U.S. Politics

maqroll

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i know she's been very anti-trump in the past too

i've seen it theorised that 1/5 swifties would blindly vote whichever way she did (which is a lot of people) but no idea what that's based on.

20% seems low 😜

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Most 🇺🇸 would say, “who?”

She lives in LA, British popstar.

What is Kamala Harris's 'brat' rebrand all about?

Kamala Harris has overhauled her campaign's online presence by embracing a social media trend inspired by pop star Charli XCX's Brat album cover.

The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee has scattered references to the album across her campaign's account, renaming her profile Kamala HQ.

Her rebrand comes as Charli showed her support by tweeting "kamala IS brat" shortly after President Joe Biden announced he was stepping out of the race for the White House and endorsed his vice-president.

By Monday morning, Ms Harris had seized on Charli's backing - with the account sporting a new lime green photo in the style of the Brat album cover.

Brat is the name of Charli's sixth studio album and her tweet about Vice-President Harris received almost nine million views in just four hours.

The album's artwork is a lime green square with the word brat written in the middle in a low resolution Arial font.

So her branding  has been directly influenced by Charli XCX, and thus influenced the election, even if most Americans haven't heard of her.

Edited by fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

She lives in LA, British popstar.

What is Kamala Harris's 'brat' rebrand all about?

So her branding  has been directly influenced by Charli XCX, and thus influenced the election, even if most Americans haven't heard of her.

Oh I know who she is, just saying that most Americans don’t. Then again there’s a lot of things most Americans don’t know 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Oh I know who she is, just saying that most Americans don’t. Then again there’s a lot of things most Americans don’t know 

"Because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know". 

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

"Because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know". 

Of all people to quote 🤣

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

A little off topic, but I always feel like this quote gets more mockery than it should. It was making a worthwhile point, and one that’s not actually particularly easy to make without saying the word “known” about 700 times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

A little off topic, but I always feel like this quote gets more mockery than it should. It was making a worthwhile point, and one that’s not actually particularly easy to make without saying the word “known” about 700 times.

Mix in “variable” and/or “factor” a couple of times and it sounds far better 

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I think the people they want to influence know who they are. Respectfully, she isnt trying to influence the 50 some deadhead. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think the people they want to influence know who they are. Respectfully, she isnt trying to influence the 50 some deadhead. 

Deadhead. Show some respect 🤣

So... much.... ammunition....

How JD Vance went from thinking he was gay and changing his name twice to being an anti-LGBTQ+ extremist

Vance’s memoir, Hillbilly Elegy, contains a revealing anecdote about his childhood belief that he was gay. Influenced by a preacher’s condemnation of homosexuality, young Vance feared he was destined for hell simply because he disliked girls and cherished his friendship with another boy.

Best bit: he changed his middle name from Donald to David, because he didn't like the name Donald.

You couldn't make it up if you tried.

Edited by magnkarl

4 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I am disappointed to learn that JD Vance apparently did not actually f*** a sofa, because the memes were pretty fantastic.

It would be his only redeeming feature 🤣

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

So... much.... ammunition....

How JD Vance went from thinking he was gay and changing his name twice to being an anti-LGBTQ+ extremist

Best bit: he changed his middle name from Donald to David, because he didn't like the name Donald.

You couldn't make it up if you tried.

JD Vance, JD Sports and JD Salinger are all J Davids. For tonight's Friday evening trivia.

Edited by ml1dch

43 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

JD Vance, JD Sports and JD Salinger are all J Davids. For tonight's Friday evening trivia.

Like trying to choose the greatest Lord - Rings, Dance or Flies. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â