U.S. Politics

maqroll

Although Farage does have an undefeatable attraction to milkshakes that might harm Trump in the nanoseconds he spends in the satanic toads company.

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Although Farage does have an undefeatable attraction to milkshakes that might harm Trump in the nanoseconds he spends in the satanic toads company.

At least Clacton will be safe for a few months!

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

At least Clacton will be safe for a few months!

Months? Clacton will be safe until the inevitable crisis that gets rid of him. He's going to spend about day in the place over his entire time 'representing' it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

No chance of that happening, we'll play nicely for 4 years and hope that normal politics returns in 2029, no sense in burning bridges with a close ally because of this pair of ballbags.

It will be a tense 4 years that our government try to grit their teeth through, knowing that the only "special relationship" Trump respects is his one with Putin at one end and a ballgag at the other.

Rayners already said she looks forward to meeting him and trump if they win in november.  And lammys called vance a friend

So labour or conservative it doesnt matter they are not going to fall out with US thats pure fantasy and wishful thinking

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rayners already said she looks forward to meeting him and trump if they win in november.  And lammys called vance a friend

So labour or conservative it doesnt matter they are not going to fall out with US thats pure fantasy and wishful thinking

Yup. Lammy's been getting pally with Vance for months now in the assumption that they'd be working together from 2025.

Not so sure it's "wishful thinking" that we'd fall out with them though. It might be uncomfortable, but having a bunch of absolute whoppers for allies is unfortunately where the world is at the moment. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

On 14/07/2024 at 11:27, Davkaus said:

From a pure political perspective, I'll be interested to see what this does to his favourability, I think he's such a divisive character with opinions so locked in that it might not move the needle at all.

That doesn't mean some democrats won't be absolutely appalled by it, I just don't think it'll change their opinion of him, or have an impact on the polls.

I should be an analyst :D

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-no-poll-boost-after-assassination-attempt-us-election-1925680

Donald Trump has not received a poll boost in the first presidential election survey conducted since the failed assassination attempt on Saturday.

The poll, conducted by Morning Consult of 2,045 registered voters on Monday, reveals that Trump is leading Joe Biden by just one percentage point on 46 percent, compared to the president's 45 percent. The poll has a margin of error of +/- two percentage points.

The findings also reveal that Trump's lead has narrowed slightly since the firm's previous survey, conducted between July 12 and 14, which put Trump two percentage points ahead on 44 percent to Biden's 42 percent.

The week before the shooting, national polls had Trump as the favorite to win the White House, leading narrowly in the six key battleground states of Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, despite some of the results falling within the statistical margin of error.

The results suggested that Trump would comfortably take the Electoral College. The latest poll, where Biden has narrowed the lead, will therefore come as a surprise to the many analysts who predicted that Trump would see a surge in the polls, having survived the assassination attempt. One analyst predicted it would be a unifying moment for the nation which would propel him to "total victory in November"

Instead, the first poll since the shooting shows Biden narrowing Trump's lead, which remains within the statistical margin of error.

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

In other news, our Liz showed up, must be trying to get in on the US grift now she's surplus to requirements.

It's not clear if she was able to find her way into the building.

As if anyone at the RNC even knows who she is 🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

In other news, our Liz showed up, must be trying to get in on the US grift now she's surplus to requirements.

It's not clear if she was able to find her way into the building.

Someone please change the locks on the UK while she's  away

• Like 1

I heard from an analyst today (can’t remember his name) that only 4% of the US electorate was undecided before the shooting. It appears to me that it’ll have less of an impact than I thought it would.

This will make republican voters vote, but it won’t change many people’s choice.

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

Well Trump's germophobia is well documented, so if that milkshake were to also have germs in it...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, magnkarl said:

I heard from an analyst today (can’t remember his name) that only 4% of the US electorate was undecided before the shooting. It appears to me that it’ll have less of an impact than I thought it would.

This will make republican voters vote, but it won’t change many people’s choice.

The constant senile gaffs ffrom half dead Joe are more likely to change people's choice than the botched assassination attempt IMO.

4 hours ago, magnkarl said:

4%? Where did he get that data from? I cant imagine it will.be that low surely?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

4%? Where did he get that data from? I cant imagine it will.be that low surely?

It wouldn't be that shocking to be honest. 

American elections are, even more than ours, decided by small numbers of voters in a small number of states. The vast majority of states are as close to set in stone as it gets as to which way they'll vote, and then there's a handful of 'purple' states that swing between the parties largely decided by very small numbers of non-affiliated voters. As a result the election is essentially decided by those people, which could easily be a tiny number of people versus the population as a whole. 

Somewhat ironically one of the interesting things about Trump is he's divisive enough to have some Republicans not automatically support him, which makes it marginally more interesting.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Someone please change the locks on the UK while she's  away

Go home, please. You cocked up your two hours at Number Ten by almost single-handedly tanking the British economy. You have nothing left to do but pander to a megalomaniacal felon in someone else's country?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Go home, please. You cocked up your two hours at Number Ten by almost single-handedly tanking the British economy. You have nothing left to do but pander to a megalomaniacal felon in someone else's country?

Honestly, it's  fine for you to hang on to her for a while. We've had a turn, so it's only fair someone else should 

• Haha 1

On 16/07/2024 at 07:36, StefanAVFC said:

Despite the ugly nature of the comments, it bodes well for the special relationship doesn’t it?

What's far more concerning is that this guy probably will be President at some point with Trumps age. For all those who say it really can't end up as bad as everyone is making out. 

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â