did things is long gone, he's been brainwashed by his own playtoy, X. He's become a far right lunatic who is essentially living of a bloated Tesla stock. Once that comes down, Elon comes down - hard.

If Tesla loses 99% of its value it leaves him with $1.6b worth, plus his other assets. He ain’t going anywhere unfortunately (apart from a slim chance of prison).

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â