U.S. Politics

maqroll

He's literally now just saying the quiet part out loud.

He's got no respect for the two term limit. He's aiming to overthrow democracy, and he's openly admitting it, in public, on video.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-if-reelected-wont-have-to-vote-fixed-1235069397/

After repeating his usual unfounded claims about mail-in voting, Trump launched into an appeal directed at Christian voters. “Christians, get out and vote!” yelled Trump. “Just this time. You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years. You know what? It’ll be fixed! It’ll be fine! You won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians. I love you, Christians!” He added, “You gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.”

Edited by Davkaus
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

He's got no respect for the two term limit. He's aiming to overthrow democracy, and he's openly admitting it, in public, on video.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-if-reelected-wont-have-to-vote-fixed-1235069397/

That’s a stretch tbh. He’s pretty obviously saying that if elected he’ll do such a good job that future elections won’t matter because he’ll have fixed the country for everyone forever (or Christians specifically).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

That’s a stretch tbh. He’s pretty obviously saying that if elected he’ll do such a good job that future elections won’t matter because he’ll have fixed the country for everyone forever (or Christians specifically).

A stretch? 

The guy tried to do it last time he was president. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The constitution prevents a third term. 

I'm pretty sure the constitution probably prevents someone trying to become a dictator but it didn't stop him attempting it. 

The idea it's a stretch to think it when he's openly hinting about it seems odd. 

• Like 1

“You know, FDR 16 years — almost 16 years — he was four terms. I don’t know, are we going to be considered three-term? Or two-term?” Trump quipped

“We are going to win four more years,” Trump said at a rally in Oshkosh, Wisconsin on Monday. “And then after that, we’ll go for another four years because they spied on my campaign. We should get a redo of four years.”

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/18/politics/donald-trump-third-term-2024/index.html

U.S. President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping Saturday after the ruling Communist party announced it was eliminating the two-term limit for the presidency, paving the way for Xi to serve indefinitely, according to audio aired by CNN.
"He's now president for life, president for life. And he's great," Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump's remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida aired by CNN. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot someday," Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/world/trump-praises-chinese-president-extending-tenure-for-life-idUSKCN1GG03P/

He'll always say it with a wink, but imo he talks about it often enough that it ought to be taken seriously, especially given his previous history for peaceful transfers of power.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

I am disappointed to learn that JD Vance apparently did not actually f*** a sofa, because the memes were pretty fantastic.

There's plenty of time for him to change his mind on this.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

I am disappointed to learn that JD Vance apparently did not actually f*** a sofa, because the memes were pretty fantastic.

I see you’ve couched your language to cushion the impact, but even so I fear it could cost him his seat.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Trump  simply must be stopped.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Trump  simply must be stopped.

Honestly all these people saying how bad can it be and that people are exaggerating are just sleepwalking through this, watching the potential rise of a fascist dictator in the most powerful nation on earth. 

Honestly this must have been how it felt living in Germany in the 30s. So many people just thinking it will be OK in the end. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Honestly all these people saying how bad can it be and that people are exaggerating are just sleepwalking through this, watching the potential rise of a fascist dictator in the most powerful nation on earth. 

Honestly this must have been how it felt living in Germany in the 30s. So many people just thinking it will be OK in the end. 

People said the same last time and they seem to have just ignored what happened when he lost a fair election. 

They're now giving him a second attempt. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

A stretch? 

The guy tried to do it last time he was president. 

It’s a stretch to read that quote and then say he’s “literally saying the quiet part out loud”.

Unless you don’t understand what the word “literally” means, and haven’t listened to him speak at any point in the last decade (because 99% of what he’s saying at any point is exaggerating how great he’ll be at being president).

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Germany in the 30s was a lot different to the USA today. Trump is an egomaniac but he’s not Hitler and the conditions in the US are not conducive to recreating that event. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â