U.S. Politics

maqroll

My Youtube homepage is an absolute disaster at the moment, the highlight this evening was a livestream of 'Elon Musk' at an unspecified live appearance, backing Trump, but which was just clearly an AI generated video spreading absolute horse shit politics and crypto scams.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

My Youtube homepage is an absolute disaster at the moment, the highlight this evening was a livestream of 'Elon Musk' at an unspecified live appearance, backing Trump, but which was just clearly an AI generated video spreading absolute horse shit politics and crypto scams.

Sounds like s2 of The Capture 

13 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Watching from next door, Harris as VP has been a bit of a damp squib. She was not bad per se, but it's nothing exciting either. Pence did a better job as VP, especially at the end. But no way would I vote for Pence unless Trump was the other candidate. And even then ...

edit
some people are uncomfortable with her relatively soft stance on Hamas and her relatively Woke views.

Aha, so that's nothing then.

If damp squib is all Trump can throw around he's going to lose. 

She's in an administration that isn't soft on Hamas at all, and she'll likely pick Shapiro to balance that view out. Still nothing concrete on why she's a colossal failure though, unless we're just parroting Trump talking points.

• Like 1

Can enyone explain why Trump was a successful President? He keeps saying Joe and Harris were a disaster. In what way was he a success? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can enyone explain why Trump was a successful President? He keeps saying Joe and Harris were a disaster. In what way was he a success? 

I’m pretty sure I remember rioting on the streets during his tenure. The US was up there with the most deaths during covid too iirc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

From memory, unemployment fell under Trump. I think that’s about it?

Great that the supreme court have not blocked Trump's sentencing in September. There are definitely Trump stooges in there but looks like not enough. You wonder if there's an establishment hand on the shoulder of these decision makers at the moment, the future with Trump in charge is just too bleak.

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He wasn't a successful president at all, the only positive you can glean from the stats is that he got the unemployment down which was natural after covid, but it got to nowhere near the levels it is at now.

Increased the national debt by trillions of dollars.

Had more net immigration than Biden's had when the borders weren't shut due to covid.

One of the highest covid death rates in the world.

The horrid attempts at getting peace in the ME with the Abraham accords which only increased Bibi's power.

Backing up neo nazi groups and essentially emboldening police to be the worst they'd been in years when it came to racial violence.

The people who think he was a good president have essentially been swallowed up by MAGA-rhetoric.

16 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

But Covid was a hoax!  

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

He successfully avoided the war with China he nearly started.

He also successfully steered the middle east away from a two state solution and into an interminable state of conflict. 

Successfully advocate alternative internal uses for domestic cleaning products during covid.

Presided over more mass shootings during the 4 years of his administration (39) than in the preceding 9 years.

And successfully built a tiny bit of wall which immigrants walk around. 

Oh, and almost successfully staged a coup with the intention of destroying democracy.

You're welcome, world.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, magnkarl said:

He wasn't a successful president at all, the only positive you can glean from the stats is that he got the unemployment down which was natural after covid, but it got to nowhere near the levels it is at now.

Increased the national debt by trillions of dollars.

Had more net immigration than Biden's had when the borders weren't shut due to covid.

The horrid attempts at getting peace in the ME with the Abraham accords which only increased Bibi's power.

Backing up neo nazi groups and essentially emboldening police to be the worst they'd been in years when it came to racial violence.

The people who think he was a good president have essentially been swallowed up by MAGA-rhetoric.

This is what always gets me about people like him, and the Conservatives (big C) here. They have this reputation of being good with money, but they are not. They just put everything on the tab so that our children have to deal with the consequences. Same with climate change. 

The term 'conservative (little c)' is the biggest misnomer ever. They use the old cc and forget about tomorrow so they can live like kings today. 

Edit- for context, when the Conservatives came into power here, national debt in the UK was just over £1T (around 65% of GDP). When they left it was nearly £2.7T (just under 100% yes 100%! of GDP). 

Edited by Hobsons Choice
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Davkaus said:

YouTube has deteriorated to an extraordinary degree. 

2 hours ago, Hobsons Choice said:

This is what always gets me about people like him, and the Conservatives (big C) here. They have this reputation of being good with money, but they are not. They just put everything on the tab so that our children have to deal with the consequences. Same with climate change. 

The term 'conservative (little c)' is the biggest misnomer ever. They use the old cc and forget about tomorrow so they can live like kings today. 

Edit- for context, when the Conservatives came into power here, national debt in the UK was just over £1T (around 65% of GDP). When they left it was nearly £2.7T (just under 100% yes 100%! of GDP). 

Part of the issue there, however, is that Conservatives lost their minds in the 2010s and went from being parties of prudence/stability to being batshit crazy parties backing things like Brexit in the UK and isolationism /protectionism in the USA.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â