U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

This would be absolutely hilarious if true

The mistake they have made is picking an even bigger nutter. They should have went with a tamer choice to sway the undecideds.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think she’ll win comfortably. 

I am starting to think so too. Vance seems like a stupid choice. A smart VP choice and it's a very good chance. 

I think it might be Mark Kelly or Shapiro. Both governors in states that will win the Dems the election if they turn them. Kelly is also by far the most pro-Ukraine and NATO friendly, and a big fan of democracy. Both will do. Both quick witted and incredibly smart. Kelly is an ex astronaut, navy captain and quite the wizz at many different subjects.

Edited by magnkarl

11 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I think it might be Mark Kelly or Shapiro. Both governors in states that will win the Dems the election if they turn them. Kelly is also by far the most pro-Ukraine and NATO friendly, and a big fan of democracy. Both will do. Both quick witted and incredibly smart. Kelly is an ex astronaut, navy captain and quite the wizz at many different subjects.

I hope she picks Kelly. It would ensure a lot of more centrist old school type Republicans could hold their nose and vote Dem. Also a key state of course.

8 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The first election since 1976 where there is no Bush

Feel that Kamala's personal grooming habits are her business and nobody else's.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I hope she picks Kelly. It would ensure a lot of more centrist old school type Republicans could hold their nose and vote Dem. Also a key state of course.

I think it will be Shapiro. She can win Arizona on her own but she needs help winning over the white, blue collar, ‘rust belt’. The US equivalent of the UK ‘Red Wall’ that Boris Johnson won and turned Tory.

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think it will be Shapiro. She can win Arizona on her own but she needs help winning over the white, blue collar, ‘rust belt’. The US equivalent of the UK ‘Red Wall’ that Boris Johnson won and turned Tory.

Yeah, good point. You are right.

47 minutes ago, bickster said:

Like I said yesterday. A poll on Harris when it's purely hypothetical because everyone knows it's actually Biden v Trump is a different prospect to a poll knowing it's actually (almost certainly) her v Trump. 

• Like 1

Still absolutely shocking though how many Americans genuinely think Trump is the man to run their country. Truly scary. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Still absolutely shocking though how many Americans genuinely think Trump is the man to run their country. Truly scary. 

Yes but you have to realise there are Republicans and there are Democrats and some in between. The names don't matter.

14 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think he deserves some credit. He's the president. Not many people would give that opportunity up. 

He didnt really have a choice he? He got pressure from every side - behind the scenes decision probably taken out of his hands

As much as i dont like trump harris isnt exactly a great choice either. Would have preferred another candidate from the democrats thats not associated ti bidens administration.

I also dont think harris will win this comfortably at all. I think this could go either way. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

As much as i dont like trump harris isnt exactly a great choice either. Would have preferred another candidate from the democrats thats not associated ti bidens administration.

I also dont think harris will win this comfortably at all. I think this could go either way. 

She seems to be getting a lot of positive attention and a shit load of donation money coming in. 

Would that have happened with someone completely different?

I do know several people who hate Trump but are having a really hard time getting over Israel’s genocide in Gaza and that Biden didn’t do enough to stop them.

They are waiting to see what Harris will say about Israel. It’s not like they’ll vote for Trump, and they’ll vote Dem down ballot. But they have a real issue with how this administration allowed Benny to kill so many. 

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

She seems to be getting a lot of positive attention and a shit load of donation money coming in. 

Would that have happened with someone completely different?

Yes - the donation money only stopped from certain doners as they lost all faith in biden and wouldnt donate unless he left.

I think anyone new would have got positive attention tbh as biden had so much bad press in the last 12 months

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I do know several people who hate Trump but are having a really hard time getting over Israel’s genocide in Gaza and that Biden didn’t do enough to stop them.

They are waiting to see what Harris will say about Israel. It’s not like they’ll vote for Trump, and they’ll vote Dem down ballot. But they have a real issue with how this administration allowed Benny to kill so many. 

Harris will have done little different. And Trump probably would be as bad, though may force Israel to spend a bit more with them or foot a marginally bigger slice of the bill.

'America' doesn't give a flying **** about dead Palestinians unfortunately and there's not going to be a candidate that changes that.

Biden is bad on it though. Genocide Joe.

Edited by Chindie

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Harris will have done little different. And Trump probably would be as bad, though may force Israel to spend a bit more with them or foot a marginally bigger slice of the bill.

'America' didn't give a flying **** about dead Palestinians unfortunately and there's not going to be a candidate that changes that.

Biden is bad on it though. Genocide Joe.

And Trump denies global warming. So maybe "Extinction Don"?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â